• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Under leveled Evolutions

Electricz

Sevipers number one fan
Years
  • On G/S you could catch pokemons evolution before they should have evolved like you could catch lvl 20 Tentacruels and lvl 16 Persians and Falkners Pidgeotto was lvl 9 so do you think they have sorted out that problem and do you think you can catch under leveled pokemon on HG/SS?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    What about lance's underleveled dragonites.
    Clearly the NPCs in G/S was acquainted with the Action Replay device.

Years
  • Given that you can find level 4 Staravia and Bibarel in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, I'd guess the developers aren't too concerned with complete accuracy.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Given that you can find level 4 Staravia and Bibarel in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, I'd guess the developers aren't too concerned with complete accuracy.
    And Lv100 magikarp, which is basically saying **** you, magikarp.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think the underleveled Pokémon matter much to GameFreak, just that they portray a strong looking Pokémon for the Gym or Elite. Over time, if a rematch is allowed then the possibility of the levels will change as well along with the Pokémon evolution.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I don't think the underleveled Pokémon matter much to GameFreak, just that they portray a strong looking Pokémon for the Gym or Elite. Over time, if a rematch is allowed then the possibility of the levels will change as well along with the Pokémon evolution.
    If such thing can happen in this remake, the Gyms better be stronger the next time I get there. D8

Ayselipera

Perhaps they'll change some of the under leveled evolutions, but I'm not sure how much. I really don't see it as a big deal. If anything it makes the game easier for the player since they won't have to raise pokemon as much to complete the pokedex.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's hard to say if they'll change the levels or even some of the Pokémon on the Gym Leader's team though because in FRLG nothing had changed for the Gyms there much at all.

Years
  • Like in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal you have high level Kanto Gym Leaders I think in HG/SS they should be lower and you can only use Pokémon you get or catch in Kanto by getting a new starter from Oak because what I say is how did Red and Blue defeat them if they are that high in level.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • yeah im pretty sure it'll be all the same besides the lvl 100 magikarp or lvl 10 dragonairs. they better keep the gym leaders pokemon the same though because beating that lvl 9 pidgeotto made my cyndaquil evolve :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really would like them to bring the levels up though, because I know I'm going to end up training too high in levels on my team for no reason.

Back