• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiiragi

(׬×)
Years
  • You have got to be kidding!!

Someone reliably informed me today, that the Champion of Hoenn is Steven and he uses Steel type Pokemon.

Please tell me this is untrue, if I struggled against that guy in the third gym, how the hell am I supposed to beat the champion? :(

Don't worry, only 3 of his pokemon are actually steel type, which are Skarmory, Aggron and Metagross.:)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • That's not too bad then.
    Metagross though -_-'

Edit: Battle vs "Daddy"
    This would have included so many pics it would take hours to upload so here's the shortened version
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
  • Metagross isn't too bad, he's half Psychic, so Crunch will do neutral damage to it.

Yup, and EQ would probably OHKO Aggron. Skarmory.. Good luck with that..

I haven't made any progress - I'm a bit sick of the 4th generation, even though I am playing SS First Come First Serve challenge right now.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • You have got to be kidding!!

Someone reliably informed me today, that the Champion of Hoenn is Steven and he uses Steel type Pokemon.

Please tell me this is untrue, if I struggled against that guy in the third gym, how the hell am I supposed to beat the champion? :(

I did it in Emerald. There Wallace is the champion (i wanted some more advantage from the champion) He wasn't easy with Tyrannitar, but luckily i did not do it with Larvitar or pupitar, because then it was ultra effective.

Little update:

I got to celestic town, and defeat the (very easy) Galactic grunt
    I also defeat Fatina (very easy with Dark Pulse)
    I caught a Surf slave (Finneon called Shaymin)
    I am on Iron Island now.

By the way how is koldsned doing? i haven't seen any updates in the last time.

Yay im the one who is number 1 in the challenge :D:):D

Last edited:

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • I am already doing a couple of challenges, but I think I'll start this one using.. wait for it... Kangaskhan!!!

Username: twinsandvikes777 (game name: Shadow)
    Pokemon: Kangaskhan
    Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond

Started on FireRed and picked my adorable Kangaskhan :) named her She-Beast and beat the pants off of my Rival (named Sonic). Beat Brock after tutorial (took a helluva lotta grinding).

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I usually hop on Serebii or something to get movesets figured out. Honestly, I almost have as much fun setting up my teams as I do acutally playing the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I'm falling behind. I have the first gym done. I had trouble with my first rival battle because he kept lowering my attack. And I've been moving house. It's been busy but after my girlfriend leaves on Sunday I'm planning a day with my Bulbasaur and the Sinnoh region :D

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • been working on my run intermittently. Yeah its way too easy. I went through rock tunnel with no problem, even with lack of flash. So I swept all the trainers around lavender and saffron. About to go up against Erika. should be easy, as Meteor now has aerial ace.
    Meteor/lv 41
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Brick Break
    Psychic
    Metal Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I'de do this, but I don't have all the games , thus not allowing me to play all 4 regions. :(

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • I actually have been playing the whole day (except for a vet's appointment for my dog Zeus, luckily he's gonna be fine) and beat the elite four. My final team was

Kangaskhan(She-Beast) lvl 82
    Dizzy Punch
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Bite

Lapras (Lapzilla) lvl. 25
    Surf
    Strength
    Body Slam
    Confuse Ray

Doduo lvl. 21
    Fly
    Peck
    Growl
    Pursuit

Diglett lvl. 22
    Cut
    Dig
    Rock Smash
    Magnitude

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Update:

I got back from Iron Island
    I defeat Byron:

All his Pokémon were easy. All OHKO'ed. Only Bronzor had Levitate, so my Earthquake didn't work on it. It was 2HKO'ed by Rock Slide.

I got to the Library
    There was an earthquake (Maybe Mountain stamping on the ground)
    I did my mission at the lakes (and rescued my silly mates)
    I walked all the way to Snowpoint city or town (no biking in the snow) (i miss my speed button :()
    I defeat Candice with OHKO's only (Rock Slide is super effective)
    I got to the Galactic Warehouse and HQ building
    (Wow Team Galactic is easy!)
    I defeat Cyrus: not this Cyrus: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cyrus_(Johto)#Pok%C3%A9mon

Murkrow: I OHKO'ed it with Rock Slide. (super effective)
    Sneasel: I OHKO'ed it with Rock Slide. (super effective)
    Golbat: I OHKO'ed it with Rock Slide. (super effective)

I didn't want to set the Lake Trio free but else i couldn't warp back to the entrance.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Mountain is now in Lv. 61 Moves: Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Thrash, Earthquake

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • Recently owned Koga. OHKOs with Psychic. And i just got Meteor Mash, my favorite move!
    Yeah. Sorry Im really slow at adding videos...
    Anyways, Meteor is at lv 54. Knows the moves Meteor Mash, Psychic, Brick Break, and Aerial Ace.
    Videos up soon.

