• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Why not giving both Ice Beam, the 200.000 money are quickly collected if you battle the rich people around that mansion near Hearthome, and they give decent exp (at least if they leveled their Chatot and Roselia up)

If you don't want to do buy a second Ice Beam TM, i'd say give Tenta Ice Beam, since it seems to be your main Pokemon, it should have the more reliable move.
    Even though this means you'll need some luck against Garchomp (which is always needed anyway, since there's stuff like crits)

I didn't continue yet, i was exceptionally busy with school, didn't want to screw up today's test.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Phew... that was hard.

I bought a second Ice Beam TM like monday suggested and grinded all my Pokemon to lvl. 52 (except for Zoey (Lumineon), who I got to lvl. 53 for Bounce). I entered the Pokemon League.

Aaron was reasonably difficult due to his Double-Teaming Yanmega being a pain in the proverbial. Rock Slides from Slughorn (Gastrodon) took him and Vespiquen down. Scizor enjoyed Gunn's (Octillery) Flamethrower, Drapion an Earthquake from Slughorn, and Heracross a Bounce from Zoey.

Flint and Bertha were absolute jokes bar Flint's Magmortar. That cut into me with Thunderbolt and Solarbeam. After these battles, of which I cannot remember the details, I noticed I had three Pokemon fainted and had forgotten to stock up on healing items. I was never going to make it from then on, so I let Lucian murder me, and stocked up.

The second round went pretty much the same as the first, except I coped better against Magmortar since I knew more about its moveset. Lucian was a pain, but with Wesley's (Floatzel's) Crunch, Pingu's (Empoleon's) Shadow Claw, Zoey's U-turn and Gunn's Flamethrower for Bronzong, I got by alright. Now Cynthia, there was a hell of a challenge. I wished I'd used Gyarados after all.

I resetted three or four times until I beat her, so I don't remember exactly what happened, but I know it involved a lot of healing. Zoey beat Spiritomb (I hate that thing having no weaknesses!) with Surf, and Slughorn's Ice Beam beat Garchomp and Togekiss (with plenty of healing and reviving). Slughorn also beat Lucario, and A combination of Gunn's Charge Beam and Empoleon's Grass Knot beat Milotic. Roserade was the real evil. It took both Pingu and Tentachul to take her down. This description makes it seem a hell of a lot easier than it really was - after several resets I ended the match with 5 fainted Pokemon and just 7HP left on Pingu. But nonetheless - I have completed the challenge!

Final Team:

Spr_4p_419_m.png

Floatzel/Wesley
    Swift Swim
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Dig
    - Brick Break

The Glass Cannon of my team. Its speed was definitely useful - it could even outspeed Cynthia's Garchomp, but couldn't take a hit. Its diverse movepool was curiously useless in the Elite Four

Spr_4p_395.png

Empoleon/Pingu
    Torrent
    - Brine
    - Shadow Claw
    - Drill Peck
    - Grass Knot

The same as he was in the middle of the game - solid. It's typing allowed it to take all kinds of hits, which certainly helped. I couldn't have done it without him.

Spr_4p_224_m.png

Octillery/Gunn
    Suction Cups
    - Charge Beam
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Flamethrower

Was absolutely invaluable in the earlier stages, but fell far behind later on. Slow as a snail and took hits like a chump. Flamethrower was still vital against Bronzong.

Spr_4p_423.png

Gastrodon/Slughorn
    Sticky Hold
    - Muddy Water
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

Joint MVP. The immunity to Electric was beyond important, and it took down more than its fair share of the E4, including half of Cynthia's team. It was a bit of a tank, but could dish it out as well.

Spr_4p_457_f.png

Lumineon/Zoey
    Swift Swim
    - Surf
    - Attract
    - U-turn
    - Bounce

Oh, poor, poor Lumineon. It was more useful than I thought due to Flying and Bug moves, and Attract saved my arse against Snorlax, but lets face it, its stats suck.

Spr_4p_073.png

Tentacruel
    Liquid Ooze
    - Surf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Ice Beam

Surprisingly awesome. I used to think it was just an annoying jellyfish, but now I'm thinking it's one of the best. It's fast, hits hard, and can take hits. Vital in both general play and against the Elite Four - joint MVP.

waterhof.jpg

Fin.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • jaxleb.jpg

Final Johto entry
    Verion: Emerald
    Type: Grass

I ****in' made it!
    After defeating Juan, I searched far and wide for TMs to complete my team. Then I grinded to lv. 60, then challenged the E4 and failed. Then I trained 'em all up to lv. 61, bought a lot of stuff at the mart, then challenged the E4 again.

