• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
  • Ultimate Solo Challenge

I love that snowy Screenshot Emoxy :)

-Accidentally forgot Pound, which was my main attack in favor of Minimize, then realized I had Body Slam

Aww, That sucks, I hate when I accidentaly forget a move, minimize is quite usefull though :)

Last edited:

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Okay, I get the HM slaves part, that sounds like a good idea.

Another question: How are you supposed to transfer them to the new games without having them ignore you? (i.e., say my Swampert reaches level 60. I transfer it to Kanto, but how is it supposed to clear Kanto without disobeying me?)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years

Another question: How are you supposed to transfer them to the new games without having them ignore you? (i.e., say my Swampert reaches level 60. I transfer it to Kanto, but how is it supposed to clear Kanto without disobeying me?)

Breed it with a Ditto, Transfer the Egg.

Run around in circles till' the egg hatches

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I'M DONE!!!!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Those are the images which should work but might not cause I'm not sure how to put them in the messages. I have a video of the hall of fame because the two battles have no videos as well they went on for about an hour combined. But whatever. I'll get round to uploading them this evening.

WOO!!!
    Good luck to everybody else to keep going!

Last edited:

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Moar progress:

But question first: Are we supposed to use the SAME pokemon? Or would it be alright to just hack the next game so you can get the base and just fight through with that? Because I'll just hack for more Grimers-imers-imers.

-Owned Giovanni
    -Got all up in the Pokemon tower, smoked Rival, crushed the Marowak ghost
    -Got Poke Flute from Mr. Fuji
    -Utterly destroyed Koga
    -Moved to Saffron, got lost in the portals of Silph Co.
    -Doped up the Rockets, ran out of attack moves against Rival
    -OHKO'd Rival's Blastoise with struggle. Muk was KO'd as well.
    -Rested and I owned Giovanni.
    -Ran through portals and crushed Sabrina.

MUK

Level 68
    HP: 267
    Attack: 201
    Defense: 159
    Speed: 119
    Special: 134

Moves: Minimize, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Sludge [Also: Struggle!]

Blue Version is done for.

I have screens, I'll put them up later, but my low post count doesn't let me post :(

Level 79 MUK

HP: 313
    Attack: 238
    Defense: 188
    Speed: 143
    Special: 160

Moveset: Minimize, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Sludge (And STRUGGLE)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Ok so I got all my videos uploaded.

Spoiler:

Well overall the toughest Gym Leader was Candice with her ice pokemon and then some resistance to grass. Team Galactic was also a pain in the ass as I had no way of hurting Golbats effectively. Cyrus was hard, in fact, any pokemon that knew embargo pretty much screwed me over.

The elite four went missing with corruption as I did them all at once so here's a run down:

Aaron was the hardest battle in the game by far. His bug pokemon had massive immunity to me and his bee queen was just a pain in the ass with her healing and defence. I managed eventually to bring her down but it cost me in Solarbeams.

Bertha(?) was really easily due to weakness and some dual weaknesses too.

Flint was tough in places but I was having a harder time with my move management and having enough left to beat up the other trainers.

The final guy was easy cept for his Bronzong who was a massive pain. I managed to bring him down by making him use his full restore on another pokemon then just chipping away and hoping for a good move choice.

Cynthia was really easy. Most of her pokemon have weakness and the others can be felled by a growthed solarbeam.

So that's it! Thanks for the challenge guys. Maybe I'll do it again... one day lol.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Okay, I'm gonna continue now, Platinum here we go.
    ASTONISH IS NOT A GOOD MOVE TO HAVE AT THE BEGINNING, I SWEAR.

Anyway, my Turtwig lost to Barry (who's a retard)'s Chimchar. GARR.. Edited with Pokesav to make it become a Mawile, Gnawie!!!! :D:D:D

Can I request to put an egg move on myself so that I don't need to fight Shinx until Level 11?
    - Edit: Never mind, I'm level 11.

Hey Emoxy, How did you mange to use Pokesav for platinum, When I open up my savefile it says "wrong file type" Any Idea?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years

If you are playing on an Emulator, then you can use a gameshark cheat to hack in the Pokemon you are using. If you're playing on the actual game, though, then you have to breed it and run around til it hatches.

Also, *HEM HEM* CONGRATULATIONS TO KOLDSNED FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE!

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Putting in another progress check, this time with Silver Version in mind:

-Picked Totodile (HM Slave)
    -Got Mystery Egg and all that jazz
    -Slammed the Rival down
    -Hacked in for Grimer and caught one.
    -Beat Sprout Tower with ease
    -Took the smackdown to the first gymleader (pwnd)
    -Cleaned up Slowpoke well
    -Owned Rival once again
    -Shrugged off Bugsy who is now defeated
    -Got through Ilex Forest, smashed Whitney
    -Beat Sudowoodo
    -Had difficulty with Morty since he kept cursing me, and using dreameater. After some time though, he went down
    -Went through Lighthouse
    -Swam to Cianwood and back to Olivine a few times after miscalculations
    -Crushed Jasmine
    -Destroyed Chuck
    -Nailed Red Gyarados
    -Infiltrated Rocket hideout in Mahogany Town
    -Denied the Rocket Executives victory and laid down on the Electrodes
    -Whooped Pryce
    -Infiltrated Rocket-controlled Radio tower. Go from here.

