• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
If I might ask: Why not seperate the first post into 1st Generation, 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, 4th Generation, and Completed?

Yes, I'm still avoiding picking up ruby, haha. Too much grinding needed :(

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
If I might ask: Why not seperate the first post into 1st Generation, 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, 4th Generation, and Completed?

Yes, I'm still avoiding picking up ruby, haha. Too much grinding needed :(

Hmm, that is an excellent idea. Sounds like a plan. :D

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
I have great news: Sandy (finally) evolved! I dedided to teach Earthquake to Vibrava and batlled a few trainers and...it evolved! Then I taught Dragon Claw to him and I'm training Roll so it learns Earthquake, then I'll level up my party and...then I'll be ready to challenge the E4. This time I'll record it and upload it on YouTube.

Oh, and by the way, should I teach Shadow Ball to Clay (Claydol)? His moves are: Psychic-Dig-Sandstorm-Ancientpower. What do you think?

Ill blog after finishing Hoenn, then a break till my PC is fixed (i tried downloading the newest version of no$gba and my PC restarted 5 mins later! O_o)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I have great news: Sandy (finally) evolved! I dedided to teach Earthquake to Vibrava and batlled a few trainers and...it evolved! Then I taught Dragon Claw to him and I'm training Roll so it learns Earthquake, then I'll level up my party and...then I'll be ready to challenge the E4. This time I'll record it and upload it on YouTube.

Oh, and by the way, should I teach Shadow Ball to Clay (Claydol)? His moves are: Psychic-Dig-Sandstorm-Ancientpower. What do you think?

Ill blog after finishing Hoenn, then a break till my PC is fixed (i tried downloading the newest version of no$gba and my PC restarted 5 mins later! O_o)

Remove Sandstorm or Dig.

He's a special attacker, not physical, and if another team member has Earthquake, dig ain't needed :P

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I'm going to take yet another small break because I'm addicted to Pokemon Pearl. I recently found it hidden behind my desk and I've been playing it ever since.

(Also, I decided to do the 4th gen challenge on my DS. There might not be any videos, but I can play on Wi-fi with the other challengers then ;) )

Tony Montana

Years
Hey hey, Im still training in Victory Road. The first part of my training is almost complete. Do you know any better placefor training than Victory Road? Cause I have to train Swampert to Lv 52....

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the advice Myzou! I think Ill remove dig, sandstorm might be useful.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hm, I think the Iron Cave may be better. They are lower levels, yes, but they're mostly Graveler and Onix, who Swampert will have a field day with. That is where I train all of my Water & Grass types. =D

Tony Montana

Years
Hm, I think the Iron Cave may be better. They are lower levels, yes, but they're mostly Graveler and Onix, who Swampert will have a field day with. That is where I train all of my Water & Grass types. =D

Iron Cave? I don't think there's one in Ruby, as Onix doesn't appear in this game.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
D'oh!

Well, this is what happens when we're dealing with all four generations. People tend to get mixed up. *sweatdrop*

Well, for RSE, I'd suggest...yeah, Victory Road. :D

EDIT: Or you could try grounding all those Tentacool/cruel on the high seas.

Tony Montana

Years
D'oh!

Well, this is what happens when we're dealing with all four generations. People tend to get mixed up. *sweatdrop*

Well, for RSE, I'd suggest...yeah, Victory Road. :D

Yeah...too bad Sky Pillar is closed, I'd enter there to train (in Emerald its open, but the wild Pokemon are Lv 35-37 but Im playing in Ruby so meh). Thanks anyway dude.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Can I sign-up for Ghost? Yes, I know they are uncommon, but I will trade one from blue to red the moment I can. So, get back to me please.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Can I sign-up for Ghost? Yes, I know they are uncommon, but I will trade one from blue to red the moment I can. So, get back to me please.
This sounds pretty exciting, I imagine that your party will be pretty boring in the first gen though. :P
I'd suggest using the whole line (Gastly, Haunter and Gengar, with one or two more.) in the first gen to spice it up a little bit, but it's your choice. This'll be an interesting one.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Yes, I agree. Using a team full of Gengar will get a little boring, I think. So I suggest sticking with a Haunter or two, or god forbid-keeping one a little Gastly throughout the game.