EDIT: Just beat Blaine. It should have been hard but i got lucky with a critical hit.
    EDIT2: Just beat Sabrina, OHKOs with Meteor Mash and Psychic on Venomoth.

Videos are here!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • My progress through Heart Gold is slower than I thought.

Name: Kendrix

Log:

I entered Ilex Forest soon after I earned my second gym badge, as it was the only way to get to Goldenrod City. Nothing much happened in there, other than helping this guy catch his two Farfetch'd. For my reward I got the HM for Cut and taught it to Cyndaquil. The forest itself wasn't that hard to navigate, and even though my Togepi hatch and I took a minute or two to teach both him and Cyndaquil head butt, I still got out of the forest in no time at all.

When I reached the Daycare Center, the challenge got a bit easier as Almia relearned how to use Psybeam. I deposited Togepi in the daycare center (just to spite the Kimono Girl, who told me to take it with me) and headed off to Goldenrod City once again.

My journey took an immediate halt once I reached, as I was asked to do so many things. You see people don't forget you that easily when you are famous for beating the Kanto Elite Four with just one pokemon. That along with my sudden appearance in Goldenrod City, made me the perfect person to do the:

=> Clear out the Golden Rod Underground
    => Advertise a Bicycle for a Bike shop
    => Play a few games of Voltorb Flip (just to increase the popularity of it).
    => Take a quiz on the Radio, just to win a Radio card I will never use.

Eventually I managed to sneak off to the Gym, in order to challenge the leader. Knowing about her Miltank and its rare ability to hit ghost types, I give Almia a berry for reducing the effectiveness of Normal Type moves on her. With all my preparations made, I stepped forwards to challenge the leader.

Vs Whitney:

The battle wasn't hard, but it definitely was interesting. Her first pokemon went down rather easily to Almia's Psybeam but then she let out her Miltank and the difficulty ramped up. You see whenever Almia did damage to her foe, the Miltank would heal herself. So I decided to just spam Spite, just like against Falkner, until the PP for Milk Drink ran out. After that all I had to do was use a Super Potion, and Ko her Miltank with Psywave (it took a few, since Whiney used Super Potions like I did).

Right now I'm just going to skip to my second gym battle, because nothing much happened till then (other than defeating Roark for the third time, getting the HM for Surf, learning Pain Split, and seeing Suicune).

Vs Morty:

Everything went down easily except for his Gengar which, for the first time, managed to Ko Almia with his powerful Shadow Ball. It was my fault though, as I was ill prepared for the battle and I forgot how hard it hits. The second battle between the two Ghost types went my way however, as I had tow super effective moves against ghost types.

He managed to hit Almia with Hypnosis early in the battle, rendering her helpless to his barrages of Shadow Balls. I used Super Potions whenever he got Almia health to a less than a half (which happened after every two hits). Eventually Almia got to finish the Gengar off with Psybeam (he had taken some damage earlier thanks to Astonish), and earned me my fourth badge.

I taught Almia Shadow Ball right after the battle as I knew that it would become useful later on.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 35

=>Psybeam
    =>Pain Split
    =>Spite
    => Shadow Ball

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I Biked all the way up to the top of Mt. Coronet (only not in the stupid snow)
    I Defeat the double battle Grunts at the top. Then i defeat the two commanders.
    They were easy and just for fun i KO'ed LilGirl(my rival)'s Munchlax with Earthquake. When they sent out Golbat's i still used Earthquake (not clever), but LilGirl's Heracross was defeated. Then i used Erthquake on LilGirl's Infernape, it was also defeated. Then Mountain used Rock Slide to OHKO both Golbats at once.

Here is the battle against Cyrus:

Honchcrow: OHKO'ed with Rock Slide (super effective)
    Gyarados: OHKO'ed with Rock Slide (super effective)
    Weavile: Was faster than Mountain but still OHKO'ed with Rock Slide (super effective)
    Crobat: Was faster than Mountain but still OHKO'ed with Rock Slide (super effective)

I OHKO'ed Dialga with Eartquake (good EXP.):laugh:

I went to Sunyshore City this time i know it's a city
    Mountain defeated Volkner with Earthquake (only OHKO's)
    I am in Victory Road now.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Mountain Lv. 68 Moves: Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thrash

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back