Sidney
    Spoiler:

Phoebe
    Spoiler:

Glacia
    Spoiler:

Drake
    Spoiler:

Champion Wallace
    Spoiler:

Final team:
    emesprani254.gif
    Sceptile, lv. 62, aka "Palmer"
    Overgrow // Bold Nature // Silk Scarf
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Return
    - Cut

This guy did really awesome, and he did most of the unimportant trainer battles. However, he did not turn out to be quite as useful as I hoped.

emesprani275.gif
    Shiftry, lv. 61, aka "Dots"
    Early Bird // Relaxed Nature // Lax Incense
    - Shadow Ball
    - Strength
    - Faint Attack
    - Extrasensory

When I received him as a Seedot from an in-game trade, he was impossible. But after some training, he turned out to be a goddamn beast. However, as I moved on to the Victory Road and te Pokémon League, he didn't really turn out to be all that useful, after all. But still a great Pokémon.

emesprani286.gif
    Breloom, lv. 61, aka "Mush"
    Effect Spore // Relaxed Nature
    - Mega Drain
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Mach Punch
    - Iron Tail

This guy has to be my favourite on this team. He's just... He hits hard and fast, and he can even leave the foe paralayzed or even asleep! However, he doesn't really enjoy getting hit, so I've had to rely on a sort of hit-hard-and-hit-first sort of tactic with this guy, but it worked.

emesprani272.gif
    Ludicolo, lv. 62, aka "Loculo"
    Swift Swim // Serious Nature // Mystic Water
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Water Pulse

Useful. Especially against Phoebe, Drake and even Wallace. He has very decent Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. stats, and he's even faster than I thought. He can kill a lot of Pokés with Ice Beam and Surf.

emesprani045.gif
    Vileplume, lv. 61, aka "Plumy"
    Chlorophyll // Gentle Nature
    - Secret Power
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Sleep Powder
    - Petal Dance

Very decent. Sleep Powder is dead useful, and Petal Dance and Sludge Bomb are just two great moves. As for Secret Power, it works fairly okay as a filler move, when nothing else works, and when you don't really have any other means of attacking a friggen' Golbat, when grinding in Victory Road.

emesprani357.gif
    Tropius, lv. 61, aka "Banas"
    Chlorophyll // Hasty Nature // Soft Sand
    - Fly
    - Magical Leaf
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace

Solid. Earthquake + Soft Sand turned out to be a very useful addition to my team. Besides, he can take care of annoying Bug-types, and he can get me from A to B. Magical Leaf works as a great filler move. Well. He's decent, and he can take a hit, (somewhat) but I'm a little disappointed by his Speed.

Anyways.. Move me to Sinnoh!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I've defeated Red, on my fourth attempt! So, I'll describe the big battle now. Pikachu was no problem, OHKO'd by an Earthquake from Quaggy. The overrated Venusaur was next, while charging in for an Solarbeam, OHKO'd by an Ice Beam from Ice Beam. Next was Espeon, killed by two Shadow Ball's from Vapor, after surviving two Psychic's. Snorlax was the toughest, killing Vapor, Surf and Confused, to be killed by Crunch. I revived Surf, who 2HKO'd Blastoise with Thunderbolt. Charizard was OHKO'd by a Surf from Crunch, and that sealed my win :D
    Final Team:
    gbc195.gif

Quaggy/Quagsire
    Level 60
    ~ Surf
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Ice Punch
    Nice, as said, my only option against Pikachu.
    gbc131.gif
    Surf/Lapras
    Level 60
    ~ Surf
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Body Slam
    Joint MVP, was awesome against Red.
    gbc055.gif

Confused/Golduck
    Level 60
    ~ Surf
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Confusion
    LVP, did nothing in Kanto except being grinded.
    gbc160.gif

Crunch/Feraligatr
    Level 60
    ~ Surf
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Slash
    Awesome in Johto, dropped a little in Kanto.
    gbc134.gif

Vapor/Vaporeon
    Level 63
    ~ Surf
    ~ Aurora Beam
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Headbutt
    MVP, defeated the Elite 4 single-handedly where others struggled, defeated all the Kanto gyms, except for Misty and Lt. Surge.
    Move me to Hoenn!
    In Hoenn, I just defeated Wattson, my team being Marshtomp, Gyarados and Wingull, adding Starmie later. Movesets come in next update.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • rofl, my little sister wanted to play my pokemon game and grinded my Bibarel to level 40 XD. Too bad she didn't learn him the right moves, so I'll be needing some TMs.

