• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seriously, HG is pissing me off. It freezes every five minutes and occasionally the rom image crashes. Anyone mind if i switch to Crystal? No? Thanks.

Update: Started in Crystal, chose Chikorita, beat rival, caught a Caterpie, but didn't find a Weedle (apparently Weedle is availiable only in the morning), changed time to night, caught a Spinarak. Changed time to morning, caught a Weedle and a Ledyba. Saved.

Team:

Cool Eyes / Metapod f Lv.8 @ /
    ~ Tackle
    ~ String Shot
    ~ Harden
    ~ /
    Because Butterfree has cool eyes.

Eeek! / Spinarak f Lv.6 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ String Shot
    ~ Scary Face
    ~/
    Same name as before, i'm uncreative

JewelWasps / Weedle f Lv.3 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ String Shot
    ~ Move 3
    ~ Move 4
    Jewel Wasps are awesome, and so is Beedrill.

iFail / Ledyba f Lv.3 @ /
    ~ Tackle
    ~ /
    ~ /
    ~ /
    Ledyba really does. Except for its movepool, which is quite cool and the only reason to use it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Third (and last) Crystal update:
    After the E4, I proceeded to get all the other gym badges. Only Blue was a challenge, since Rhydon, Pidgeot AND Arcananine are all good matchups against Bugs. Nevertheless, it was all well. I obtained the Focus Band and Leftovers as well.
    I then went to Mt. Mortar. My team was looking pretty solid, but nowhere near being able to beat Red. My team was around level 51 by then. Here's my team:

Webmaster @ Quick Claw
    Sludge Bomb
    Giga Drain
    Night Shade
    Flash

My first member, and one of my favourites. Despite not being all that strong, he's very valuable when it comes to weakening the enemies for someone else to deal the finishing blow. Since the E4, he got Leech Life replaced by Giga Drain, and Dig by Flash. This last change was made so that I could find Red in the Silver Cave. It was either that, or Shuck's moveset, which, by now, was just perfect.

Shuck @ Mistery Berry
    Toxic
    Sandstorm
    Protect
    Rest

So god damn useful once he got Sandstorm, and Toxic later. A real staller, with Protect + Rest giving him the stalling capability of, at level 48, stalling Lance's 3 Dragonites plus his Charizard. A true beast. He can't stall out steel types, since they are immune to both Sandstorm and Toxic, but to be honest, he never needed to.

Predator @ Exp. Share
    Sludge Bomb
    Pursuit
    Twin Needle
    Swift

Very, very fragile. That's his main problem. It does have some very useful moves (SBomb and TNeedle cause poison and have STAB, Pursuit hits Psys and Ghosts, Swift never misses) but it's just not made to endure tough fights. One STAB'd Wing Attack, Flamethrower or Rock Slide is almost guaranteed to take him out.

Shellshock @ Leftovers
    Headbutt
    Rollout
    Protect
    Explosion

Another defensive beast. Capable of Rollout sweeps, flinches, and stalling. Leftovers fit him like a glove, considering his enormous defense and very nice typing. His only problem is fire types, who burn him effortlessly. Finally, Explosion is much more powerful than I imagined. I truly loved training and commanding this poke, which I thought wasn't that useful for in-game playing, but completely changed my mind.

Bughamut @ Focus Band
    Return
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Reversal

The real deal. This thing has WIN written all over it. Focus Band goes very well with Reversal, Mega-horn is a 120-base-power move which gets STAB AND runs on his incredible Attack stat. Earthquake is awesome, and Return gives him more coverage. He is the attacker my team needs when Webmaster and Predator can only weaken the foe, and when Shuck's or Shellshock's defensive powers aren't the solution.

