• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Under age smoking

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    What are your thoughts on under age smoking?

My self i am age 17 now and started smoking when i was 13.I don't think that anyone under 16 should be smoking and i refuse to buy cig's for kids just because i can.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, you want to know my honest opinion? If you started smoking underage with the knowledge that you're not supposed to smoke you probably don't have the mental capacity to remain in the gene pool. In fact, anybody who smokes probably doesn't have the right mentality for a clean gene pool. And to me smoking is overall completely sickening and intolerable. Sue me.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Hm my friends smoke, parents smoke, w.e

I dont think its good to smoke,
    heck I cant even stand the smoke, and the fact that im proud that i cant even smoke right!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I personally don't care if other people smoke, unless it takes over their lives. I myself do not smoke, do not intend to smoke, and do not have a desire to smoke, and that goes for cigarettes and marijuana. My mom smoked cigarettes all throughout my young life, my grandfather got cancer from too much smoking, and my dad is in rehab. I'm not following in any of these steps. As for underage smoking, I think it makes you look quite foolish, especially if you're 13 or younger and you think it makes you look like a badass, cause it doesn't. 13 year olds aren't badass, hate to break it to you.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Oh, you want to know my honest opinion? If you started smoking underage with the knowledge that you're not supposed to smoke you probably don't have the mental capacity to remain in the gene pool. In fact, anybody who smokes probably doesn't have the right mentality for a clean gene pool. And to me smoking is overall completely sickening and intolerable. Sue me.

Pretty much hit the nail right on the head.

Although in my opinion, if you smoke, go for it. Just don't expect me to start.

Morgnarok

Years
    My grandfather died 6 years ago of cancer due to smoking but how i see it is im killing my self and not no one else.If i was to buy kids cigs i would be helpin them kill them selfs.

Morgnarok

Years
    I personally don't care if other people smoke, unless it takes over their lives. I myself do not smoke, do not intend to smoke, and do not have a desire to smoke, and that goes for cigarettes and marijuana. My mom smoked cigarettes all throughout my young life, my grandfather got cancer from too much smoking, and my dad is in rehab. I'm not following in any of these steps. As for underage smoking, I think it makes you look quite foolish, especially if you're 13 or younger and you think it makes you look like a badass, cause it doesn't. 13 year olds aren't badass, hate to break it to you.

Your not breakin anything to me for one im not 13.2nd if i did smoke to make myself look like a badass who would see me...I stay home 24/7.only person who see's me smoke is my grandmother and my dogs if you want to count them.

But please lets get back on topic about underage smoking and what you think about it.

Years
    You guys need different avatars. @_@

What Sydian said. I won't play the old man card and force to to not smoke. But you will have deal with the consequences of your choice down the road. I don't think you want to tango with Cancer.

Years
    I don't care if underage people smoke, but don't do it in my vicinity. I also think it's a poor life decision because the facts about smoking are out there, and they aren't lending themselves to good health. The health problems that ensue far outweigh the benefits, and it also affects those around you with the secondhand smoke you'll be giving off when you smoke.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I usually actually forget there is even an age law for smoking. Most of my friends smoke, and most of them are younger than me. There's even a smoking area at my college and the majority of people there are under 18, but nobody cares. It might as well not be a law because it's not enforced, and only serves as a minor inconvenience when some people get refused a sale.

I have no opinion on smoking, if you want to smoke then just get on with it. Most people know the risks, but there's risks in everything we do in life, and you might as well spend life doing whatever you enjoy and then die young rather than be a drone that lives for a longer amount of time, that's my view. The worst thing about it is how it hurts your cash, imo. But oh well, their cash, their choice. I've never been under pressure to smoke, most of my friends aren't proud of the fact they smoke and they certainly don't do it because they think it's cool. I can't smoke because of my asthma, even if I could I don't think I would though, it just doesn't appeal to me very much really.

