• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Surprisingly, I can't wait either. Mostly to be able to see Pokabu3's face. It was WAY too blurry in the other pics that were shown. Dx

@Kanto_Johto: WHY do you always have to be the one to start something? Can't you just let someone state their opinion without going off on them? Jebus Chrismo... X_X I mean, YOU may be interested in the stats and all that jazz, but not everyone else will be. That's just the way it is.
    I haven't 'started' anything. I've merely questioned your close-minded judgement.

I don't get how you can say 'They've ruined Pokabu's evolution' just because you don't like the artwork. For all we know this Pokemon could be a beast of a battler. And as we all know, battling is the main aspect of any Pokemon game.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Stat values? Movesets? Abilities?

There is a lot more to Pokemon than just looks and typing. Unfortunately, some of you don't seem to understand that.

Mother of God, you have got to be kidding me.

When did any of us say that you don't have a right to an opinion? We didn't. Everyone has a right to an opinion.

There's nothing wrong with a little debate.

Like I said some people actually CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. Not all the movesets have been released, nor values, nor abilities. So what will people judje the pokemon on? Looks obviously. If we see a good looking pokemon we like it, if we think it looks ugly we dont. A lot of people have already picked their pokemon teams purely on the pokemon who they like because other details have not been released.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    just adding something here...
    i am really upset with the way the pig turned out. looks and typing.
    this is the third fire/fighting. and we only have one pure fire starter?
    something is wrong...

Years
    I haven't 'started' anything. I've merely questioned your close-minded judgement.

I don't get how you can say 'They've ****ed up Pokabu's evolution' just because you don't like the artwork. For all we know this Pokemon could be a beast of a battler.

Lmao, this is ridiculous. XD You're really persistent, aren't you?
    I never even used the word ****, for starters. And I don't have to like every Pokemon that's made. There's Pokemon that I absolutely hated in the 4th generation, and I still hate them now. X_X

I also don't care much for the battling style of a Pokemon. Appearance is all I care for (and sometimes the types). And just to let you know, Fighting types are my favorite of all the types in Pokemon. But having the Fighting type being put onto the fire starter for the third time is horrible to me, because I've been picking the fire starter since the 3rd generation (which is the first time the Fighting type was used on the fire starter).

I suggest you calm down and stop mouthing off people who don't agree with your opinion. You like the starter evolutions, I hate the starter evolutions, you care for stats, I don't. So you can play the game and evolve Pokabu or whatever starter you'll choose if you want. Doesn't mean I have to. T_T

Years
    Shut up and listen.

Im going to LOL very hard when the supposed "ugly" Pokemon are ridiculously powerful. Boarbeque at 110 or 120 Att/Def, Miju 3 has base 100+ HP or SpD, Tsutaja3 has 120+ SpA, etc. So nobody will use them if they're ugly? Dumb.

When you judge a Pokemon (ACCURATELY) you base your judgment on ALL THE FACTS, and all the variables involved. (In example- looks, movepool, stats, typing, etc.) You can't cherry pick for things you like and don't like to support your opinion. You need to Include everything in the decision process if you want a logical, respectable opinion.

To make hasty judgments, without all the facts involved, is foolish.

Years
    Im going to LOL very hard when the supposed "ugly" Pokemon are ridiculously powerful. Boarbeque at 110 or 120 Att/Def, Miju 3 has base 100+ HP or SpD, Tsutaja3 has 120+ SpA, etc. So nobody will use them if they're ugly? Dumb.

When you judge a Pokemon (ACCURATELY) you base your judgment on ALL THE FACTS, and all the variables involved. (In example- looks, movepool, stats, typing, etc.) You can't cherry pick for things you like and don't like to support your opinion. Include everything if you want a logical, respectable opinion.

Well then I guess I don't judge Pokemon ACCURATELY then. Sucks for me. :B

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yay? When they were first leaked, you said you disliked the start evos.

Futachimaru grew on me, so yeah.

Anyway guys, stop discussing the starter evolutions here. Do so in the starter discussion thread OR if you really wanna complain about the art, so do in the Ken Sugimori thread.

...And don't argue there, either.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Lmao, this is ridiculous. XD You're really persistent, aren't you?
    I never even used the word ****, for starters. And I don't have to like every Pokemon that's made. There's Pokemon that I absolutely hated in the 4th generation, and I still hate them now. X_X

I also don't care much for the battling style of a Pokemon. Appearance is all I care for (and sometimes the types). And just to let you know, Fighting types are my favorite of all the types in Pokemon. But having the Fighting type being put onto the fire starter for the third time is horrible to me, because I've been picking the fire starter since the 3rd generation (which is the first time the Fighting type was used on the fire starter).

I suggest you calm down and stop mouthing off people who don't agree with your opinion. You like the starter evolutions, I hate the starter evolutions, you care for stats, I don't. So you can play the game and evolve Pokabu or whatever starter you'll choose if you want. Doesn't mean I have to. T_T
    To the bolded: .........What?

You do realise you're on a Pokemon forum right? And battling is the most important aspect of Pokemon games? Yet you're on here claiming you don't care for battling styles?

You confuse me.

When you judge a Pokemon (ACCURATELY) you base your judgment on ALL THE FACTS, and all the variables involved. (In example- looks, movepool, stats, typing, etc.) You can't cherry pick for things you like and don't like to support your opinion. You need to Include everything in the decision process if you want a logical, respectable opinion.

And once again, Live does a better job of explaining the point that I'm also trying to get across.

^ This is probably the most respectable post in the entire debate.

Last edited:
    Years
    To the bolded: .........What?

