• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Umbreon/Espeon in Leaf Green/Fire Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom209

The Voice Inside Your Head
    Years
    I've been out of the Pokemon loop for some time now. The last game I played was the GS/Crystal series. In that series my favorite Pokemon were Umbreon/Espeon which evolve by friendship rating and time of day. I recently bought Leaf Green/Fire Red and plan on getting Umbreon/Espeon. One thing struck me though. When I started the game it didn't ask me to set the time. Because of this, I'm curious as to whether or not LG/FR even has day and night. If not how do I get Umbreon/Espeon.

I read that it's possible to trade Umbreon/Espeon from Pokemon Coliseum. Is there an easier way? Is there a loophole somewhere? I think that there might be but I'd like to get some advice and tips for those of you who have played more than I have. Thanks for any help!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Sorry, but there's no day/night system in FR/LG because apparently, Nintendo wanted to keep it as original as possible. So to get Espeon/Umbreon, you have to trade the Eevee from FR/LG to a R/S/E game because there's time in them. Hope this helps!

maelstrom209

Years
    I think that in order for LG/FR to trade with R/S/E I need to beat the Elite 4 and a few other requirements right? Is that approximately halfway through the game?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    True, but technically, it's a network machine linked to Hoenn. You also need to have the National Dex, which you should have by then. You get it by showing Oak you caught 60+ pokemon, after beating the E4.

maelstrom209

Years
    Is there a strategy guide somewhere on this? I want to get the Evee-lutions as soon as possible. I play mostly Emerald. I need to find out the steps that I need to do in all the games so I reach a point where I can trade between them all. Also, I had an idea about using Game Cube's Pokemon Box to store Pokemon from FR/LG. If I were to store my Evee there, wouldn't that technically allow me to transfer that Evee to any of my other games such as R/S/E? I don't have Pokemon Box so I don't know how it works but if I can use Pokemon Box as a means of transferring stuff from FR/LG, that'd be the easiest way to get Umbreon and Espeon. Any thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back