While thinking about Red's battle, I was getting worried. Specially because of that beast called Charizard. I have no Rock nor Water type attacks (bug pokemon have very restricted movepool), and I often ended up facepalming thinking "Why didn't I allow myself to use pokemon I had used before?" I'm talking about Pokemon such as Venomoth or Butterfree, which I used on Yellow, and could be VERY useful with their high special attack and status ailments.
    But yes, I restricted myself. When playing emerald, I won't use any of the pokes I've used so far. It just adds up to the challenge. That's the reason why I also didn't use Scyther on this playthrough, not Scizor: the first I had already used, the second I want to try on the 4th gen part of the challenge.
    So there I was, thinking... I had no idea how to beat Charizard. He's faster than any of my team members, and can OHKO any of them. Unless...
    I quickly went to Serebii and discovered my idea was right. I couldn't believe it. I quickly went to my PC and took out the bug pokemon I caught, but never got to raise. Nickname: 'Ladybug', level: 12. I gave it the Exp.Share and faced the Elite 4 a couple of times. Quite fast, I might add, she was par with the other team members, and with the moveset I intended. I therefore present you my last and 6th team member, and my saviour against Red:

Ladybug @ Amulet Coin
    Light Screen
    Agility
    Curse
    Baton Pass

This is the thing my team missed. None of the pokes I had could be incredbly awesome all-around. So I needed a Baton Passer. And a Baton Passer I got. I thought Ledian sucked, after seeing Smogon. But with this set, she is all I need to beat Red. Monday Sucks, rename your 'iFail' Ledyba to 'iWin', NOW. x)
    In any case, this thing is easy to understand. Curse up to maximize your Attack (and Defense, though that matters less), and Agility to make up for the loss Speed (and max it out as well). Then Baton Pass. Light Screen halves special damage (which is the most important kind, really, on this generation). This thing comboes with Shuck because it highers its already-gargantuous Defense. It comboes with Shellshock because it makes it harder to take down, and a harder hitter too. It comboes with Predator and Webmaster because it makes them capable of sweeping. But most important, it does that with Bughamut. This thing is pure synergy.

Everyone got to level 55, except Shuck and Bughamut, who got to level 57. That being said, here goes my battle with Red. Thanks Ledian. Definetly, the Most Valuable Player of this battle!

Spoiler:

And thus, Red was defeated. Ultimate Mono-Bug Challenge, 2 gens out of 4 completed!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Nice tactic with Ledian there. When I went up against Red with all bugs, I used Shuckle. It could survive a Charizard Flamethrower, so I just used Toxic and then Hyper Potion until it died of poison.

Years
  • But with this set, she is all I need to beat Red. Monday Sucks, rename your 'iFail' Ledyba to 'iWin', NOW. x)
    Done =D
    I plan using a different Ledian set, with Double Screen and Double Punch, i just need the coverage. But maybe i'll steal the idea and raise a second Ledian with BP later on if i just can't beat Red...

Well, i beat Whitney now, she was quite easy. Cool Eyes the Butterfree took out Clefairy and weakened Miltank. When it died (by Stomp lol), i switched in Forry the Pineco, which makes a comeback (sadly without Bug Bite this time), selfdesctructed and won.

Team:

Cool Eyes / Butterfree f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Poison Powder
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Confusion
    Put enemy to sleep and spam Confusion. Easy. Poison against anything that walls me, Tackle because Supersonic without Compoundeyes is pure fail.

Eeek! / Spinarak f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Night Shade
    ~ Scary Face
    ~ Constrict
    Why do Spinarak and Ledyba NOT evolve at the same level?
    Well, about Spinarak: First Scary Face because everything outspeeds Spinarak. Then try to Poison and then Night Shade. Lol at Constrict.

JewelWasps / Beedrill f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Swift
    ~ Harden
    ~ Cut
    The Beedrill i used in Ruby was way cooler, this here doesn't really get a lot of good moves, so i put Cut on it.

iWin / Ledian f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Comet Punch
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Ice Punch
    Surprisingly Ledian really does. Boltbeam coverage=win, and later it'll learn the screens to make things even more awesome.

Forry / Pineco m Lv.19 @ /
    ~ Take Down
    ~ Protect
    ~ Selfdestruct
    ~ Headbutt
    The movepool is a lot worse in Crystal than in Heart Gold, i can't get But Bite, Gyro Ball, Payback... But the good stats and typing are still the same, so i will find a way to make use out of this. Maybe i'll steal the Rollout set since it can't really learn anything else...

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Nice tactic with Ledian there. When I went up against Red with all bugs, I used Shuckle. It could survive a Charizard Flamethrower, so I just used Toxic and then Hyper Potion until it died of poison.

