• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Speed run challenge

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
  • Hello PC! I'm here today to present you a challenge, it's about how fast you can be to complete a Pokémon game, up in till you defeat the Elite Four and champion (R/B/Y D/P/Pt FR/LG B/W), Steven (R/S/E) or Red (G/S/C HG/SS).

The Ultimate Speed run challenge!

RULES:
    1. You must choose the Water type starter.
    2. No cheating/hacking Pokémon.
    3. Wipe = Game over.
    4. No speed button for emulator users.

ULTIMATE RULES:
    (Rules 1-4)
    5. Keep all of your Pokémon within 5 levels of each other.
    6. Do not catch any legendaries. Not even the plot ones.

Sign-up form:
    Spoiler:

My sign up form:
    Spoiler:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Champions:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
    Spoiler:

Userbars:
    Spoiler:

I'll add HeartGold, SoulSilver, FireRed, and LeafGreen ones soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I've been looking for something to do on Emerald
    Username - Slash Arena
    Game - Emerald
    Ultimate - No

2 Questions:
    1 - Do we need to update?
    2 - What can i do to prove my time on a cartridge?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Couple of questions:

Why are we supposed to use the Water type starter?
    And is the final time in game time, or real time? More specifically, should I be doing this all in one sitting?

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • 2 Questions:
    1 - Do we need to update?
    2 - What can i do to prove my time on a cartridge?

1. Yes, you need to update.
    2. You can just post the time, and you will be fine.

@myrph: 1.you have to choose the water type starter because it can be challenging in some of the games, like with grass and electric gyms.
    2. No, you don't have to do it in one sitting.
    3. It's game time that you are trying to get the fastest of.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • But, unless you're planning on soloing with the water starter, wouldn't you theoretically have a Pokemon to counter said Gyms?

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • But, unless you're planning on soloing with the water starter, wouldn't you theoretically have a Pokemon to counter said Gyms?

Yes, of course. You will need to catch Pokémon, but if that counter Pokémon faints, then you might have to use another Pokémon, or use your starter, if you want to. But, in Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green, it might take time for you to find a counter...like Diglett or Dugtrio (I would prefer Diglett...) for Lt. Surge, or a fire type for Erika.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Username:murkage
    Game: Emerald
    Ultimate?: yes

how do i post the time i did it in?

also you should change ultimate to advanced and the ultimate be the brutal remakes like shinygold x or Emerald Evolution which ups levels, adds more trainers in gyms, less avoidable trainers, all pokemon rarity downgraded so they are harder to find and they take out the legendaries and are replaced with magikarps.

i did a fire red brutal version and i couldnt beat misty until my 14th try using a ivysaur lolz. they are crazy

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • Username:murkage
    Game: Emerald
    Ultimate?: yes

how do i post the time i did it in?

Welcome to the challenge! By the way, You can just look at your trainer card and there should be the amount of time you spent in-game.

also you should change ultimate to advanced and the ultimate be the brutal remakes like shinygold x or Emerald Evolution which ups levels, adds more trainers in gyms, less avoidable trainers, all pokemon rarity downgraded so they are harder to find and they take out the legendaries and are replaced with magikarps.

i did a fire red brutal version and i couldnt beat misty until my 14th try using a ivysaur lolz. they are crazy

No offense, but I have no idea what you are talking about by "brutal". By the way, I like the way my "ultimate" and "normal-mode" challenge format is, but thanks for the suggestions. I will take suggestions to the way on how to get the challenge guidelines more descriptive, if they aren't good for others.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Welcome to the challenge! By the way, You can just look at your trainer card and there should be the amount of time you spent in-game.

No offense, but I have no idea what you are talking about by "brutal". By the way, I like the way my "ultimate" and "normal-mode" challenge format is, but thanks for the suggestions. I will take suggestions to the way on how to get the challenge guidelines more descriptive, if they aren't good for others.

haha i couldnt think of the word, its not brutal, here is a link to what i am talking about.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264213

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Sorry i'm on hold because i left my DS overseas :/
    But so far:
    First gym beaten using Mudkip
    0:36
    Team:
    [Bob] Marshtomp Lvl. 16
    [Money] Zigzagoon Lvl. 4

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • "Ultimate" is impossible in BW for obvious reasons, can rule 6 be dropped for Reshiram/Zekrom as long as it isn't used? Also, why Water?

Look above for question two, and you can just run away from Zekrom/Reshiram in order for the battle to be over.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Hey, thought this looked fun so I ought to try it.

Username:Jacob
    Game: Black
    Ultimate?: No

I think I'll have fun doing this challenge. Cya!

Back