You talk as if someone isn't allowed to make a choice for themselves and do what they want, it's their body after all, you're acting as if we're talking about child rape here. I don't think people that say silly things like that really belong in the ~gene pool~, but hey, that's just my opinion. If you're so concerned with health perfection then I advise you get off the computer.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
    Apparently, people think that my appearance makes me look like somewhat of a stoner, although I have never smoked, and have no intention nor desire to smoke.

As for Underage smoking in general, I personally don't enjoy the entire concept. I'm not a fan of kids receiving the bad effects of smoking, such as cancer and such.
    Nor do I want my clothes smelling up because of my friends smoking around me.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Underage smoking is a big no no for me. At the place I used to work, I was the only non smoker in about 12 people, so they'd all be out the back smoking and gosh, it kills me that smoke.

But it's funny, my mum works part-time in a cigarette shop and I see kids from my school buying from her all the time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If they want to waste their money and their health then so be it. As long as it's not hurting anyone outside themselves(second hand smoke) then go for it. I personally never had any desire to smoke, due in large part to me having asthma, and my grandmother contracting lung cancer and dieing from it a few years back.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Your not breakin anything to me for one im not 13.2nd if i did smoke to make myself look like a badass who would see me...I stay home 24/7.only person who see's me smoke is my grandmother and my dogs if you want to count them.

But please lets get back on topic about underage smoking and what you think about it.

It wasn't a personal attack, please don't take what I said the wrong way. Besides, I'm not psychic, so I don't know where you smoke. I was referring to what I see where I live, so please don't take it that I was talking to/about you specifically. And I was on topic.

Apparently, people think that my appearance makes me look like somewhat of a stoner, although I have never smoked, and have no intention nor desire to smoke.

I had that problem when I used to wear a lot of black. :/

I don't care if underage people smoke, but don't do it in my vicinity. I also think it's a poor life decision because the facts about smoking are out there, and they aren't lending themselves to good health. The health problems that ensue far outweigh the benefits, and it also affects those around you with the secondhand smoke you'll be giving off when you smoke.

That being said, I don't think younger people look at the big picture with this stuff. They don't think about the future outcome of their present choices. And in turns, it can lead to some horrible things.

Morgnarok

Years
    At my age i understand that i will get cancer but its not like after smoking a few years your going to be getting cancer and dieing.My grandfather lived to be 59 and he smoked since he was 12.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Isn't it like random chance of getting cancer, or am I missing something? Can't you get it even if you've only smoked once?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    At my age i understand that i will get cancer but its not like after smoking a few years your going to be getting cancer and dieing.My grandfather lived to be 59 and he smoked since he was 12.
    You make it sound like it's absolute that you will get cancer. Or at least how I read it. My grandfather has been smoking for 50 years and has no cancer some how.Yeah but with today's average age of death is at 60+ in most developed nations, so that is really not that great.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

I'd personally have to agree. I immediately feel the effects of smoking from second hand smoke. If someone is smoking like even 8-9 feet away from me or in another room or had a cig in the car 2 hours before I get in, I can still feel it. It makes my eyes water, makes me cough, and sometimes makes me throw up.

So just because it affects me way worse than it affects most people, it doesn't stop the fact that it's harmful. Why would anyone let alone young children want to specifically harm themselves? The knowledge about smoking is everywhere. I don't think it should be ignored.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I cannot stand smokers, whether they be Underage or the right age, I damn right hate it D:

There's a subway near my school that your forced to walk through; all the stupid children go their to smoke and its just ... bleh >.> As an Asthma sufferer you can see why it's annoying D;

Basically everyone in my family who is 18-50 smokes :/ My mum wants to quit, but then she'll be stressed and end up killing someone, same with my sister ;___;

I can't wait to get away from all the horrible substance D:<

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years

Agreed. F. Scott Fitzgerald, Mark Twain, Albert Einstein, Oscar Wilde and Kurt Vonnegut were sickeningly stupid people. They weren't nearly as intelligent as you, right?

I enjoy a Black & Mild every once in a while, but I don't smoke much. I don't think it's a good habit to pick up, but it doesn't make you a bad person or a moron.

Last edited:
    Back