Thanks. My Shuck was level 57, I dunno if he could survive a Charizard's flamethrower. Maybe I'm just traumatized from watching Shellshock handle hits all day long and then be burnt to ashes just like that, due to his quad weakness. Besides, there'd also be the fear of criticals. So yeah, it's kinda funny that I got a team member JUST for the last fight, but if I knew, I'd probably get Ledian a lot before. It solves my Predator and Webmaster problem (they're not that fast), as well as some of their squishiness (Light Screen ftw!).

To Monday Sucks: can't read your second spoiler part :\ Pineco's Protect is so awesome ^^

Years
  • Well, i wanted to make my post not too huge, but putting the team into spoilers didn't work, everything after Butterfree was for some mysterious reason put into a separate spoiler.

And i'm planning to add a Scizor to my team, since i won't be able to evolve Scyther in Platinum, i wouldn't be able to use Scizor at all otherwise, and i don't think it's against my use-no Pokemon-more-than-once-policy (that's why i'm using no Heracross, i'll need it in Hoenn), since they're completely different, Scyther is a fast and powerful sweeper, while Scizor might not be fast, but therefore pretty bulky and hitting even harder

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016

Team:

Cool Eyes / Butterfree f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Poison Powder
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Confusion
    Put enemy to sleep and spam Confusion. Easy. Poison against anything that walls me, Tackle because Supersonic without Compoundeyes is pure fail.

Eeek! / Spinarak f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Night Shade
    ~ Scary Face
    ~ Constrict
    Why do Spinarak and Ledyba NOT evolve at the same level?
    Well, about Spinarak: First Scary Face because everything outspeeds Spinarak. Then try to Poison and then Night Shade. Lol at Constrict.

JewelWasps / Beedrill f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Swift
    ~ Harden
    ~ Cut
    The Beedrill i used in Ruby was way cooler, this here doesn't really get a lot of good moves, so i put Cut on it.

iWin / Ledian f Lv.18 @ /
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Comet Punch
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Ice Punch
    Surprisingly Ledian really does. Boltbeam coverage=win, and later it'll learn the screens to make things even more awesome.

Forry / Pineco m Lv.19 @ /
    ~ Take Down
    ~ Protect
    ~ Selfdestruct
    ~ Headbutt
    The movepool is a lot worse in Crystal than in Heart Gold, i can't get But Bite, Gyro Ball, Payback... But the good stats and typing are still the same, so i will find a way to make use out of this. Maybe i'll steal the Rollout set since it can't really learn anything else...

Here's a tip for you: forget either Beedrill and Spinarak for now, or start thinking about eventually dumping them. I'm saying this because it'd do you wonders to get Sludge Bomb on both. The only way to do so is to get a male Weedle, evolve it into a Beedrill, teach him Sludge Bomb, and make it breed with your female Spinarak/Ariados, to get a baby Spinarak with Sludge bomb as well. At least, that's what I did. It's a shame you already wasted Swift on the Beedrill though... :( Of course, you can always forget about Sludge Bomb on both pokes, and just give it to one of them.

Regarding Ledian, I can't really say if that set is good or not. I can, however, say that Predator and Webmaster were awesome at the beggining, and at the end lost quite a bit of their shine. I hope that doesn't happen with you. Boltbeam coverage would probably have helped me a lot, either because I could hit Flyers and Grounds for SE, either because it'd be some form of Special Attack. But in the worst of cases, you can always make a Baton Pass thingamajig like I did! :)

Finally, I can't trade either on Platinum, but I'm going to PokeSav a Scizor once I get a Scyther and the Metal Coat. It'll have the exact same level, EVs, IVs, moves, etcetra, so it'll be just as if I had traded it and traded it back. I think that way it can't really be considering cheating, just getting around the unability to trade, without ANY other consequences.

Years
  • I will need the last slot for a slave later on anyway so i'll of course drop one of them. Probably Beedrill (the loss of the Swift TM doesn't really hurt, theres a lot of better stuff out there) because Ariados provides better coverage with Dig.

