• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Nope. You are facing possibly the hardest battle anyone in a solo run will ever have to face. Honestly, I don't know I would do it. Maybe level up to 31 and learn Take Down? That would probably be enough to take it out.

I like that line, 'possibly the hardest battle anyone in a solo run will ever have to face'.

Dark Pulse is 4x resisted by Lucario.. I guess you used Earthquake and forgot about it, daniehej, haha.

I caught Giratina. Will update maybe tomorrow.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Sorry, No image updates for Platinum or Heart Gold because im actually using my DS for them, You'll have to deal with text updates :P

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I like that line, 'possibly the hardest battle anyone in a solo run will ever have to face'.

Dark Pulse is 4x resisted by Lucario.. I guess you used Earthquake and forgot about it, daniehej, haha.

I caught Giratina. Will update maybe tomorrow.
    I guess there could potentially be harder battles out there, maybe some other Pokemon that is quad weak to a gym leader type early in the game before you get type coverage...

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • I beat the E4 and the champion, and FireRed is finished. I could have done a Nuzlocke, because Meteor never fainted, except when he took recoil from Take down/Struggle as a Beldum. yeah. videos are up soon, the E4 will be a 3 parter, as the fight took 22 minutes.
    On to Sapphire!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Just started Platinum, after testing a few Roms and Save file format's out. I'm just going through the typical boring shiz at the start of the game :P

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Due to the fact that my computer's being a total ass, I'll be showing my progress via posts, no more videos.

- Cleared the Mauville Gym
    - Discovered Vertandurf
    - Headed north to Route 111
    - Beat everyone there
    - Entered the Firey Path, proceeded up Route 111
    - Fought some trainers, Miles is now Level 34
    - Proceeded West on Route 113
    - Discovered Fallabor Town
    - Headed South to Meteor Falls

So I think I'm doing rather well so far. I'll be using some HM slaves to help me get around faster.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • Started Sapphire. blahblahblah, beldum dying from take down recoil, blahblahblah, Roxanne, tough so i used x attack, still took ages, blahblahblah, decided to train around Slateport, and north, to evolve meteor before brawly. did so, and owned brawly with confusion. vids still slow, be patient.

Edit: myrrhman, can you fix the typo in my name? its bothering me.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Game Order: Fire Red > Crystal > Sapphire > Diamond.
    Pokemon: Teddiursa
    I'm going to start in 3.. 2.. 1.. NOW!

My Progress!
    Beat second encouter with Gary at lvl 10
    I beat Brock at lvl 14
    I got the Dome Fosil, and beat Gary in third encouter at lvl 21
    Visited Bill and just beat Misty at lvl 26
    Just got to Vermilion City!
    Teddy is now lvl 27

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I have a question. I really would like to do this challenge with rattata. The problem is I would have to use a cheat for wild ratattas for emerald version when I got to it. Is this ok to do? If it is please sign me up. My game order will be leafgreen-heartgold-emerald-diamond

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Progress Update:

- Took down Team Magma at Mt. Chimney, where Miles evolved into Swampert.
    - Proceeded down the Jagged Path, discovered Lavaridge
    - Healed up, bought some herbs, then beat the gym. Got the go-goggles
    - Headed out for Petalburg
    - Challenged and beat the gym there, received Surf from Wally's parents.
    - Headed back to Mauville, then east to Route 118 - 119
    - Beat a Ranger who complained that I was traveling 'light.' My response was, "No sh*t? Really?"
    - Made my way up the route, then Miles got his Level 41 ass PWNED by a Counter from a Ranger's level 28 Breloom. The second time I faced the ranger, his Breloom's Counter got me down to 3 HP in one blow. That Breloom is a f*ckin detonator. ThenIkilleditinonehitwithsurf. :D
    -

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Okay, Crim here, ran into a little bit of difficulty, since I had to go through all of johto THREE TIMES >_<

been angrily pushing through since my game keeps either freezing or my computer randomly turning off as I beat Blaine. But finally, after about an hour (hasted emulator ftw), I have beat silver version with MUK.

Post count still isn't 15 so no screenshots yeet :(

I'll post them all alongside each other though later.

here he is, MUKky boy

MUK (Female)

Level 81
    307 hitpoints
    Moveset: Minimize, Return, Sludge Bomb, Fire Punch
    Attack: 230
    Defense: 190
    Special Attack: 171
    Special Defense: 227
    Speed: 149

Off to sapphire, then!