I beat Gardenia easily with Prinplups Peck and Shellos's Mud Bomb for Roserade. I needed Bibarel to deal the last blow with HIdden power (fire)
    I'm now in hearthome city.

Team

Prinplup lvl 25
    Grass Knot
    Bubblebeam
    Peck
    metal Claw

Shellos lvl 26
    Water Pulse
    Mud Bomb
    Secret power
    Hidden power (Dark)

Bibarel lvl 40
    Super Fang
    Amnesia
    Thief
    Take Down

I'm really busy with school now...

Years
  • champ.png

Normal Monotype Challenge [Kanto]: Complete! Only took me about a year. ;D
    Team:
    Reisen / Wigglytuff ♀ Final lv. 58
    Docile
    Cute Charm
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Psychic
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Flamethrower

Mischi / Fearow ♀ Final lv. 69
    Naive
    Keen Eye
    ~Drill Peck
    ~Hidden Power
    ~Fly
    ~Fury Attack

Kourin / Meowth ♂ Final lv. 61
    Docile
    Pickup
    ~Slash
    ~Cut
    ~Hidden Power
    ~Pay Day

CHEEEEEEN! / Persian ♀ Final lv. 61
    Naughty
    Limber
    ~Slash
    ~Hidden Power
    ~Fake Out
    ~Shadow Ball

Eirin / Chansey ♀ Final lv. 64
    Modest
    Natural Care
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Strength
    ~Seismic Toss
    ~Softboiled

Komachi / Snorlax ♀ Final lv. 58
    Serious
    Immunity
    ~Body Slam
    ~Surf
    ~Rest
    ~Snore

Starting on Johto soon!

Years
  • I will take the challenge. I pick fire type pokemon and start with pokemon red.

I named myself Spayro and my rival blue. Picked a charmander and named it blaze. I trained my charmander up to lvl 14 and then beat my rival. Trained my charmander up to lvl 16 and he evolved in charmeleon.I camed throu the mount moon and my charmeleon was lvl 24. I beat the nugget bridge and all the trainers till bill hause. Get the S.S. ann ticket and went to the third city I forgot the name of it and beat all of the trainers so i trained my charmeleon up to lvl 39 and he evolved into charizard. Then I went back and beat misty. Next I beat Lt.Surge and obtain 3th badge.

My pokemon team is:

Charizard/Blaze Lvl. 40.
    Attacks:
    Scratch,
    Rage,
    Ember,
    Slash.

Next I vent into a rock tunnel and get out on the other side without a flash. I went to fourth city and get eevee and growlithe I evolve them with fire stones and then beat the team rocket at game corner. Next I went to gym and won myself a badge.

I make it throu a soul tower and then to the next badge I win it like it was nothing next I went to a safron and into a silph co.

Oh yeah my pokemon team is:

Arcanine/dogie lvl. 28
    Bite,
    Ember,
    Roar,
    Skull bash.

Flareon/Flame Lvl: 50
    Rage,
    Bite,
    Quick attack,
    Ember

Charizard/Blaze Lvl. 50
    Scrathc,
    Flamethrower,
    Ember,
    Slash

I managed to beat team rocket at the silph corporation and defeat boath gyms in the saffron city

I yust beat he 2 remaining gyms and my rival and went to the wictory road

I took on the E4 and won. I beat the E4 and my rival.
    My wining team is:

Arcanine/Dogie Lvl: 37
    Bite,
    Take down,
    Ember,
    Skull bash

Flareon/Flame Lvl: 69
    Flamethrower,
    Bite,
    Quick attack,
    Ember

Charizard/Blaze Lvl: 62
    Fire blast,
    Flamethrower,
    Ember,
    Slash

So this mean that I will take the pokemon gold with fire pokemons on.

I started as a boy and named my self Spayro. I picked a cyndaquil and name him blazer.

I get to the first city and defeat the sprout tower, with that victory my cyndaquil evolved into quilava.

I yust beat falkner and obtain my first badge. So hop hop and away to the next city.

I yust beat up the second gym and won the second badge my current team is quilava lvl:24

I have defeated the third gym and soodovoodo. so Im going to the next one right now

It tooked me some time but I done the special training and beat the fouth gym leader. My team is Blazer lvl: 40.

I beat Jasmine and won myself a steel badge.