Well, whether Ledian's set is good or not... There are 2 reasons why i prefer it over a pure support Ledian: The first is the aforementioned coverage, and the second is that it would otherwise be a huge pain to train and not really useful outside of boss battles. Of course Ledian's Base 55 Sp.A is anything but impressive, but i'm pretty sure it should be enough to beat Lance's Gyara and the Dragonites.

About Scizor's moveset... It doesn't really have many options, i'm considering something like Swords Dance, Return, Agility, Baton Pass. Helpless against Ghosts, Rocks and Steels, but that's what BP is for. I'm pretty sure this will work quite good in combination with Ariados' better movepool, i don't think anyone will like a +6Sludge Bomb or Dig from it.

Mini-update: Well, i caught a male Ledyba which i'm now grinding till it learns Baton Pass (I'm not going to evolve it to speed that process upI accidentally evolved it, playing at high speed has a downside). Then i did the Bug Catching Contest and caught a female Scyther i can breed Ledyba with, which by the way won the contest for me, yay for me now having an useless Sun Stone

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I will need the last slot for a slave later on anyway so i'll of course drop one of them. Probably Beedrill (the loss of the Swift TM doesn't really hurt, theres a lot of better stuff out there) because Ariados provides better coverage with Dig.

Yeah. And is better all around as well. xD BTW, don't underestimate Leech Life. Trust me, it is a life saver sometimes >_>'

Well, whether Ledian's set is good or not... There are 2 reasons why i prefer it over a pure support Ledian: The first is the aforementioned coverage, and the second is that it would otherwise be a huge pain to train and not really useful outside of boss battles. Of course Ledian's Base 55 Sp.A is anything but impressive, but i'm pretty sure it should be enough to beat Lance's Gyara and the Dragonites.

Hmm... It wouldn't look akward if it was enough for Gyara, considering its quad weakness to elec. But for Dragonites... sure they're quad weak to ice as well, but they are freaking Dragonites. I highly doubt you can rely on Ice Punch only to beat them. But sure, keep it for now. Ice + Thunder gives amazing coverage.

About Scizor's moveset... It doesn't really have many options, i'm considering something like Swords Dance, Return, Agility, Baton Pass. Helpless against Ghosts, Rocks and Steels, but that's what BP is for. I'm pretty sure this will work quite good in combination with Ariados' better movepool, i don't think anyone will like a +6Sludge Bomb or Dig from it.

If you decide not to PokeSav, then yeah, it's a pretty neat moveset. I believe it learns Wing Attack and Metal Claw, you might want to consider those as well. He will learn Slash, but I'd say not use it: its high crit ratio can in fact screw you, since crits ignore stat changes. I saved Scizor for Platinum, can't wait to try that thing there.

On other news, I'll be having a big presentation tomorrow. Which is why I started Emerald now. >_>' In some hours I'll post my progress.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Thanks. My Shuck was level 57, I dunno if he could survive a Charizard's flamethrower.

Mine was only lvl. 50, and survived still in the orange, so I reckon a lvl. 57 could survive even a critical hit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Okay, I'm tired of Pokemoning for today. I got to the Rock-gym city, with two level 11 bug pokemon on my team:

BioHazard, the Dustox
    ~ Tackle
    ~ String Shot
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Confusion

Rachel, the Beautyfly
    ~ Tackle
    ~ String Shot
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Absorb

I'm planning on getting at least 3 more pokes. I don't know if I'll be getting a 6th member or not. In any case, that's it for today.

Years
  • Scizors main role will be BPing boosts to Ariados, so i can't put more than 1 attacking move on it. And Return simply has the highest power, so i'll be going with Return.

Speaking of Scizor, after some massive male Ledian grinding, one hatched egg and a trade which screwed by savefile's real time clock up, i finally have one with Baton Pass. And Light Screen, i never knew Scizor could learn that. So next: more grinding, then: Morty

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Hm. Well, it's one way to use a Scizor. I personally like to attack with him. He has incredibly high attack, and I like to use that. But hey, everything is a great strategy as long as it works for you.

I have more or less my team in mind. I'll be having Beautyfly, Dustox, Armaldo, Ninjask and Volbeat. Volbeat baton passes Sp. Atk raises, while Ninjask baton passes agility + swords dance. I dunno if I should have Nincada or Illumise, but I probably won't. Shedinja will be left for Platinum (where it can do far more).

