• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2019
    got strater dlivered parcle cuaght shadow
    traveled to pewter.
    beat brock curese.went in mt.moon left mt.moon beat nugget bridge
    shadow evoled
    beat misty

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    I would like to take this challenge im a bit bored

Cyndy will do,my faithful cyndaquil,who shall not be evolved

almost forgot,

FR-E-SS-D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Well i guess i found something to do im in il be using the poliwraith path
    il be going from Fire red diamond SS and then Emerald

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2019
    arrvied in vermilon
    beat rivl
    got cut
    beat lt.surge
    beat rock tuunle
    beat rival
    arrived in cleadon
    arrived in safforon got psyhic
    beat erika all ohko

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I'm back!

Vs Will
    Spoiler:

Vs Koga and Bruno
    Spoiler:

This is just the battle against Will. His Psychic tears me up something fierce so the only reason the battle last forever is because I have to wait till he runs out of PP. My god I failed this battle like 5 times due to criticals so this really was the only way to go about it.

The next 2 elite four, Koga and Bruno. Now these two are actually ok. I growth a fair bit against Koga, worried his poison types will resist me too much, but they all fall fast. Bruno, well is just as easy as he was in the previous gen.

I do have the next few videos recorded but I'm a bit busy so They will have to wait but it'll probably be a big update, maybe even covering all of Kanto!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I'm currently in the Victory Road in FireRed, sorry for not updating regularly. Everything up till here has been easy, except for Giovanni. I had killed every of his pokemon but the Nido's. He sent out Nidoqueen. I used Slash, he survived around 5-10 HP, 'Queen used EQ, I was at 156 HP and EQ brought me to 122. I used Slash, he used Hyper Potion. I used Slash again, he used Hyper Potion again. I thought, "I'm pretty lucky that I got no Poison Point till now" Then, I used Slash. Damn you, Poison Point. It poisoned me, and I forgot what Giovanni used. I Aerial Ace'd for the death of Queen. I was at 86 HP and Poisoned. He sent out Nidoking. I used a Pecha Berry, he used Earthquake. I thought I'm dead now. But, Kabutops survived it and was down at 20 HP. Slash OHKO'ed. Phew...

I went west and found Fail there. He failed yet again and I got a flawless victory, as Kabutops took full advantage of his Rock Slide weak team.

Kabutops is level 78 (yay for my highest leveled pokemon in any game), is male, has Battle Armor and a Quiet nature. His moveset is:

~ Slash
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Brick Break.

As I'm just about to face the E4, does someone wanna suggest me a better moveset? I have many TMs lying in my TM case.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I went west and found Fail there. He failed yet again and I got a flawless victory, as Kabutops took full advantage of his Rock Slide weak team.
    Rock slide is the best attack to defeat your rival(i think He's called Fail)I also self discovered that With Mountain my Tyrannitar. Crunch is good in addition because those two attacks are Super effective on whole his team(if he began with Charmander)

Update:
    I defeat Roxanne with OHKO's or 2HKO's so very easy
    Got to Dewford Town but i couldn't defeat Brawly because Mountain is underleveled (Lv. 19) and bite is not very effective on fighting type
    I delivered the letter to Steven (it was easier than i thaught in the dark)
    I got to Slateport City and discovered that i couldn't come further because of team Aqua.
    I defeat everybody and talked to everybody and after that i could come further.
    Got to Wattson and defeat him.
    I was in meteor falls.

Last edited:

kuj

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I'd like to join the solo run thingy. May I use jirachi?? :3
    If so ill do R S E all three games :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • His moveset is:

~ Slash
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Brick Break.

As I'm just about to face the E4, does someone wanna suggest me a better moveset? I have many TMs lying in my TM case.
    Lets see. Loreli is weak to your Rock Slides, Bruno is weak to Brick Break and Aerial Ace, Agatha will be tough, and there's no way around that other than Psychic or Dark Moves (which I don't think Kabutops can learn any, off the top of my head). Lance has Dragons, so if he can learn it, I would teach him Ice Beam. Take off Slash maybe.
    I'd like to join the solo run thingy. May I use jirachi?? :3
    If so ill do R S E all three games :D
    No, you may not use Jirachi, no legendaries allowed. Also, you're not supposed to beat all the games within a generation (like R S E), you're supposed to beat one game in each generation (like FR, C, R, D). If you want to beat R S E, look for the Hoenn Solo Challenge.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Ok then, I'll teach Kabutops Ice Beam, I'll just need to buy it from the Game Corner. As I will need them no longer, I'll sell my huge collection of TMs. Also Kabutops does get a dark move aka Night Slash, but thats just in DPPt.