I yust came back from the lake of rage victorius. my team is: thyplosion lvl:45

I beat the seventh gym and gaind the badge now Im off to radio tower. My team is Typlosion lvl:49

I beat the E4 of johto championship with my team and that was typlosion lvl 65 now im off to kanto.

Sorry If Im late May progress is that im over I beat the kanto gym leaders and E4 the I went to defeat red so i POWND him. My team is the same Quilava lvl:100

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I continued a bit on my playthrough.

I went to veilstone city, bla bla bla.
    Shellos evolved into Gastrodon.
    Beat the gym easily by using gastrodon's Water Pulse and Lucario by Mud Bomb.
    On my way to Pastoria Prinplup evolved into Empoleon.
    Beat the gym leader easily by using Grass knot.

team:

Empoleon lvl 37
    brine
    Grass Knot
    Aerial Ace
    Blizzard

gastrodon lvl 37
    Water Pulse
    body slam
    Blizzard
    Mud bomb

Bibarel lvl 41 (leveled up 1 by Rare candy)
    Super Fang
    Strenght
    Amnesia
    Thief

I hope I'll get a bit less busy from now on.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Switch me out of Water - I started playing pokemon yellow the other day and decided to go with the Flying type.

So, yeah, I'm now doing Monotype Flying. Lorelei and Pryce are gonna be FUN :(

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Finally, I've finished Yellow.

Here are some pictures.
    2eb5q13.jpg

Moveset:
    Surf
    Thunder
    Earthquake
    Icebeam

fejjwi.jpg

Moveset:

Solarbeam
    Psychic
    Psybeam
    Sleep powder

dgroep.jpg

Moveset:

Thunderbolt
    Double team
    Strength
    Double kick
    I'll miss this team and off I go to the poison challenge in Gold o.0

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I made a little more progress now.

I chased thes galactic grunt and beat him easily, In teh meanwhile I also PWNNED my rival and got the secretpotion from Cynthia.
    I used it on the Psyducks and continued to Celestic town.
    I beat the rocket grunt there and got HM 3.
    I beat fantina easily by Blizzard on Drifblim and Surf on Gengar and mismagius, though he was 3 hit KOed.
    Then I surfed to Canalave city where I caught my 4th member of my team, Floatzel.
    I'm now training it at the west of Pastoria at the trainers I left there.

Team:

Floatzel lvl 32
    Aqua yet
    Crunch
    Strenght
    Pursuit

Empoleon lvl 39
    Surf
    Grass Knot
    Aerial Ace
    Blizzard

gastrodon lvl 39
    Surf
    body slam
    Blizzard
    Mud bomb

Bibarel lvl 42
    Super Fang
    Amnesia
    Thief
    *open spot for when I get a good TM or HM Rock Climb*

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • I think I'll start a flying type challenge. I'm just loading my red version up now. :)

- Started new game and named myself Ben, and my rival Green.
    - Chose Squirtle at random as my starter (I know Charizard is part flying, but I wanted to challenge myself :P)
    - Beat Green, and ran to Viridian and back to get my pokédex and get this show on the road.
    - Bought me some pokéballs and caught a Level 3 Spearow and a Level 3 Pidgey.
    -Trained my two birds to Level 8, then took on Green and won.
    - Made my way to Viridian Forest, where Spearow killed every bug in sight... apart for one caterpie which I caught
    - Grinded my pokémon to level 13, evolving Caterpie into Butterfree in the process. Then I headed to the gym, where Butterfree single handedly beat the Rock types.
    - Went through Mt. Moon and chose the dome fossil at random.
    - Met Green on Viridian Bridge, and beat him. On the bridge, Pidgey evolved to Pidgeotto.
    - Went to Cerulean Gym and beat Misty. In the battle Spearow evolved to Fearow.
    - Went to Vermillion and on Route 11 I caught a Level 15 Spearow I nicknamed 'Trade'
    - Traded 'Trade' for a Farfetch'd nicknamed 'Dux'
    - Got an Old Rod and caught a Level 5 Magikarp
    - Grinded like hell... what surge scares me.