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    @Mondays suck: I used a Ledian with the two elemental punches quite often while playing my old Silver edition. But of course I had not only bugs in my team, so I don't know how the ladybird will work in your team.

[And you thought about doing a Psychic Monotype Challenge? As I'm the first - and only - one who already did that (at least in this thread) I can tell you that generation 3 will be nearly as easy as generation 1. Of course, there is the dark type, and you are completely helpless against it (neither Abra nor Ralts learn attacks to hurt them unless you get some TMs, and you cannot avoid the fights against trainers with dark pokemon) - but, after I realized that problem, Alakazam allowed me to use my HM slave against Dark Pokemon in the beginning, till my Psychic Pokemon learned something to take them down on their own. And in general: Calm Mind on Gardevoir is just brutal, I can tell you.]

Years

• Team:

Cool Eyes / Butterfree f Lv.28 @ /
    ~ Gust
    ~ Poison Powder
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Confusion
    Butterfree was insanely powerful in HG, here it's pretty meh, but that's a low price for the game not crushing every 5 minutes

Eeek! / Ariados f Lv.30 @ /
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Return
    ~ Leech Life
    ~ Dig
    Whoops, i just see i deleted Night Shade for Return. I should have kept it till Scizor gets Swords Dance.

iWin / Ledian f Lv.30 @ /
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Ice Punch
    Working quite well up to now, only had some problems with Tentacuels

Forry / Pineco m Lv.29 @ Quick Claw
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Protect
    ~ Selfdestruct
    ~ Strength
    Strength because i was too lazy to catch a slave. As soon as i get to Blackthorn, Return>it. Or maybe not, since i'm pretty sure using Selfdestruct doesn't really make happy.

BulletPwnc / Scizor m Lv.32 @ /
    ~ Return
    ~ Agility
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Light Screen
    Ok, of course Scizor has a huge attacking stat, but Scizor's only non-normal moves this set doesn't include are Steel Wing, Metal Claw and maybe some stuff it can only get as a Scyther. And most stuff can just be killed with Return, so i won't always BP boosts to Ariados...

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Emerald update:

I'm before the 3rd gym (after all, ended up playing a bit more). Here's my team so far:

Rachel @ Miracle Seed, level 22
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Morning Sun
    ~ Gust
    ~ Stun Sporte
    Has been kind of a letdown, together with BioHazard. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that its diverse movepool (consiting of both healing, attacking, and support moves) will make up for her poor stats.

BioHazard @ Quick Claw, level 21
    ~ Confusion
    ~ Gust
    ~ Protect
    ~ Poison Sting
    Another letdown. Hopefully, its movepool will also make up for the poor stats. I'll need to think of this team as a whole, because I'm starting to realize that either my team can be synergic and make up for each other's flaws, or I'm pretty much screwed.

Shuriken @ Silk Scarf, level 21
    ~ Scratch
    ~ Fury Cutter
    ~ Screech
    ~ Double Team
    Probably the only one who has suprised me positively. This thing hits hard and fast. In the future, it'll probably be a Swords Dance Baton Passer, though it'll have 2 slots for attacking moves. I won't need to worry about Agility, since its ability make Speed go up by 1 every turn. This way, I can set up my future and last team member, who's gonna hit on the physical side.

Luna and Vibes, levels 14 and 13
    Just got them, so no use posting the moveset until they get on the same level as the others. Nevertheless, I'm thinking of making Vibes a Tail Glow Baton Passer, and having Luna sweep (since her Sp. Attack is higher). Beautifly can also receive the boost, which is nice. Aside from that, I think I'll focus on support, rather than attacking. My Crystal playthrough was tough since I only had one really good pokemon (Bughamut). However, Shellshock, Shuck and Webmaster could still be useful. From what I've seen now, it'll be a lot harder for me to actually make something useful out of these bugs. But only time will tell, it's probably too soon in the game anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Today:

