• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[UNCONFIRMED] Wii battling game similar to XD : Gale of Darkness ?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • >Graphics similar to battle Revolution.
    So They don't plan on improving the 3D models?

I was disapointed with BR when I noticed all the models were ripped from Stadium.
    I thought it was lazy.

The models in PBR aren't the same as Stadium. They have more colour and have less "edges" Similar doesn't mean the same. They'll probably just improve the graphics slightly.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Game similar to XD?!? Wii or GC, jk. Ofcoarse Wii :P
    Its about time!

If its not true, then well Ill be really sad and go insane
    If it is, YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DD

If its just PBR2 *didnt 1 just come out a few months ago? <.< o.o) It better have story/adventure (I didnt think graphics suck, ok the pokemon a lil, it was weird. Xd-Col.. was better)

Cant say I'm a huge Mirror B? Fan like the rest of you folks. He was weird but enjoyable I guess. I wonder, is it going to be in Orre again? I loved Orre, one of the best. But if I have to play a 3rd game...

Cant wait to hear more news soon

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • It's interesting to think about the new features that could come with this game. Pokemon XD and Colosseum were, and still are awesome. I play and beat XD and Colosseum once a year. I hope they keep the shadow Pokemon or come up with some other type of criminal bio-terrorist method to take over the world. It would also be nice if it took place in a different region.

Perriechu

Years
  • Has anyone ever seen what the Original battle Revolution was SUPPOSE to look like?
    My friend sent me a link on facebook of a pre-release trailer of the game.
    It looks so much better!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

I don't see why people complain about PBR? It wasn't that bad, well I certainly enjoyed it <;

That video was actually near enough the same? >: There were some tiny differences but not that many to get all the haters lovin' again.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • Not a hater, just a thinker.

I don't see why people complain about PBR? It wasn't that bad, well I certainly enjoyed it <;

That video was actually near enough the same? >: There were some tiny differences but not that many to get all the haters lovin' again.

Oh don't get me wrong.
    I liked PBR. Just I had high hopes for it after XD.
    the reason I posted that video was to show how much better it could have been.

For one the Character models looked a lot more detailed and fluent.
    I really liked how there isn't that awkward moment where the Pokemon gets up after taking a fatal hit, walking back to its original position and falling over.

But the thing that really blew me away was that Hyper beam that Groudon launched. I liked how it destroyed objects in the environment. never has Pokemon seemed so intense for me.

But I guess they could be small details in the perspective of someone who was really happy with the games outcome.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Hm... I'd be happy even if it were like STadium 1 and 2 (different Cups, minigames, and the ability to emulate your game on your console!), I never was a HUGE fan of Colosseum or Gale of Darkness.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Hm... I won't buy a Wii for only one game. But if I had a Wii I'd be looking forward to something like the previous 3D games with a storyline of some kind. I never did play XD Gale of Darkness but I played Colosseum and I fund the story and characters a bit, I dunno, like the designers were trying too hard and it just came off as a bit lame. But I still liked playing it for the 3D battles.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • Has anyone ever seen what the Original battle Revolution was SUPPOSE to look like?
    My friend sent me a link on facebook of a pre-release trailer of the game.
    It looks so much better!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

Wow! The finished version is good to me, but this? I had no idea this existed. This has to be the greatest thing in Pokemon I've ever seen. Someone should email Genius Sonority and tell them this is what we want in the new one, but with the move choosing menu like PBR. Above everything, I hope they also change the HP bars so that the Pokemon's picture is on them like in CD and Colosseum. I'm getting tired of hitting
    エレキブル with thunderbolt during a double battle, when I actually meant to hit カイオーガ . How am I supposed to know who I'm attacking?

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    For one the Character models looked a lot more detailed and fluent.
    I really liked how there isn't that awkward moment where the Pokemon gets up after taking a fatal hit, walking back to its original position and falling over.

But the thing that really blew me away was that Hyper beam that Groudon launched. I liked how it destroyed objects in the environment.
    This, a thousand times. That video just seemed so much more...I dunno, realistic and like they actually tried with it.
    I'd love for this upcoming game to have improved graphics like this.

And if it includes a plot like Colloseum and XD as well as regular battle system like PBR, and includes all the gens, wow, it could be great.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • Above everything, I hope they also change the HP bars so that the Pokemon's picture is on them like in CD and Colosseum. I'm getting tired of hitting
    エレキブル with thunderbolt during a double battle, when I actually meant to hit カイオーガ . How am I supposed to know who I'm attacking?
    ME TOO!
    Its happened a lot to me when I battle one of my friends.(whom received all his Pokemon through trade >.>)
    I have high hopes for this new game (if it's ever released) with the reactions to Black and White and HG/SS.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • You guys didn't mention how the characters were Red and Blue (english Green) in the video! That was cool too.
    I liked the character customization in PBR, though...except that there wasn't enough to choose from. You couldn't really make them look as unique as you wanted.

Perriechu

Years
  • You guys didn't mention how the characters were Red and Blue (english Green) in the video! That was cool too.
    I liked the character customization in PBR, though...except that there wasn't enough to choose from. You couldn't really make them look as unique as you wanted.

Red and Blue/Green are only used when a Ds game is used for battling, you can't customize your trainer to look like them (:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • What? I thought it showed the D/P/P characters when you were using your DS for battles, not Red and Green.
    And I know you couldn't customize your characters to look like them, I was saying that the customization in game didn't have enough to choose from, and all the characters ended up looking just the same as everyone else's, just in different outfits.
    It's like the Matrix!

Perriechu

Years
  • What? I thought it showed the D/P/P characters when you were using your DS for battles, not Red and Green.
    And I know you couldn't customize your characters to look like them, I was saying that the customization in game didn't have enough to choose from, and all the characters ended up looking just the same as everyone else's, just in different outfits.
    It's like the Matrix!

Nope it's only Red and Green.

I was only saying it for people who didn't know, so they wouldn't spend ages trying to figure out how to do it. u.u

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years

• Nope it's only Red and Green.

Uh, actually it is Dawn and Lucas (see link below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HaLA_zGxs

Aaaand back on topic, I also hope they improve the Trainer Customization and maybe let us use them in DS battles. I really hated how it showed all of your Pokémon's moves and such whenever you did multiplayer battles using battle passes.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • Not much news but its still some in-site on the BW thing. The game is said to feature the new 156 Pokemon from BW, and has connectivity with the 2 new games.

Source; http://www.cubed3.com/news/15056

So, I think this is more than a rumor now...

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Battle Revolution was a complete Waste.

But I still play GOD, and Collisiuem!

Back