• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Pokemon Game!

Should There be an Ultimate Pokemon Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoingPokemonCrazy

Bird Pokemon Rule
    Years
    Do you think that Nintendo sohuld make an ultimate pokemon game where you start off in palet town and work your way thorugh all the reigons and collecting gym badges ect ect....
    It would be so cool!
    What do you think?
    Yes or No

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
    I voted maybe, specifically because I could only find this working well in an MMO. In future handheld games, well, it'll never happen. Multiple versions work with handheld games, but they rarely work with MMOs. (City of Heroes/Villains is an exception, I suppose.)

Rezon

Ice Trainer
    Years
    There should have been a choice for hell Yeah xD

That would be amazing but it would have to be for like the wii or it would probably take forever to save or it would lag....alot

Deeje

Pokemon Breeder from Aus
    Years
    It would be cool... provided you could choose which region to start in, and that you have to pull an Ash at the end of each region, leave all your pokes at a lab until league time.

GoingPokemonCrazy

Bird Pokemon Rule
    Years
    I don't think it'd be a good idea, you'd have level 100 Pokemon halfway through the game.

Yes but like what if they made you deposit your pokemon like at the each ending of the reigon. and then you would begin from start but catch higher leveled pokemon depending where you are in the game.
    Then only at the final eliete four you would be able to withdraw them.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I don't think there should, because it would probably get really boring after awhile. All of the regions are kind of the same, and it probably wouldn't be very fun to have to play through basically the same game four times in a row...

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    No. Levels would be too high by the Jotoh region alone.

Unless you were given a fresh start from each region, but why lose the Pokemon that you'd trained already?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It'd be cool, but there should be a massive overhaul of the exp.gain and level-up system to prevent your pokemon from hitting 100 as soon as they usually do.

Personally, I like the idea of losing all your pokemon at the start of a new region to compensate for the level-up problems, but it doesn't bode well with other people. :|

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    maybe not leave all pokemon buthave level restrictions for entering new regions

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    maybe not leave all pokemon buthave level restrictions for entering new regions

That works well too, that way, you can bring over some of your lower-levelled Kanto pokemon to Johto. It would be even better for team-building at the end of the game to get a starter from each region as your first official pokemn for that region.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yeah but think about the crappy speed the game will rule by having sooo much data in the cartridge. Also the price is gonna be HUGE .

Still I say yes . But if it will come come true , what about the name {Pokemon- The Ultimate Challenge} .

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd say it's unlikely to happen - firstly, such a large game would be hard to implement properly (the level problem is just one thing by itself), and furthermore, Nintendo and all get more money by releasing a new region per generation (i.e. every few years), milking each game that sells millions of cpoies, than what they would get making one game with everything in it, which although would garner more sales than another game, would hurt future sales, take far longer to make, and end up being less profitable than what they currently do, I would think.

Not a bad idea in theory, but I don't believe this will every happen, really. (Unless Pokemon starts dying as a franchise and they get desperate to move away from their winning formula that has been effective for over a decade).

MMOs... don't see likely has happening either - leastways in the near future. Nor happening well if it ever happens unless well thought-out and all - after all, the attraction of Pokemon comes from the style it already is, not necessarily how or what a MMO may turn it into.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Of course nintendo is making an ultimate pokemon game right now. Its heart gold and soul silver. So I voted of course.

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
    Of course yes, the game is bigger and last more time :) and you can have all the pokemon ( except some you need invitation like Arceus ).

But i don't think nintendo will do a game like that..thinkin well i don't really think it will be another pokemon after Heart Gold and Soul Silver...pokemon have 13 years?? they are old, and i think the imagination to create more new pokemons are beggining to end :(

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I don't care to well for the idea of an ultimate pokemon game I like the way the games are now.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It would be pretty interesting I guess. It also would be awesome if they had a game where they put all the regions together and you can walk from region to region. Like travel from Kanto ALL the way to Sinnoh.(or fly there if you are smart enough) If this really were to happen it would be best on a PC that way you could play online with other people and chat, and your not isolated in your own world.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    Maybe.

REASONS TO YES

1. the game would sell right off the market (at least now)
    2. you wouldn't have to worry about buying other games to catch the pokemon you need
    3. Almost 200 hours of coastant gameply, will keep PokeGammers busy
    4. Many legends would be availble, and 4/12 starters to worry less about
    5. All new aventures

REASONS TO NO

1. Too many legends to catch in just one game, don't you think?
    2. it could get boring after a while, although i don't think so
    3. if you don't lose flying pokemon, traveling Region to region would be tireing (unless there is some kind of flying cheat code)
    4. Would take too long to make (look at long it takes for a new gen to come out 2 years! imangine how long a game like that would take)
    5. you'd probaly loose all your pokemon when starting a new region
    6. you's also porabily have to play every story before moveing through another one
    7. seeing all 493 current pokemon? Can do, but it's already hard enough with the sinnoh dex, i don't favor that.

Plus heartgold and soulsilver comming out in spring 2010, you can alreadly travel between two regions, i think that is enough.

Anybody agree/dissagree with my point of view?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Maybe if Pokemon ever faced Video Game Armageddon (read: starts to go out of business), but I wouldn't want it until then. Maybe make it all 3d like Pokemon XD is. And raise the level cap to 200 or some such so you can keep leveling up throughout the game.

Royal Squirt

Senior Squirtle
    Years
    The only (slim) chance of this would be the very last Pokemon game ever. A large compilation of every region and some events as a last ditch effort to milk Pokemon for everything it's worth (And then some :P). As much as I'd enjoy it now, I'd be like 50 if they even made it.

Back