-I beat Erika (By teaching Ice Beam to Aquarius and spaming it)
    -Battled Jacob again. He didn't stand a chance...
    -Beat all the channellers
    -Defeated the ghost of Marowak
    -Beat the rockets
    -Got the Pokeflute
    -Woke up and defeated the Snorlax south of Lavender
    -Got a Super Rod
    -Reached Fushia
    -Got the Gold Teeth and HM 3 Surf
    -Caught Quack (Psyduck) and Final (Slowpoke)
    -Taught everyone not named Fear Surf
    -Trained Quack and Final
    -Gave the Warden his teeth for Strength, Which I taught to Fear

That's all this time

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • Right, so after mulling it over, I decided to do this. The only ROM I'll have to use is Platinum, as I'm deciding to do it with actual games otherwise. ^-^

So, my type will be fire, because I feel like it. So, yeah. I'm playing Red for my R/B/Y run.

-Chose Charmander for my starter, named him Nantre out of random boredom. I discovered Squirtle's eyes look amazingly cute.
    -Because it'll be a while (a very long while) before I get my hands on a second fire Pokémon, I decide I better train up Nantre. I level him to ten at Indigo before fighting Gary for the first time outside of the lab.
    -Lost to Gary. ONE SAND ATTACK MADE ME MISS SIX TIMES. What a pisstake.
    -Did some more grinding (Lv. 10 -> Lv. 12). Spearow's sprite looks weird.
    -Kicked Gary's ass the second time round. For some reason, once Pidgey died, I got all my accuracy back.
    -Sped through Viridian Forest. It's not that hard where everything you fight can be OHKO'd.
    -Pewter City. Went and beat the Jr. Trainer to get Nantre to 15, then backtracked to the PokéMart. This was going to be a hard battle...or so I thought. The only serious damage I received was from Bide - thank you Ember spam and weak Special Rock types! Even better - Nantre evolved into Charmeleon! Only one Potion was used in the battle, too. ¬.¬
    -Sped through to the Mt. Moon PokéCenter, saved.

Nantre / Charmeleon [Lv. 19]

-Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Leer
    Amazingly good with Ember, Nantre can take down practically everything with 1-4 Ember attacks, even pesky rock types. Yay. xP

Years
  • sorry for not updating in like forever.
    anyways, i beat the johto e4!

heres my proof:
    Spoiler:

It was really easy.

I'm not fighting the kanto gym leaders untill i've battled all the trainers in kanto (exept red of course)

Team is same as before but levels are now 45 - 48

Years
  • Lawl, my last post was just my team, not anything about story line progress, whoops... xD I think i posted that after i beat Chuck and headed to Mahagony.

Well, Pryce was easy, but i had some trouble beating Jasmine, but after some grinding i finally managed to beat her. Radio Tower was quite easy, even the Houndoom didn't cause any trouble. After that, i was so close to Swords Dance on Scizor that i just did some additional grinding, so Ariados has now a even more frightening sweeping potential than before =D

Team:

Cool Eyes / Butterfree f Lv.42 @ Miracle Seed
    ~ Gust
    ~ HP Ice
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Psybeam
    Now, with a better Psychic attack in Psybeam and HP Ice (even though the power is low) for coverage, Butterfree's value for my team has increased again, it's no more just for sleep inducing (but that's still my main reason to have it on my team)
    Miracle Seed because i might teach it Giga Drain later on, and to get a free item slot

Eeek! / Ariados f Lv.42 @ /
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Return
    ~ Leech Life
    ~ Dig
    Hits everything except for Aerodactyl for at least neutral damage, so with some passed boosts it gets really powerful

iWin / Ledian f Lv.42 @ /
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Ice Punch
    I wonder what level my other Ledian which is still in daycare might have now...

Forry / Forretress m Lv.42 @ Quick Claw
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Protect
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Strength
    After evolving, it became a lot more useful. Alternatively to sweeping stuff with Ariados i might as well pass Speed and Attack to Forry, to attempt a Rollout sweep. I'll probably try that against Lance since Ariados can't really beat Aerodactyl...

BulletPwnc / Scizor f Lv.42 @ Pink Bow
    ~ Return
    ~ Agility
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Swords Dance
    Lol@Pink Bow, but it boosts Return, so it comes in handy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back