• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ultra ball glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I was fighting giratina, didn't even get it down to 1/2 HP and threw an ultra ball. It caught it first try. After i've exited the distortion world and reached sendoff spring, I threw an ultra ball at a dusclops and caught that first try without lowering any health.

Is this just luck, or is it because I am carrying a master ball? I have no clue in the slightest. Someone please respond?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Just luck. I've done that myself. Nearly ripped my eyes out to clean them to see if my eye sight had gone wrong...but my eyes are fine :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Lol I was surprised too xD I was gonna use my master ball on Giratina too, just as well :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • This was either pure luck or the Pokeball glitch, since you never mentioned a one shake, it was just pure luck.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • Its called a critical capture :D
    I got one on my Victini the other day :D

It doesnt happen very option, bascially what A critical Capture is, is a masterball effect, One you throw it it instantly captures it, but it is very VERY rare and doesnt happen a lot

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • No. Its CALLED A CRITICAL CAPTURE!

Its. A. CRITICAL. FREAKING. CAPTURE. It does the same thing

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • No. Its CALLED A CRITICAL CAPTURE!

Yes, we know it's called a Critical Capture, jeez' -.-

It wasn't in DPPT as Bluerang said, which I didn't know, so yes, pure luck.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Yep, Critical Captures aren't in D/P/Pt, so as everyone said; it's just pure luck.

I caught my Dialga in a Pokeball, after getting the HP down to half.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I have a different glitch. I was catching Victini and I threw an Ultra Ball at it while it was sleeping. It failed. Then Victini woke up and I accidentally threw a Poke Ball and... it was caught! For almost every catch I made after that, I found out the Poke Ball seems to have a higher chance of catching a pokemon then a Ultra Ball.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have a different glitch. I was catching Victini and I threw an Ultra Ball at it while it was sleeping. It failed. Then Victini woke up and I accidentally threw a Poke Ball and... it was caught! For almost every catch I made after that, I found out the Poke Ball seems to have a higher chance of catching a pokemon then a Ultra Ball.

those are not glitches, that is just pure luck and the Poke Ball thing is all in your head. Those Pokemon have a 0.3% chance of being caught so you still have a chance even with a Poke Ball

:t354:TG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back