I hope Kabutops can be my first lv.100

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2013
    This sounds like fun! I'll do Staryu/Starmie in this order: Blue > Crystal > Sapphire > Diamond or Platinum.

EDIT:

-Named self Genesis.
    -Named rival Slick.
    -Got my starter Pokemon, a Bulbasaur. (I randomized)
    -Beat Slick.
    -Went to Viridian City and received a Parcel to give to Oak. Returned home, gave it to Professor Oak, then received the Pokedex.
    -Returned to Viridian City and bought some Pokeballs and Potions.
    -Went to the route west of Viridian City, and used a gameshark code to get Staryu. Caught it at level 4.
    -Grinded Staryu up to level 8.
    -Defeated Slick, but barely. (Yay, potions! Boo, Staryu still only knowing Tackle!)
    -Made it through Viridian Forest and into Pewter City.
    -Grinded Staryu up to level 12, but STILL no new attacks. I went ahead and defeated the trainer in Brock's gym.
    -Currently grinding Staryu to level 17 for Water Gun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Just so I know for later, does anybody know how I can record the Platinum part of the challenge with sound?

Years
  • Must drop out. Can't download anything without getting a virus so I definitely can't download an emulator, or a game for the emulator

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    Looks like a cool challenge. I'll take it up with a Teddiursa. Is it cool if I use Crystal, seeing as I don't have SS/HG?

Edit:

Started my challenge. Named my character RAY and my rival BUB.
    I picked Squirtle as a starter and did the mandatory Fed-Ex quest. As soon as I got my pokeballs I fired up Gameshark and entered a sweet little code.

Ten seconds later I was the proud owner of a level 3 Teddiursa I named Bobo. Teddy has a Careful nature. I could've tried for an Adamant, but I felt the added SP DEF could be useful in a solo run. Moreso than even more power.

Anyway, grinded Bobo up to level 11 when I decided to try and challenge Brock. To be honest, I didn't make it past his guardian trainer...
    So I went back to Viridian Forest and leveled up to 14. I easily took down the trainer this time with a combination of Lick and Fury Swipes.

Brock was interesting to say the least. His stupid Geodude didn't feel like getting paralysed by Bobo's licks so he just kept wailing on the poor teddy. Lucky for Bobo, his berry healed him of almost certain death.

Onix faired a bit easier, he was paralysed fairly quickly and after about a dozen licks and 2 potions he finally went down.

First badge is in the pocket!

Edit 2: Before I turn this game off I thought I'd give you another update:

Made my way through Mt. Moon with relatively few problems. I evaded most of the Geodudes while taking out the Zubats for cheap items (love pickup!). I already have 3 PP UPs, 9 more I can can max my final movest. Pretty handydandy.

Anyway, pounded through Bub (rival)'s team and the nugget bridge without breaking a sweat. Soloing really is easy as long as you don't oppose a Super Effective pokemon. Eventually Bobo learned Faint Attack which meant my problems with Rock types were finally over. I pushed on to Misty and took out her Starmie in a OHKO, Fake Tears+Faint Attack is golden for now.
    The move'll probably not stay in my list, but they'll do.

Here's what Bobo looks like now:

Bobo, male Teddiursa
    Careful Nature

Moves:
    Faint Attack
    Fake Tears
    Lick
    Scratch

Looks more like a Ghost pokemon list than a normal one, eh?

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I'll do this one. I'm gonna start with yellow, move onto crystal, then emerald, then platinum, and maybe black or white if I can get more than one copy or a rom. the latter is highly unlikely though. I'll do dratini.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Quick update:
    I defeat Flannery (very easy)
    I walked to Normans gym, but found out he wouldn't battle me. But why?
    I discovered it when i was looking at one of my posts. I hadn't defeat Brawly!
    I quickly got to mr. Briney. But he wasn't there. He was at Slateport City!
    After a lot of walking i got there and sailed over with Briney.
    I Defeat Brawly (OHKO's only)
    And i defeat Norman (OHKO's or 2HKO's)
    I caught a wingull for surf slave, and discovered it couldn't learn surf(By the way it's named Groudon)
    I caught a Marill (Named it Electrode) and it could learn Surf. Happily :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back