• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncommon Favorite Pokemon

Years
    • Seen today
    What are some Pokemon you don't commonly see listed as favorites?

This is not saying there isn't anybody who has them as a favorite. Every Pokemon is probably a favorite to somebody, but some are more uncommon.

I was thinking this with Golbat earlier. I've yet to see Golbat mentioned as a favorite of somebody.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Fits the bill with many middle evolution Pokemon. Remembers beginning and final forms clearly. Forgets the middle child easily. See: Gabite versus Garchomp and Gible, Hakamo-o versus Kommo-o and Jangmo-o, Nuzleaf versus Shiftry and Seedot, and Gurdurr versus Conkeldurr and Timburr. Notes some exceptions, of course (such as Torracat, Dragonair, and Ivysaur).

Bets on Gurdurr being extremely uncommon as a favorite.

Years
  • Serperior used to be my favorite Pokemon before, and I've yet to meet another person who has Serperior as their favorite Pokemon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • A lot of middle stage Pokemon, and Maractus, who people claim is forgotten, of all things. I've always liked Maractus since it existed and don't know why people think it's forgettable.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I see so much hate for Snubble and Slurpuff like they just vibin' let'em be.

Years
  • I see so much hate for Snubble and Slurpuff like they just vibin' let'em be.

These guys are some of my least favorite fairies oops. Though I certainly don't dislike them or anything, there are just others I like more!

Musharna is rarely people's favorite. It's higher up oh my list though, and I think anything based on a tapir is so cool. ❤️

Years
  • hey Simpy Dunsparce :) I like Huntail it's pretty cool looking especially as the tail looks like its own fish :)

Gorebyss is nice too but Huntail is my slight fav out of the two :) both have sweet colors (blue and orange is a great mix and I always love purple and pink mix) and the evolution methods for both is cool :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Years
  • Electivire and Magmortar. I know a lot (ok not a lot, just some :P) of pokemon fans irl and whenever I discuss favorite pokemon in general or specifically gen 4 or even great electric or fire types, I never get a sniff of electivire and magmortar.

both have great designs (imo), and good stats. granted I don't play competitive that much but im sure both aren't that bad.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Phione probably. Everybody seems to like Manaphy, but Phione people often times forget because it doesn't have much going for it, in terms of battling, anyway.
    I feel like Gastrodon is also one of these that most people forget exist or simply don't care about. But I like it a lot. Venomoth is cool, Skarmory is cool, Mismagius and Marshadow, as well.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Phione probably. Everybody seems to like Manaphy, but Phione people often times forget because it doesn't have much going for it, in terms of battling, anyway.
    I feel like Gastrodon is also one of these that most people forget exist or simply don't care about. But I like it a lot. Venomoth is cool, Skarmory is cool, Mismagius and Marshadow, as well.

Tbh, I used Phione, twice, in fact, and loved it. I don't understand the hate. Everyone acts like it's and "unneeded Pokemon" when I've always found it cool and interesting you can only get Manaphy via breeding a Manaphy and Ditto. If Manaphy were of easy access to get in later generations, I'd definitely breed one again to get a Phione, tbh.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • well the pokemon my profile is named after is quite uncommon i would say. I have never seen anyone else with Sawk as their favorite pokemon besides me.

Years
  • Tbh, I used Phione, twice, in fact, and loved it. I don't understand the hate. Everyone acts like it's and "unneeded Pokemon" when I've always found it cool and interesting you can only get Manaphy via breeding a Manaphy and Ditto. If Manaphy were of easy access to get in later generations, I'd definitely breed one again to get a Phione, tbh.

I used it too and loved it! It's super cute <3

well the pokemon my profile is named after is quite uncommon i would say. I have never seen anyone else with Sawk as their favorite pokemon besides me.

Aha yeah I hardly see anyone love Sawk as much as you. definitely a good choice to reply with

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've never seen a soul mention basculin

A lot of middle stage Pokemon, and Maractus, who people claim is forgotten, of all things. I've always liked Maractus since it existed and don't know why people think it's forgettable.

I love maractus!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't seen too many mention nor remember Lumineon. I love its look and cry. Another potential uncommon favorite would be Dragalge. Also love its quirky look and cry!

Years
  • I haven't seen too many mention nor remember Lumineon. I love its look and cry. Another potential uncommon favorite would be Dragalge. Also love its quirky look and cry!

I love Finneon and Lumineon! I knew I wanted one on my Pearl team before I got the game. There's drawings of them made by 10 year old me, along with the rest of the team I wanted - and it's been on the main team for some 11 years now. He's in charge of Surf, Waterfall and Defog and has his own ball capsule. I've seen people call Lumineon forgettable - how?! It's so pretty!

Burmy and relatives is another one I don't see mentioned often, and Burmy is straight up one of my favourites from gen 4! The cloak gimmick, the gender-based split evolutions, being found in honey trees... everything was so cool about them!

Snover! I don't see it praised much, but it's so loveable and its "eeyoo-eeyoo" cry takes me back to my childhood. I used Abomasnow in link battles with a friend and it always came through with the 100% accurate Blizzards.

Lastly, Lanturn! Lanturn's been on my main team in Ruby for like 15 years, starting out as my resident Diver and Waterfaller, and I love it to bits. I used one in the Isle of Armour online tournament and it worked very well for me. Lanturn's HP is huge and it has awesome wide coverage, all it needs is a bit of extra offensive oomph and it rocks.

Last edited:
    Back