• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Umbreon in Ubers

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Protect
    - Snatch
    - Wish

not my exact EVs but w/e. I just thought we'd have a discussion on the usefulness (if you believe any) of this in the uber metagame.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    it can work, snatch some CMs/SDs and wish, then bp. With umby's defenses it can survive I'd like to try it.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Hmm, I don't play the Uber metagame. Only very rarely if I feel like making a fun team, but hey, even though I like never do Ubers I should've figured out Umbreon being cool in Ubers.

Also, btw, good EVs IMO. It needs near max Special Defense to take hits from Latias, Latios, Ho-oh, and Kyogre and other special attackers in the Uber metagame, which is few. Cool Umby overall.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    toxic over protect so it can do something if its the last pokemon

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    omg Im in love
    the thing Snatch Light Screen, Reflecct, Safeguard, and Rest.

This
    is
    too
    cool

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    it's better off snatching Softboileds and CMs from random Blisseys if they have the latter at least. I wouldn't advise you doing it vs Lati@ though

Lord Mike

Years
    Well, if Kyogre's out, you might as well Snatch CMs from it or else it will kill you in time. Lati@ don't hit Umby as hard as a double-STAB'd Surf from Kyogre, or maybe even Hydro Pump.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I still vote for more use of Pursuit. Heck with a few Snatched CMs he might do significant damage. Lugia isn't usually an issue since he usually doesn't have WW + CM on the same set.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    ww+cm is standard on any cm lugia set =/

Lord Mike

Years
    A STAB Pursuit on the switch has a BP of 120, which isn't bad, but Umbreon has sucky Special Attack and mainly everything in ubers have pretty decent Special Defense. Pursuit maybe in OU, but it won't do a thing to Kyogre with that Special Defense it has. Even a super effective Pursuit to Lati*s won't make the the opponent go "OMG!"

Pursuit has it uses, but its not best use on Umby. Houndoom's way better at it.

Back