• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    pokemon.com will update as soon as the release data in the USA is out. .co.jp september 18th :P

tomorrow I need to go to school! NOOOOOOO
    Haha I go to school on the 15th :p

So there is a japanese website?

Don't they make updates quicker than the english one?

yes, but that is in Japanese. And it has Flash, so some things are unable to translate...
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Haha I go to school on the 15th :p

damn! unfair!

StyxFTW

Be reckless
    Years
    I go to school in two days :P

On topic. I hope Tsutaja final evo is Grass/Poison. But it looks more like Grass/Flying. It's last evo looks ridiculous imo. I like Mijumaru's and Pokabu's though :D

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Someone wanted to see those .gif images of the starter evolutions.:

I've become more and more convinced that the released evolutions are fake over the course of today, and those .gifs have settled it in my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if a genuined Pokemon employee "leaked" fake images to stir up some hype in the days before release, because whenever the real starter evolutions are revealed, there's going to be a whole lot of interest...

As for the starters' final stats, I think we can tell a few things from the videos. In terms of HP at level 50, Tsutaja has the worst, Mijumaru the middle and Pokabu way out in front with the most HP.

In terms of Defence/Sp.Def, Mijumaru was in one video hit with an electric attack by Shimama, which was also at lv.50. Mijumaru didn't faint despite the super-effectiveness of the attack, suggesting that Mijumaru has high Defence or Special Defence (depending on whether Wild Bolt is Physical or Special - presumably Physical).

On top of this, we can make a few assumptions based on the Pokemon's appearances and possible typings. My guess is Tsutaja will end up as pure Grass and will be very fast with high Special Attack. I think Pokabu will end up as Fire/Ground or Fire/Dark with high HP and Physical Attack, as well as decent Defence/Special Defence and a decent Special Attack. I think he'll have low Speed though, possibly backed up by the fact that his attack, Nitro Charge, raises Speed. I think Mijumaru will end up as Water/Fighting, and he'll be an all-rounder, with his highest stat being Attack and his lowest being Special Defence.

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
    Starter Evoulution Discussion

Did anyone's mind get changed like mine? after i saw the released starter evolutions i went from choosing the grass snake to the sea otter. i mean the other two just look a little off to me. does anyone agree? i would get some pics, but im super lazy. :'[

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Did anyone's mind get changed like mine? after i saw the released starter evolutions i went from choosing the grass snake to the sea otter. i mean the other two just look a little off to me. does anyone agree? i would get some pics, but im super lazy. :'[

Almost everyone knows that those are fake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Unless I'm mistaken, haven't the (real) starter evos never been revealed before the game's actual release, in any generation? From what I've read the only instance of an early evo reveal was with Blaziken.

... I personally don't like the designs of the unconfirmed B/W starter evos at all, and I was pretty much convinced they're fake the moment I saw at them. At any rate, I probably won't mind if they are in fact the real deal. I just... won't evolve my Miju past its second stage. :D;;

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I've noticed a pattern with the new Pokemon. A bunch of them have markings that look like pants.
    Here's the Serebii page.
    Examples would be Pokabu, Yanappu, Zoroark, Victini, and even Zekrom and Reshiram, depending on how hard you're looking. Musharna and Kurumiru are a stretch, but still come close.

It's not important or nothin', but I thought it was funny.

In other news, the final forms for Tsutaja and Mijumaru are too different from the second-stages. I think that's why they look weird to me. The only transitions from bipedal to quadrupedal, or vice-versa in starter Pokemon are Mudkip/Marshtomp and Quilava/Typhlosion. Quilava could feasibly stand on two legs for a bit, and develops into a biped throughout it's evolution line, and Mudkip is a basic "cute" form in the first place. It's strange to see a pokemon that is growing as a biped abruptly change into a quadruped for it's third form. As for Tsutaja's gang, well... the final form is definitely odd. heck, the second, confirmed form is odd. It's arms are stubbier, and I suppose it would make sense that the last form would have no limbs, but it seems gaudy when viewed with the other two. If you'll notice, Tsutaja has a smooth back, and the next one has leaves growing where there were none. And then the gaudy one has no leaves again. Something feels off. I just hope that one's wrong, at least.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    i think that it may be possiple for the 1 evos to be real (well we know smugleaf and wotters are (i dont like these names o.o) the colors are a bit off. but mainly its only the final evo's that are most likley fake. pokabu's middle has a chance i guess :/.
    so middle evos: 2 real / 1 possiple-fake
    final evos: most likley all fake

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    not sure if this has been posted yet but a Smuglord sprite surfaced on 4chan

The Red Chain

not sure if this has been posted yet but a Smuglord sprite surfaced on 4chan

Eh, the sprite is far too well made to actually be in B&W. Like I've said before, B&W's Pokemon sprites sacrificed their quality for motion, and now match in quality with RBY's. That sprite's quality is on par with DPPt's. Blatant failure on the spriter's part. XD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    well I also noticed that someone on the nuzlocke forums has this

as his avatar, and Nuzlocke=4chan same spriter maybe?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Melkor (Pokéxperto) posted this on his twitter. Real or fake?

https://yfrog.com/j7trpp

He also posted that:

-511: Yanappu.

-512: Yanappu Evo, same design but bigger, with an Elvis forelock, more hair and arrogant pose. Also a pure Grass type.

Back