You do realise you're on a Pokemon forum right? And battling is the most important aspect of the game? Yet you're on here claiming you don't care for battling styles?

You confuse me.

So being on a Pokemon forum means I have to be centered around the battling system? I came here to discuss POKEMON in general. You don't see me posting all over the threads that talk about the stats and all that... other stuff. >.>

But really, just get over it. Forever said for us to stop arguing, so chill out. T_T

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So being on a Pokemon forum means I have to be centered around the battling system? I came here to discuss POKEMON in general. You don't see me posting all over the threads that talk about the stats and all that... other stuff. >.>

But really, just get over it. Forever said for us to stop arguing, so chill out. T_T

Then you really shouldn't have responded to him here.

To get back on track or attempt to:

The Unconfirmed legends. Anyone have any info on them?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well, I was hoping for Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting (with Steel-type capabilities to reference a samurai), and Grass/Dragon (with Psychic-type capabilities) as the starter typings... Just a few more hours before we can confirm the starter evos, along with the bulk of BW being ruined for me as the floodgates of info open... :(

I'm really hoping Mijumaru's rumored final evo gets disproved, though... The other 2 rumored evos are tolerable for the other starters, but Mijumaru's is just odd... (I also wondered why the -pedalism of Pokabu and Mijumaru switched from what was expected. Pokabu's evos were supposed to be quadrupedal and Mijumaru's bipedal... I know it can change between evolutions, but still...

Years
    Then you really shouldn't have responded to him here.

To get back on track or attempt to:

The Unconfirmed legends. Anyone have any info on them?

Thanks for adding your little commentary. I appreciate that. T_T

ANYWAYS, I heard that some people already have their copies of Black/White. So does this mean we'll be getting a bucket load of info, or is this not the right place to ask? ._.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well, I was hoping for Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting (with Steel-type capabilities to reference a samurai), and Grass/Dragon (with Psychic-type capabilities) as the starter typings... Just a few more hours before we can confirm the starter evos, along with the bulk of BW being ruined for me as the floodgates of info open... :(

I'm really hoping Mijumaru's rumored final evo gets disproved, though... The other 2 rumored evos are tolerable for the other starters, but Mijumaru's is just odd... (I also wondered why the -pedalism of Pokabu and Mijumaru switched from what was expected. Pokabu's evos were supposed to be quadrupedal and Mijumaru's bipedal... I know it can change between evolutions, but still...

The types are apparently already confirmed. For the bolded part, No one ever said they were supposed to be.

As for opinion based. I want Tsutaja's Final Evo to change. out of the three, I find that one the least appealing. Rating wise, Miju 8/10, Poku 6/10, Tsuta 2/10.

ANYWAYS, I heard that some people already have their copies of Black/White. So does this mean we'll be getting a bucket load of info, or is this not the right place to ask? ._.

Hopefully within a week or so if someone is capable of cracking it to get all the info from it.

Years
    For the bolded part, No one ever said they were supposed to be.

As for opinion based. I want Tsutaja's Final Evo to change. out of the three, I find that one the least appealing. Rating wise, Miju 8/10, Poku 6/10, Tsuta 2/10.

Well there's a shock... :0
    Seems to me that everyone adores Tsutaja's final evolution, and hates all the others. xD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Futachimaru grew on me, so yeah.

Anyway guys, stop discussing the starter evolutions here. Do so in the starter discussion thread OR if you really wanna complain about the art, so do in the Ken Sugimori thread.

...And don't argue there, either.
    We did go off topic, but I can't see the problem with arguing/debating. It makes for interesting discussion, and it isn't against the rules. We aren't exactly flaming/hating on each other.

As for unconfirmed Pokemon, we're so close to the release of B/W, it's actually gotten harder and harder to discuss them, since most of them have either been confirmed or announced fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sure that might be fine, but when censor bypassing is used and questioning a members understanding of something in a certain way...

B/W regulars just have a habit of going from friendly debating to arguing and flaming.

Umm, on final evolutions... Tsutaaja's looks least right. Pokabu's actually makes sense, while Mijumaru's is... what. Meh, still picking Mijumaru anyway :x Even if the final evos aren't real.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Sure that might be fine, but when censor bypassing is used and questioning a members understanding of something in a certain way...

B/W regulars just have a habit of going from friendly debating to arguing and flaming.

Umm, on final evolutions... Tsutaaja's looks least right. Pokabu's actually makes sense, while Mijumaru's is... what. Meh, still picking Mijumaru anyway :x Even if the final evos aren't real.
    I don't understand? What do you mean by censor bypassing?

I'm almost 100% sure the final evos are real, now that we've seen Pokabu's evo on that page with Aloe in the new Coro Coro scans, which was revealed along with the final stage evos.

Years

After seeing the evolutions, I think Mijumaru might be the best... Well... uhhh... not counting the unicorn-like final evolution. X33 But Futachimaru looks absolutely adorable, but I REALLY miss the orange clown nose it lost once it evolved from Mijumaru... No more clown jokes. D:,

Tsutaja's (OK, I REALLY am confused, so many people spell Tsutaja either: Tsutaaja, Tsutarja or Tsutaja... what's up with that?) second evolution looks very feminine-like, but I really like that about it. It's been a while since we've had an even slightly femmie starter (I guess it ended with Chikorita...). But has anyone payed attention to the disappearance of the yellow ring around its eyes that Tsutaja had? I really liked that. 3:

EDIT: Oh, wait... Shouldn't I be saying this in the Starter Discussion thread...? Sorry, Forever. D:
    Lol, I really suck at obeying the rules... x3

Back