Edit: But yes, I have beaten Red.

Last edited:

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Progress so far: (important stuff is in orange, badges are in blue)

- Beat Team Magma at Mt. Chimney, where Miles evolved into Swampert.
    - Headed down from the Jagged Pass to Lavaridge.
    - Bought some herbs
    - Challenged the gym and won, got the Go-Goggles from May.
    - Set back out for Petalburg right away
    - Beat my own dad at the Petalburg Gym, earning me the Balance Badge
    - Got Surf from Wally's Parents
    - Surfed my way over from Mauville to Route 118 - 119
    - Beat a Ranger who complained I was traveling "light." My response: "No sh*t? Really?"
    - Challenged a Ranger on Route 119 with a level 28 Breloom. Miles' level 41 ass got PWNED by its counter. After challenging him again, he got Miles down to 3 HP in ONE blow. Careful, all you Hoenn solorunners; that Breloom is a f*ckin' detonator.
    - Beat some more trainers, reached the Weather Institute.
    - Two guards told me to stay away from the Weather Institute. If I know games correctly, that's a VIP-ticket in.
    - Found a little kid who was separated from his daddy in the upstairs portion of the W.I. because of Team Magma. I decided not to hold back. *uses Surf on everything*
    - Annihilated all the grunts and the admin. (I got a laugh out of the grunt whose pre-battle message was "Hi, we're Team Magma! We appear wherever rare things are found.")
    - Got myself a free Castform. (too bad I don't need it... (Castform solorun, anyone?))
    - Oh #$&%... May.
    - Whoo, that's a relief. I got a 2HKO on her Grovyle with Mud Shot.
    - Received Fly from May... Woohoo! Now to find a flying Pokemon...
    - Stumbled upon Fortree
    - Got the Devon Scope from Steven on Rt. 120
    - Challenged the Gym at Fortree. OHKO'd her Swellow, and her Skarmory & Pelliper were 2HKO's, and Alatria was taken down in 4 turns. Miles went up to Lv. 45, yea! Got myself the Featherbadge.
    - Headed South for Lilycove

I think I'll take a break... Let some more people post. ^^ I vow to have the Hoenn League complete by the END OF THE NIGHT! I'll continue to post more as things progress.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update!!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Iron Head pwnzorftw.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Best screenshot ever in the 2nd picture. This is what amazing no$ can do.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Love the Distortion World.
    Oh, Iron Head knocked out some sense out of the Galactic people.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Cyrus was piece of cake. Giratina.. well.. Had to reset a few times to catch it. Shadow Force does 20 damage to me :D

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Volkner was one of the harder battles; paralysis could well ruin my whole battle.
    - Raichu went down to a Crunch.
    - Luxray went down to 2 Crunches.
    - Magneton had to be Focus Blasted to death.
    - Electivire.. Just hit hard.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

I. HATE. MAGNETONS.
    The 3rd screen shows my PP when I defeated the last trainer of the Victory Road - Rock Slide scored a Critical Hit on the resistant Gabite, so I didn't use a single struggle. Cool ****.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Infernape is seriously a problem, I have no way to kill it. Out of the four types (Ultimate Solo Challenge Ultimate Solo Challenge Ultimate Solo Challenge Ultimate Solo Challenge) that Infernape is weak to, the only type I could learn is Mud-Slap. How powerful!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 84 Mawile
    Mild/Hyper Cutter
    HP 206/Atk 187/Def 157/SpA 144/SpD 104/Spe 131
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Slide
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Iron Head
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Focus Blast

I'm pretty sure I would learn different moves as I progress through the E4 through TMs, most notably Grass Knot, to make my life easier.
    Still need to figure a way to get past that damned Infernape -.-

UPDATE: Yep you saw this coming. No pictures mostly, because it was the 2nd trial run actually.

Aaron: Steel > Bug.
    Rock Slides to everyone, except Drapion, who fell from two Iron Heads.

Taught Ultimate Solo Challenge Grass Knot to Gnawie! replacing Ultimate Solo Challenge Focus Blast.

Bertha: Surprisingly, even with the double weakness, Whiscash didn't get OHKOed. He set up a Sandstorm, however, so it's still ok.
    Gliscor took two Iron Heads before falling.
    Everyone else was an OHKO.

