• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Pikachu Challenge

Years
  • So I see alot of Monotype challenges around, but this is the most special, creative, and funnest one of them all! Welcome to the Ultimate Pikachu Challenge! Pika!

So basically, its like any Monotype Challenge, exepct the only Pokemon you can use throuhout the whole game iss Pikachu.So actually this is a Run.

I thought of this idea while looking though my odl games case and coming across Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Version!'

Requirements
    1. A copy of Red, Blue, or Yellow. FireRed and LeafGreen will be accepted here, but for the ultimate experience, I suggest you go with Yellow (only these 5 games are accepted because even though it is rare, Pikachu is catchable in the Viradian forest. But hey, if tehre is Pikachu's early on i other games (ie. trade to other games), then plz post it and i may add it to the list :))

Rules
    1. No hacking or cheating.
    2. When starting your journey in any of the listed games except for Yellow, you will have to play the game using just your starter Pokemon. Then, once you gain access to the first available Pikachu, catch it, then Box ur starter (unless your using it as a HMSlave).
    2.5. You must obtain a Pikachu by the first gym.
    3. HM Slaves are allowed. DO NOT use them in battles and DO NOT level them up (only 2 HM Slaves allowed in party at a time)
    4. The challenge is completed once the Elite Four is defeated (that means the Champion too!)
    5. Pikachu CAN NOT Evolve!

Challengers
    -Cooltrainer_Mike
    -Ozzy
    -Earl1375
    -iDawg
    -
    -

Champions
    -
    -
    -

Please post your progress in thios thread. You MUST post every 3 gyms. If not you are disqualified! But hey, you can post evry trainer you beat for all i care :)

Banner (made by Cooltrainer_Mike)
    Ultimate Pikachu Challenge

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Since this is about the games, it belongs in General Pokemon Gaming. Threads about the games don't belong in Pokemon General~

-Moved-

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Sounds interesting. I'd do it, but I'm not to good with this stuff. Though I will make the banner if you don't mind.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    i would do it if i hadnt have lost yellow and my gameboy, but seems hard, i think you can without a doubt call that the ultimate pikachu challenge, and yes a banner would be nice!

Years
  • *agrees about banner* one again.

BUMP IT UP! I know you all wanna do this!

BTW diagla, you do not need Yellow to play this. U just need any of the Kanto games!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Ultimate Pikachu Challenge

Rawr bannerz.

I shall partake in this also, can't decide whether to use Red/Blue or Yellow. Decisions, decisions...

Years
  • Ultimate Pikachu Challenge

Rawr bannerz.

I shall partake in this also, can't decide whether to use Red/Blue or Yellow. Decisions, decisions...

thanks so much for the banner!

ill add you on the list now! :) ( and to help in your decisions, id choose Yellow :P)

wai a sec, how do i hyperlink it?

Last edited:

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    K I'll join... I can actually guarantee that ill finish by tmrw morning.. is that alright?

Years
  • lol alright! ADDED! (remeber, you have to post ur progress at least every three gyms)

BTw thanks for the awesome bannner!

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    k im starting. Ill be playing all night... But i might have some obstacles, but ill be finished in 1 or 2 days.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Not long started this, going reasonably well so far. Got Pikachu, named it Pika. Lost the first battle against Gary, went and did some training in Viridian Forest, beat the 2nd battle with Gary, trained Pika up to lv 20 and slammed my way past Brock to earn my first badge.

Pikachu / Pika Lv 22
    * Thundershock
    * Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

On my way to Mt. Moon now.

Mt. Moon wasn't much of a challenge, nor was Nugget Bridge/Route 24. Misty's Gym was honestly the easiest and quickest battles i've ever had on a Pokémon game and i've just battled my way through all the trainers on the routes surrounding Vermillion City. Just about to fight my way through the SS Anne so I can get Cut. I'll probably get the Squirtle from Officer Jenny and use it as a HM slave once Surge is out of the way.

Pikachu / Pika Lv 34
    * Thunderbolt
    * Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

Up and onwards to the SS Anne. Fun ahoy.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Surge's Raichu succumbed to Thunder Wave/Body Slam and the third badge was mine with minimal fuss. I caught a Bellsprout to learn it Cut on the way back to Cerulean. Beaten all the trainers on the route towards Rock Tunnel and i'm about to enter said dungeon now. Ugh, I hate Rock Tunnel.

Pikachu / Pika Lv 41
    * Thunderbolt
    * Body Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • ^ I'd honestly have to say it's the best MS Paint Pikachu avatar i've ever seen in this thread. Nice work.

Rock Tunnel was as slow and painful as ever, just thankful I didn't waste my Ethers and Elixers otherwise the Hikers would have worn me down eventually. Got to Celadon, beat Erika pretty easily (Though she did manage to paralyse poor Pika which proved a minor hinderance) and got my 4th badge. Just embarassed "mighty" Team Rocket in the Game Corner and collected the Silph Scope. Happy 50th as well, Pika!

Pikachu / Pika Lv 50
    * Thunderbolt
    * Body Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

I'm thinking of ditching Double Team and learning Pika a TM, preferably another normal-type move that I can use for when Body Slam runs out of PP, any suggestions? I can't think of one time i've used Double Team so it's been a bit pointless really. Going to go smash my way past Lavender Tower now and get the Pokéflute. I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.

Big update! Beat Ghost Tower, got the 'flute, battled my way over the two routes leading down to Fuschia, caught a Pidgey and taught it Fly, flew back up to Saffron and beat Silph Co. Obtained a Lapras which i'm going to use as a Surf slave, flew back down to Fuschia and i've just beaten Koga to get my 5th badge!

