• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If that's true then why doesn't Smugleaf2 line up perfectly with the Beta Art? If it was traced or even printed and colored, then the two images should overlap perfectly.

The Red Chain

Not to mention the artwork looks nothing like "official Sugimori" artwork.
    Just basic artwork you'd see in the anime, despite the crappy shade work. D;

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I have no idea where the Rumor thread went so I will post this here.

From this link:
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version

I emphasized the last 4 pokemon names because they were new to us. If anyone knows Japanese, please translate those names to the best of your abilities.
    Too me it is hard to believe this guy considering he only has one karma. Most people just consider this guy an alt trolling which happens all the time on gamefaqs.

Last edited by a moderator:

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    thats not proof! the 'fake' smugleaf drawing should line up perfectly with the artwork under it if it was traced! wow....huurp durrrp!

also the wotter ev2 should have the whiskers in if its head was traced perfectly next to it too :S

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    More hints are adding up to the fact that they are fake more than there are facts of them being real. I know Gamefreak has letdowns for some pokémon designs but this is a disappointment for me. At least they aren't confirmed yet and the game comes out in 13 days. Then we'll be able to know everything without the rumors and unconfirmed things lying around. :)

@ the above: The whiskers don't exactly go outside of the curved face line. So they won't be shown at the little edge of the box.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

thats not proof! the 'fake' smugleaf drawing should line up perfectly with the artwork under it if it was traced! wow....huurp durrrp!
    No, but there certainly has been enough evidence as of now that they are fake, despite them maybe being true. The biggest one that got me was how Wotter3 has two short whiskers and one longer whisker.. and a very short one on the opposite side that should be long. You can't deny the weirdness of that. Angle would not "chop" off that much of his other "long" whisker.

Is anyone really wanting these guys to be real anyway? They are so atrocious. ;x;

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years

No, but there certainly has been enough evidence as of now that they are fake, despite this maybe not being true. Is anyone really wanting these guys to be real anyway?

They are so atrocious. ;x;

They are not 'atrocious"! they're fine (besides the fire dude) if they're not real I am not going to cry bloody murder, but if they are I am not going to throw a fit like so many people are doing on here!

I think they look good, they don't looked traced and they don't look 'atrocious' they look fine. Nosepass and probopass... remember those? now those are 'atrocious'!!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Smugleaf's final evo got the best deal out of them pictures.

I personally think they are fake, as many have said the proof is more leaning towards them being fake then them being real,.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh, I can't wait until these are proven to be real. They have very good designs, well, I don't really like the fire one because it looks like a fighting type BUT the other two are amazing.

PokemonMaster97

"The King Of The Flying Types"
    Years
    I think that the 2nd evo's of the starters are real and the 3rd ones are not. Wotters 3rd evo is to much like dialga in a way that it could be the baby form of it, Smugleafs final evo is cool, but is very different to its 2nd evo and the fire Pig is to much like Magmortar and Ryperior. I think they are pretty Hideous!

Smugleaf 3rd Evo: Grass/Poison OR dragon

Wotter 3rd Evo: Water/Steel OR Ice OR Ground OR Dragon

The fire Pig 3rd Evo: Fire/Fight OR Dark

But I hope they are fake...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I found this image on GameFaqs board:
    Spoiler:

Thank goodness!
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread
    Best evidence I've seen so far. As others have said, more evidence is stacked that seems to be implying the "Fake" status as opposed to the "Real" status regarding these rumor Pokemon... In 11 days time, though, we can finally put all these stupid rumors to rest! I want to verify the genuineness of several of these "rumored" Pokemon, but I also want to wait until the English release of BW to look at all the new Pokemon... *sigh* I don't know what I'm going to do once the Gen V floodgates burst... :cer_confused:

Anyway, the second stages of Wotter/Mijumaru and Tsutarja look OK, but it looks like second-stage starter evos are becoming harder to design each Generation...

EDIT: The Internet's major flaw is becoming more and more apparent: rumors spread like wildfire. :( All of these artists making fake Pokemon right around release date are really getting on my nerves... If these rumor Pokemon are fake, I'm going to be disappointed with a few major Pokemon news sites who can't even bother to verify a darn source... But again, 11 days until the truth is revealed! :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    EDIT: The Internet's major flaw is becoming more and more apparent: rumors spread like wildfire. All of these artists making fake Pokemon right around release date are really getting on my nerves... If these rumor Pokemon are fake, I'm going to be disappointed with a few major Pokemon news sites who can't even bother to verify a darn source... But again, 11 days until the truth is revealed
    It's actually not easy to verify 'sources' as it's a matter of faith and whatnot - although there are many cases in which it is obvious that it's fake, sometimes it's just too hard to tell. Going by the fact that there are unnamed sources that apparently back it up enough for Serebii to mention thme on his site suggest these aren't too likely to be fake...

And who knows, maybe that picture is actually a coloured version of the sketches? Not that likely but certainly a possibility - I wouldn't quite think it's 'busted' imo. But at any rate - every gen when a legit Pokemon is released many shout fake/ugly at it, and vice versa - it's happened before both ways, so as said - a matter of just waiting and seeing.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Oh man, this is getting ridiculous now.

That is quite possibly the most retarded 'proof' I've ever seen.

For starters (lol pun), Smugleaf2 doesn't even line up with the one on the Beta art, which automatically blows any credibility this 'proof' had out of the water.

Also, the artwork might have been drawn from the Beta art purposely for the Anime.

Don't get me wrong, if these starter evos are fake, I'll be happy (providing the actual evos are better). All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh man, this is getting ridiculous now.

That is quite possibly the most retarded 'proof' I've ever seen.

For starters (lol pun), Smugleaf2 doesn't even line up with the one on the Beta art, which automatically blows any credibility this 'proof' had out of the water.

Also, the artwork might have been drawn from the Beta art purposely for the Anime.

Don't get me wrong, if these starter evos are fake, I'll be happy (providing the actual evos are better). All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up.

I was going to say this... I seriously think they are real. Haters are gonna love them when the are fully revealed.

Back