Edit: Played some more :P
    -Got my team to about Level 22 (Except Magikarp)
    -Managed to beat Surge and win my third badge
    -Caught a Level 9 Drowzee to be a Flash slave
    -Made my way through Rock Tunnel, where Magikarp evolved into Gyarados :)
    -Taught Gyarados Bubblebeam, making Rock Tunnel much easier
    -Got to Lavendar and beat Green.
    -Went to Celadon and headed straight for the Game Corner
    -Wasted most of my money on coins so that I could buy Dratini :)
    Team at end:

Gyarados
    Level 25
    -Bubblebeam
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

Farfetch'd (Dux)
    Level 26
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Cut
    -Swords Dance

Fearow
    Level 26
    -Peck
    -Mirror Move
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

Butterfree
    Level 26
    -Tackle
    -Supersonic
    -Confusion
    -Poison Powder

Pidgeotto
    Level 26
    -Gust
    -Sand Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Whirlwind

Dratini
    Level 18
    -Wrap
    -Leer
    -Thunder Wave

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2013
    Picked up Pokemon Blue and thought... What the heck? Let's do a grass mono-challenge.

-Picked Bulbasaur as my starter. Named it Brink
    -Defeated Mik, my rival
    -Finished Oak's Parcel Errand
    -Trained Bulbasaur to level 10
    -Defeated Mik a second time
    -Made it to Pewter City
    -Defeated Brock's Gym with no problem
    -Brink evolved into Ivysaur when I fought the first Lass of the next route
    -Made it to Mt. Moon
    -Caught a Paras and named it Price
    -Made it to Cerulean City
    -Began training Pryce

Team.

Ivysaur (Brink)
    Level 26
    -Tackle
    -PoisonPowder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Price
    Level 15
    -Scratch
    -Stun Spore

slls81

Years
  • Okay got an update :)

-Spoke to a man dressed in black hanging around the game corner, turned out he was a rocket... so I beat him. I then proceeded to beat the rest of the base and got me a Silph Scope.
    -Beat Erica very easily... I have an all Flying team it wasn't exactly going to be hard.
    -Got Fly HM... not sure how much I can use this without feeling guilty. Ideally 4 of my team would learn it, but atm only Pidgeotto has it.
    -Went back to Lavender and 'saved' Mr. Fuji. Recieved PokeFlute.
    -'Bribed' the Saffron guards with some Fresh Water.
    -Went to the Fighting Dojo and won me a Hitmonchan.

Edit: made a bit more progress.

-Made my way through Silph Company, beat Green and then Giovanni.
    -Along the way I recieved a Lapras.
    -Went to the Gym and scraped past Sabrina (with my hugely under levelled team)

Team at last save:
    Spr_1b_147.png

Dratini
    Level 29
    -Wrap
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder Wave
    -Agility

Gyarados
    Level 33
    -Bubblebeam
    -Bite
    -Tackle
    -Dragon Rage

Fearow
    Level 32
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Leer
    -Mirror Move

Butterfree
    Level 33
    -Psychic
    -Tackle
    -Supersonic
    -Poison Powder

Farfetch'd (Dux)
    Level 33
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Swords Dance
    -Cut

Pidgeotto
    Level 32
    -Fly
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack
    -Wing Attack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2013
    I've got some more progress! :)

-Continued the training of Price the Paras. Leveled it to level 21.
    -Fought Mik, my rival. Pryce was able to beat Pidgeotto and Abra, but Rattata got a lucky hit and killed it. Brink the Ivysaur took care of Rattata and Charmander easily though
    -After healing, we took on the Nugget Bridge and won quite easily. Great job, Price!
    -Went into the route north of Nugget Bridge and caught a Bellsprout! Named it Belle.
    -Went back to the route west of Cerulean City and began training Belle. Leveled it to level 20.
    -Went back to the route north of Nugget Bridge to beat all of its trainers. While doing so, Belle evolved into Weepinbel! Saved Bill and got the S.S. Ticket!
    -Returned to Cerulean City, healed, and went to Cerulean Gym! Belle easily took care of the Gym Trainers.
    -Fought Misty. Started with Price and easily killed Staryu. Price almost killed Starmie but bubblebeam got a great shot at Paras, knocking it out. I sent out Belle to finish the job with a Vine Whip. And I got the Cascade Badge!
    -Went back to the route west of Cerulean to catch an HM slave. Price accidentally killed a Rattata and evolved into a Parasect!
    -Caught Rattata the HM Slave and named it Slave. (May ditch for a better HM Slave later)
    -Defeated the Digging Rocket and received the TM for Dig
    -Made it to Vermillion City, defeating all of the trainers along the way
    -Went to the Route east of Vermillion to train against the trainers. Afterwards, returned to Vermillion to heal
    -Explored Diglett Cave to Train. Caught a Diglett to help fill up my dex. Returned to Vermillion City to heal, drop Diglett off in the box, and head to the S.S. Anne. Defeated all of the trainers then fought my rival, Mik. Belle took care of Pidgeotto and Raticate without a problem. I switched Price in to fight Kadabra and once again the little bugger prevailed. Sadly, it died against Charmeleon. I switched Belle back in and sleep powder/wrapped Charmeleon to submission. Good job, team! I then got cut from the captain and watched the ship sail away~
    -So, I healed and booted up cut to remember... Rattata can't learn cut! And so, I'm now off to find a better HM Slave. Any ideas?