And of course you can sign up for Ghost. I'll add you to the list ASAP.

What I'll also be doing shortly is going along with Myzou's suggestion, and separating people into four groups, depending on which generation they're currently in. Now, while I try to be, I'm not perfect, so if you notice I put you in the wrong group by mistake, just let me know, 'kay? ^_^

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Thank You. I think I already know my team Lineup. I can guarantee you, it won't only be Gastly/Haunter, in the 1st gen.

EDIT: Would I be able to trade my Haunter from Red to Crystal?

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Thank You. I think I already know my team Lineup. I can guarantee you, it won't only be Gastly/Haunter, in the 1st gen.

EDIT: Would I be able to trade my Haunter from Red to Crystal?
Nope. You're supposed to start each Gen with new Pokemon. That said, since you are using Ghost types, you can trade one untouched Ghost into your game from the start. I suggest Midreavus myself, as Gastly can be caught early on in GSC. ^^

As for the first post, here we go:

Alakazam17 said:
Challengers

1.png
4.png
201K.png
201A.png
201N.png
201T.png
201O.png
7.png
25.png

Fire - Harry Blue5, syphilis
Water - Dark RyanYugo, Ruby-Kun, Mrchewey, Umbreon_Matt
Normal - Suzume, MikeZzZ808
Fighting - Thinking_Of_A_Name
Poison - Mr. bell
Rock - noxious
Grass - TheAbsol, Legendary Squirtle
Ground - bemertonboy
Electric - Volkner-chan, skaterzpenguin
Bug - Hair_of_the_Dawn, Yamo
Flying - Gewitterdrache27, ChibiLuna
Ghost -ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ

183.png
158.png
201J.png
201O.png
201H.png
201T.png
201O.png
155.png
152.png

Psychic - Alakazam17
Electric - Warmachine

252.png
255.png
201H.png
201O.png
201E.png
201N.png
201N.png
258.png
360.png

Fighting - Ikwaylx
Ground - Tony Montana
Bug - Myzou
Flying - badgerkingx

451.png
396.png
201S.png
201I.png
201N.png
201N.png
201O.png
201H.png
393.png
390.png

None at the moment. XD
I myself like the Unown in there, but please let me know if you think it is lame. XD

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I like it. it is creative using the unknown.

This weekend, I'll speed ahead!

...I plan on making this challenge into a story when I am done. :)
Rocks Tate Bad!

In this update of my journey, I'll be talking about my battle with the first Kanto gym of Pewter City! It is known as the Pewter City Gym! The gym leader is strong-willed enthusiast with a passion for rock pokémon. I enter the challenge with my Ghastly, KAI! I step up to the battle with JR.TRAINER!

Gastly(Kai)
rbspr092.png

Level-5 (IDK how I had one of these laying around, but I did!)
(<-Will that be counted as hacking?)
Moveset-Confuse Ray, Lick, and Night Shade.

After a long and tedious battle I prevail! I first went up against his Diglett, and didn't even get damaged. I finished it off with a Lick attack. Next to come up was his Sandshrew! The Sandshrew went first against my Gastly, using a sand-attack. I countered it with a Confuse Ray. Sandshrew was confused. i missed, it used sand-attack again. This continued for a while, the enemy hurting itself every so often. I finished it with a Night Shade attack! I left the battle victorious with a level 10 Gastly. Then I made my way back to the Poké Center to rest up before the big fight.

Gastly(Kai)
rbspr092.png

Level-10

I re-entered the gym with much anticipation. I was ready for the battle Nothing would change my mind. I had a gut feeling that I would come out victorious. So, to see if I felt correct, I entered the battle with Brock. This one, was surprisingly short, and easy. None of his moves made a hit..(HA, TAKE THAT NORMAL TYPE USER!)

I emerged from the battle victorious with a level 12 Gastly.

Gastly(Kai)
rbspr092.png

Level-12

I took a short rest at the Pokecenter. Then I made my way to Cerulean City! Find out more about the adventure in the next exciting installment of: Pokémon Journey:The New Trainer in Town!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back