MUK

Level 50
    HP: 185
    Moves: Minimize, Return, Sludge, Fire Punch
    Attack: 135
    Defense: 110
    Special Attack: 98
    Special Defense: 133
    Speed: 86

EDIT: Btw, myrrhman, could you please switch my Orre region to Platinum? I haven't played that yet, so I think it'd be a nice change of pace. Thank you =)

Years
  • I love that snowy Screenshot Emoxy :)

Thank you :D

Moar progress:

But question first: Are we supposed to use the SAME pokemon? Or would it be alright to just hack the next game so you can get the base and just fight through with that? Because I'll just hack for more Grimers-imers-imers.

I think you're supposed to start over.

Hey Emoxy, How did you mange to use Pokesav for platinum, When I open up my savefile it says "wrong file type" Any Idea?

Get the Platinum version. There's version for DP, Pt, and HGSS.

Also, *HEM HEM* CONGRATULATIONS TO KOLDSNED FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE!

Congrats Koldsned! Crazy shitz.

Gonna continue playing now.. The next update will probably be @ Giratina or even the E4!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ahhh, stuck on May's Grovyle with Marshtomp... Anyone got any ideas?

Nope. You are facing possibly the hardest battle anyone in a solo run will ever have to face. Honestly, I don't know I would do it. Maybe level up to 31 and learn Take Down? That would probably be enough to take it out.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Mission Accomplished, took out May's Grovyle with a crit from Mud Shot. I made an episode of my progress. I'll be editing this post with the video as soon as it's processed. (most likely tomorrow)

Video:

Things covered:

- Pwned May's Grovyle after losing several times
    - Leaving Route 110 for Mauville
    - Arriving in Mauville, obtaining the Bike (Mach)
    - Heading to the Day-Care, giving an articulate assumption
    - Headed over to the gym, OHKO'd Wally's Ralts
    - Went off to train some more.

In the next episode:

> Challenge the Mauville Gym
    > Discover Vertandurf
    > Solve the Rock Tunnel incident
    > Proceed north to Route 111, and to whatever lies there.

Sorry for the abrupt end to this little segment... I had no idea it'd be over 10 minutes. I'll be posting a new episode tomorrow displaying more progress as well. (FYI, my signature will always be updated with my progress, so I don't have to post it every time ;))

As for me, I'm off to bed. You'll hear more from me tomorrow. (or later today, rather.)

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Final update:

I Finally Defeat the Elite 4 Yesterday at 18:49:48 O'clock (Europe) Precisely. I couldn't get on internet so also not pokecommunity :(

Aaron:
    Dustox: OHKO with Rock Slide
    Heracross: 2HKO with Rock Slide
    Vespiquen: OHKO with Rock Slide
    Baeutifly: OHKO with Rock Slide
    Drapion: 2HKO with Rock Slide

Bertha:
    Quagsire: 2HKO with Dark Pulse
    Whishcash: 2HKO with Dark Pulse
    Hippowdon: 2HKO with Dark Pulse
    Golem: OHKO with Earthquake
    Sudowoodo: OHKO with Earthquake

Flint:
    Rapidash: OHKO with Rock Slide
    Lopunny: OHKO with Rock Slide
    Steelix: 2HKO with Dark Pulse
    Drifblim: OHKO with Dark Pulse
    Infernape: 2HKO with Rock Slide

Used a Hyper Potion

Lucian:
    Mr. Mime: OHKO with Dark Pulse
    Girafarig: OHKO with Dark Pulse
    Medicham: 2HKO with Dark Pulse
    Bronzong: 2HKO (and 1 miss) with Dark Pulse
    Alakazam: OHKO (and 1 miss) with Dark Pulse

Used 1 Hyper Potion

Cynthia:
    Spiritomb: 2HKO with Rock Slide (nothing is super effective on it)
    Gastrodon: 2HKO with Rock Slide
    Lucario: KO'ed Mountain and i used a Max Revive. 2HKO'ed with Rock Slide
    Milotic: 2HKO'ed with Rock Slide
    Roserade: Got Mountain on red lives so i used a Hyper Potion. OHKO'ed with Rock Slide
    Garchomp: Should be 3HKO'ed with Dark Pulse but i missed 2 times and Cynthia used a full restore and it had a sitrus berry, so it bacame a 6HKO

Pictures:
    https://img94.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=hpim1159.jpg

Sorry for the very bad quality, but my camera is not the best and im doing it in real

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Wow, 2HKO on Lucario with Rock Slide? Is that possible? I know that Lucario is frail, but hey, it has a 4x resist to Rock :o I also wonder why you used Rock Slide on Gastrodon and why didn't you use Earthquake on Lucario as well as Drapion :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I Finally Defeat the Elite 4 Yesterday at 18:49:48 O'clock (Europe) Precisely. I couldn't get on internet so also not pokecommunity

I'm going to be honest here and say that my last attack hit Cynthia at about 20:08 GMT (According to my last video time stamp) so you were the first one. Congrats! It's definitely good feeling to finally finish it. I thought my Diamond game would never end.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm going to be honest here and say that my last attack hit Cynthia at about 20:08 GMT (According to my last video time stamp) so you were the first one. Congrats! It's definitely good feeling to finally finish it. I thought my Diamond game would never end.

Thanks.
    The game was so slow without my speed button, so i just wanted to finish it so i could begin playing fast games again :D

Wow, 2HKO on Lucario with Rock Slide? Is that possible? I know that Lucario is frail, but hey, it has a 4x resist to Rock :o I also wonder why you used Rock Slide on Gastrodon and why didn't you use Earthquake on Lucario as well as Drapion :P

It can be possible that i didn't use Rock Slide on Lucario. Maybe i just used Dark Pulse? Maybe i am not very good at remebering it?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back