Current party. (Put Slave back in the box)

Price the Parasect
    Level 27
    -Scratch
    -Stun Spore
    -Leech Life

Brink the Ivysaur
    Level 28
    -Tackle
    -PoisonPowder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Belle the Weepinbel
    Level 28
    -Vine Whip
    -Sleep Powder
    -Wrap
    -PoisonPowder

Years
  • I'd recommend first using something like a random Bellsprout or Diglett for Cut, and later, as soon as you get the Super Rod, replacing it by a Krabby, which learns Cut, Strength and Surf. This makes it the best HM slave in gen.1, after Mew. Oh, there's also Lickitung, but it's a lot harder to obtain, so go with Krabby.

I've to get back to this, i can't even remember where i saved last...

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • I'd recommend first using something like a random Bellsprout or Diglett for Cut, and later, as soon as you get the Super Rod, replacing it by a Krabby, which learns Cut, Strength and Surf. This makes it the best HM slave in gen.1, after Mew. Oh, there's also Lickitung, but it's a lot harder to obtain, so go with Krabby.

Meowth learns Cut and Flash, and in any generation past 2, gets Pickup. He's a good pick.

Years
  • Ah, forgot about Meowth, since i'm mostly playing Red version...
    But since Uysl is using Wrap on Weepinbell, i think it's Blue version, since Wrap is more or less useless outside of gen.1.
    But Rock Tunnel without Flash isn't too hard anyway, since you can see the walls.

slls81

Years
  • -So, I healed and booted up cut to remember... Rattata can't learn cut! And so, I'm now off to find a better HM Slave. Any ideas?

I'd say Bellsprouts the best option at that stage of Blue, as it can learn both Flash and Cut :)

Anyway I have more progress :)

-Woke up Snorlax and beat him to open up Cycling Road. On Cycling Road Pidgeotto evolved to Pidgeot.
    -Made my way to Fuschia and headed straight for the Safari Zone, where I caught a Level 26 Doduo and got the Gold Teeth for the Warden and won HM03 as a prize for some competition I didn't even know was happening. Taught both HM's to Gyarados and deposited Fearow to withdraw Doduo.
    -Beat Koga using mostly Butterfree's Psychic. However Dratini won one battle and evolved to Dragonair.
    -Grinded a bit back up to Lavender to raise Doduo to the teams level.
    -Flew to Pallet and surfed over to Cinabaar.
    -Found the Gym key, then tore through the Gym with Gyarados.
    -Flew back to Viridian and beat Giovanni using Gyarados and Dragonair.
    -Headed towards the league and met Green, who I beat using only Dragonair, Gyarados and Pidgeot.
    -Now I plan to grind a bit to get everyone to around Level 48-50.

Team at save:

Farfeth'd (Dux)
    Level 39
    -Slash
    -Peck
    -Swords Dance
    -Cut
    Spr_1b_085.png

Dodrio
    Level 39
    -Drill Peck
    -Rage
    -Fury Attack
    -Peck

Gyarados
    Level 39
    -Bubblebeam
    -Strength
    -Surf
    -Dragon Rage
    Spr_1b_018.png

Pidgeot
    Level 40
    -Fly
    -Quick Attack
    -Gust
    -Wing Attack

Butterfree
    Level 40
    -Psychic
    -Tackle
    -Supersonic
    -Toxic
    Spr_1b_148.png

Dragonair
    Level 41
    -Wrap
    -Ice Beam
    -Slam
    -Blizzard

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Here goes.

1st Sinnoh Entry
    Version: Platinum
    Type: Grass

So, I've finally started the last part of this challenge. I'm gonna skip the boring details of the storyline, cos' I haven't really played Platinum that much yet, so I don't really know the storyline yet. Just know that I have two badges, and as soon as I've made my Cherubi evolve and grinded 'em all up to level 30, I'm gonna move on. Here's my team so far:

388.png
    Grotle, lv. 25
    Lonely Nature // Overgrow // Soothe Bell
    - Razor Leaf
    - Return
    - Absorb
    - Bite

413.png
    Wormadam, lv. 26
    Gentle Nature // Anticipation // SilverPowder
    - Tackle
    - Confusion