Flint: Infernape took me 5 Hyper Potions to Flare Blitz himself to death, including a critical hit which required a revive on my side.
    Everyone else was OHKOed by Rock Slide.

Lucian: Crunch OHKOes everyone, Alakazam was a problem though, Focus Blast just won't miss, ended up stalling out his PP.
    Gallade fell to two Iron Heads.

Taught Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam to Gnawie! replacing Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Slide.
    Taught Ultimate Solo Challenge Focus Blast to Gnawie! replacing
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch.

Cynthia:

Ultimate Solo Challenge

1 Iron Head flinched Spiritomb to 40%.
    She switched out for Lucario, and Iron Head hit for 30%.
    Aura Sphere HURTS. ~80%. Focus Blast took him down.
    Garchomp next; Earthquake pawned me. Needed a Max Revive here to tank an Earthquake, then retaliate with OHKO Ice Beam.
    Togekiss was the other Max Revive used; I decided to go with Iron Head instead, 2HKOing and tanking an Aura Sphere in the process.
    Milotic fell to 2 Grass Knots.
    She sent out Spiritomb again who gets Iron Headed.
    Roserade was last; need I say more?

Most changes in moveset during the Elite Four ever.

HM Slaves: Psyduck (Surf Strength Rock Smash Waterfall), Staravia (Fly Defog), Rhyhorn (Rock Climb)
    Rhyhorn managed to not die from an Extremespeed by Cynthia's Lucario o.o

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 89 Mawile (3 Rare Candies before Cynthia)
    Mild/Hyper Cutter
    HP 218/Atk 198/Def 166/SpA 152/SpD 110/Spe 139
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Grass Knot
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Iron Head
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Focus Blast

What a versatile moveset! Lol.

Platinum COMPLETED!

Game left: HGSS.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • All right Emoxy! One left! And yeah, I only like versatile Pokemon. That's why Starmie is my favorite, at any given time, it could hit you with Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, Grass Knot, or Signal Beam. What can you do against that?

I have a question. I really would like to do this challenge with rattata. The problem is I would have to use a cheat for wild ratattas for emerald version when I got to it. Is this ok to do? If it is please sign me up. My game order will be leafgreen-heartgold-emerald-diamond
    Yes, find a gameshark code to hack in the Pokemon that you're using. Just don't give it any extra moves or stats or whatever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • All right Emoxy! One left! And yeah, I only like versatile Pokemon. That's why Starmie is my favorite, at any given time, it could hit you with Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, Grass Knot, or Signal Beam. What can you do against that?

The only difference between Starmie and Mawile is, Mawile has 50 Special Attack. WIN! T_T

Not having ground type moves is a problem, and base 50 speed isn't helping; I'm sure Ash's Pikachu will OHKO me with Thunderbolt or something. Gonna start the last version now!
    (Btw myrrhman I'll be doing HG instead!)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Mew beats that, it has more options than Starmie and could learn almost any attack :D. Smeargle beats Mew and could learn any attack except for Chatter :P.

I finally started Johto (i don't want to do my Hoenn Alpha Run atm, idk why), and have defeated Falkner. Kabuto is level 14.

Years
  • He's not named Ash but Red. Ash is a whole other person.

Haha sorry forgot about that.

Mew beats that, it has more options than Starmie and could learn almost any attack :D. Smeargle beats Mew and could learn any attack except for Chatter :P.

I finally started Johto (i don't want to do my Hoenn Alpha Run atm, idk why), and have defeated Falkner. Kabuto is level 14.

Smeargle has erm crap stats.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Mew beats that, it has more options than Starmie and could learn almost any attack :D. Smeargle beats Mew and could learn any attack except for Chatter :P.

For Solo puropses, there is no need to learn many moves apart from stuff like thunderbolt, rock slide, surf, etc. Stuff that hits hard and rather accurately so you don't miss all the time. Your Pokemon's going to be high enough leveled probably, I think most people's problems come from not being super effective on a Pokemon so it doesn't kill it. So yeah, Mew would be nice, but Starmie does get both Surf and Psychic STAB'd, and enough different types to choose from that she'll (yes my starmie is a girl, and I don't care what you say about it being genderless) be okay.

And I know what you mean about Alpha, I finished round one a long time ago, but haven't started on the second wave. Oh well, we have plenty of time to do it.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Updates to come later on tonight, I've not got very far atm because I was watching some guys hilarious let's play for Fatal Frame all of Yesterday :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back