• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Umm hello?

Years
  • I'm allowed to make threads right? o.o I mean, I made a thread on Smogon and they banned me. ._. So um... Hello there... <o<;;

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Smogon are very tight on rules... ¬¬

Of course you are allowed to make threads, as long as you have read and understood the rules for PokéCommunity and for the specific forum you want to post in! Remember that if you're unsure, the moderators are there to help you out, and they can say if it's safe to post your thread idea.

Anyway, hope you have a nicer time here. Welcome to PC!

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! Yeah, Smogon's rules are rather strict.

... Either way, you'll have a better time here. And of course, if you wanted to, VM/PM me whenever!

Years
  • Ohh, okay. Thank you very much. =3 I guess first impressions(smogon nazis) shouldn't be last impressions.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't see how you could get banned from just making one thread. I know smogon are strict, and I don't necessarily like the people there, but I don't think they should be THAT strict.

Anyway~ welcome to the community. :) You'll find that we're not as strict as Smogon, but as long as you follow the rules, you'll be a good asset here, and you wont get banned. Like you did at smogon.

Have a great time here! :D

Years
  • Yeah, I don't see how you could get banned from just making one thread. I know smogon are strict, and I don't necessarily like the people there, but I don't think they should be THAT strict.

Anyway~ welcome to the community. :) You'll find that we're not as strict as Smogon, but as long as you follow the rules, you'll be a good asset here, and you wont get banned. Like you did at smogon.

Have a great time here! :D

lol Thank you. And I think I got banned because I tried making a new moveset for Butterfree but they got mad at me because apparently Dream Eater isn't a viable option on any Pokemon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm allowed to make threads right? o.o I mean, I made a thread on Smogon and they banned me. ._. So um... Hello there... <o<;;

lol Thank you. And I think I got banned because I tried making a new moveset for Butterfree but they got mad at me because apparently Dream Eater isn't a viable option on any Pokemon.

XDD

People at Smogon are really serious about all of their competitive Pokémon-ing. In all honesty, if you don't pay careful attention to their rules and how everything works there, it'd be really easy to miss something and mess up and they'll get frustrated with you, especially if you do indeed suggest something that doesn't make any sense to them. ;o; (also, yeah, Dream Eater isn't very good on many things because there is a Sleep Clause in competitive Pokémon, meaning that once you put one thing to sleep and it switches out, you wasted a moveslot with Dream Eater. :x )

...but my competitive rant aside, welcome to PC! We're significantly more lax with our rules here - though that doesn't mean you can just ignore them! You can find a list of ours here, and in most cases there are also forum-specific rules that you can find in each section. Just make sure you take a look at them before you start posting so you don't get banned like at Smogon! :(

If you have any further questions for the forums (like if you don't know where to post a topic or something) don't be afraid to shoot me down and ask a question. I'm always available to help out. :D; Plus, you can also ask the forum staff (the ones with the bold and colorful names) and they'd more than likely be willing to point you in the right direction, too. Enjoy your time at the forums and hopefully it goes better for you here! XD

Back