Pikachu / Pika Lv 68
    * Thunderbolt
    * Body Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

Still haven't decided on a new move yet so it's the same moveset i've had since Surge for now. Think i'll leave the game there for the night and do the Safari Zone etc tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^ I'd honestly have to say it's the best MS Paint Pikachu avatar i've ever seen in this thread. Nice work.

Rock Tunnel was as slow and painful as ever, just thankful I didn't waste my Ethers and Elixers otherwise the Hikers would have worn me down eventually. Got to Celadon, beat Erika pretty easily (Though she did manage to paralyse poor Pika which proved a minor hinderance) and got my 4th badge. Just embarassed "mighty" Team Rocket in the Game Corner and collected the Silph Scope. Happy 50th as well, Pika!

Pikachu / Pika Lv 50
    * Thunderbolt
    * Body Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

I'm thinking of ditching Double Team and learning Pika a TM, preferably another normal-type move that I can use for when Body Slam runs out of PP, any suggestions? I can't think of one time i've used Double Team so it's been a bit pointless really. Going to go smash my way past Lavender Tower now and get the Pokéflute. I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.

Big update! Beat Ghost Tower, got the 'flute, battled my way over the two routes leading down to Fuschia, caught a Pidgey and taught it Fly, flew back up to Saffron and beat Silph Co. Obtained a Lapras which i'm going to use as a Surf slave, flew back down to Fuschia and i've just beaten Koga to get my 5th badge!

Pikachu / Pika Lv 68
    * Thunderbolt
    * Body Slam
    * Double Team
    * Thunder Wave

Still haven't decided on a new move yet so it's the same moveset i've had since Surge for now. Think i'll leave the game there for the night and do the Safari Zone etc tomorrow.

well...tell me which TMs u have! or just buiy some TMs at that big department store :P i can help with the descision

kk. ive decided to take this challenge as well. Here is my progress so far.

-Restarted my Pokemon Yellow
    -Named trainer Crys
    -Named rival Silv
    -Oak catches Pikachu
    -Crys recives Pikachu, nicknames it Chu-Chu
    -Crys heads off to Viridian City to start his Pokemon journey.
    -stops by at Pokecenter and Pokemart. Recives Oaks Parcel
    -travels back to Pallet Town to give Oak the parcel.
    -Oak recives parcel. Gives Crys and Silv Pokedex's and tells us that he wants us to complete it.
    -Travels back to Virdian, about to go into the the forest (where a kind man shows him how to catch Pokemon) when he gets sidetracked and heads toward the Pokemon League. Chu-Chu still is not content with Crys.
    -Crys meets up with Silv, and the battle. Crys loses, Chu-Chu infuriated.
    -After a long wait a the Pokecenter, Crys desires a rematch, and chllenges Silv
    -The two Poketainers battle. Crys wins. Chu-Chu is impressed with Crys, and has taking a liking to him
    -Crys heads of to the Virdian Forest, onto become a Pokemon Champion with his Chu-Chu right behind him.

Chu-Chu lvl 9
    Thundershock
    Growl
    Tail Whip
    Thunderwave

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I started this morning. Named my self Earl. Got Pikachu, named it Big Chu. Went to Viridian, got parcel, and defeated my rival. Delivered the parcel to Oak. Went through Viridian Forest and leveled Pikachu up to level 17. Destroyed Brock. Got through Mt. Moon with ease. Got through my rival and the nugget bridge. Saw Bill. Went ahead and got Bulbasaur for Cut and Flash. Destroyed Misty. Big Chu was at level 31 when I defeated Misty. Went to Vermillion, and boarded the ship. Destroyed everyone on board and got Cut. Taught it to Bulbasaur. Went to the gym and destroyed Lt. Surge. Is now outside Rock Tunnel.

Big Chu Lv: 43
    Thunderbolt
    Mega Punch
    Body Slam
    Thunder Wave

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • 1:58 pm: Got through Rock Tunnel, and I went to Celadon. Destroyed Team Rocket, and I got the Silph Scope. Defeated Erika with ease. Got back to Lost Tower, and I pretty much blew everyone away with a level 54 Big Chu. Got Pokeflute and caught the Snorlax below Lavender for Strength and Surf. Got rid of the other for experience. Cleared those routes and caught a Pidgey. Stored Snorlax when I could and taught Pidgey Fly. Flew to Fuchsia and defeated Koga with a level 62 Big Chu. Got Strength and Surf. Stored Bulbasaur, got Snorlax out. Taught him those moves. Flew to Saffron and cleared out Silph Co. easily. Destroyed the fighting gym, then Sabrina with a level 71 Big Chu. I went ahead and went to Cinnabar Island. Cleared the Mansion and Blaine's gym with Big Chu at level 78. Did a little more training, and is now saved outside Viridian Gym.

Big Chu Lv. 83
    Thunderbolt
    Body Slam
    Mega Punch
    Thunderwave

7:37 pm: I have destroyed the Viridian Gym Leader Giovanni with my now level 100, but then 86, Big Chu. All his Pokemon fought well, but eventually fell to Mega Punch or Body Slam. Persian got Thunderbolted out of there. I have gotten through Victory Road with no problem. Before that, my rival got a good dosage of butt whupping from me.

I did some massive training in Victory Road, and my Big Chu was level 100. I believed I had done well, and I challenged the Elite Four. Lorelei, destroyed. Bruno took a little effort but was defeated. Agatha's Gengar gave me a few annoyances, but they, and the rest of her Pokemon, fell to Thunderbolt. Lance was effortlessly defeated, and my rival was once again schooled by Big Chu and me.

So throw my name on the champion list. I have done it.

Last edited:
    Back