• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNDERGROUND: The Kanto Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • ɗɑʏ øɴɛ

It wasn't the loud honking, the sound of people talking, or the energetic sounds of Pokemon battling that woke Nel up. It was the fact that she could breathe in the air once again. Her eyes opened slowly, and it took her less than a second to realize she was on dry concrete. She then tilted her head to the side and noticed the abundance of people walking around. Her mind found it hard to register her situation. She had been traveling to Unova via ship. A storm hit and Nel was knocked into the water. The last thing she remembered was descending further down into the depths of the ocean before closing her eyes. Did I...really live through all that? She wondered as she picked herself up the ground. No sooner was she up did she see a person heading right in her direction.

"Hey, mister, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm right here!" Nel shouted at the stranger. But his dull expression didn't change whatsoever. It was as if he hadn't heard Nel at all. What came next was a real shock. The man proceeded to walk through the girl as if he were a ghost. But...Nel couldn't feel anything. Maybe it was a projection? No, that couldn't be the case. So if he was neither a projection or a ghost, then an illusion? Nel quickly deduced that wasn't the case either. She hadn't the foggiest idea at this point.

That's when her location hit her. She was in Saffron. Nel knew the city well, as she had lived nearby all her life. She remembered her father going to work there each day while her mother commuted to Celadon. And... There was someone else, but Nel couldn't remember. The feeling was a nagging one, though, so she figured it was someone important. She took a few steps forward, and something fell out of her pocket almost immediately. It was a plush Growlithe. Strangely enough, though, Nel couldn't remember how she came to own the Growlithe. She remembered everything from its name ("Millie") to the fact that it was one of her favorite plushies, but not how she received it. Nonetheless, its design was flawless, and Nel had to know where it was made.

"Hey, does anyone know where these plushies are manufactured?" Nel shouted, holding the Growlithe plushie up in plain sight. But no response came. More and more people passed through Nel, none of them seeming to realize they were doing so or that there was even anyone around. Nel was about to call out again when she heard her phone ring. It wasn't a normal call, though, but a text message (she had set different ringtones to distinguish between the type of message she'd receive). For some reason, it had ended up on the ground where she had been a few moments ago. But as she last recalled, it was in her backpack, which was separated from her when the storm hit. Such a strange day... She picked up the phone and looked at the message.

Make the invisible plain to see. 2 hours.

Nel stared blankly at the message. But her motionless stare turned into one of pain as she felt a shock on her hand. That look soon formed one of horror as she looked down to see the clock now ticking on her hand. It was counting down. And down. And down. Wh... What the hell is up with this crazy mail?! Nel slammed her phone on the ground as if to make the timer go away, but that didn't help. She picked up the phone, realizing it hadn't gotten damaged in any way.

"This... Is this a nightmare?" She looked at her hand again, then at her phone. The strange message and ever present timer confirmed her fears. Think, Nel, think. Why am I here? Who the hell's responsible for all this? Why can't I remember where Millie came from? She put her hands to her head and cried out in anguish.

From that pain, more of her memories returned.

She had likely been unconscious at the time. Something had given her questions to answer, and she answered them without a second thought. It was then that she was given what looked like pins of some sort, three with a Pokemon on them and a black one with the outline of a Poke Ball. But Nel thought it had only been a dream, that it was her final dream before dying. That didn't seem to be the case anymore. She held up a Chansey pin and examined it carefully.

"What does it do, I wonder..." No sooner had the words left her mouth did Nel hear the sound of a Pidgey furiously chirping around something. She spun around, expecting to see the dumb birds arguing over some food somebody had dropped. But what she saw instead was a Pidgey-like creature with two-dimensional wings. The wings almost seemed to be tattoo-esque. What's more, the "food" Nel had expected to see was instead a young man. He looked like he couldn't move at all. To make matters worse, the "Pidgey" was attacking him, despite being completely defenseless. This...did not slide with Nel.

"Hey, you stupid bird...thing, over here!" she called out, hoping to get the bird's attention. The Pidgey stopped mid-swoop and turned to face Nel. That probably wasn't such a good idea, was it. She held Millie up to her face, as if the plushie would act as a decent shield. Nel had a feeling it wouldn't, though.

"Time for Plan B." Using what little strength she had, Nel flung Millie at the Pidgey. The "attack" seemed to daze it, giving Nel enough time to approach the male. If he could see the creature, then he had to be able to see Nel, right?

"Hey, you all right?" She held out the hand that was lacking a timer. This...is all too strange. But it's real, right? Nel looked over at the Pidgey, who seemed to be recovering from the sudden attack. Millie was on the ground, unharmed (to Nel's relief), but she wasn't sure how much longer she could stay alive, the way things were going...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Day // O N E

"Uh, I actually think that it might not be us. I mean, whatever "game" we're playing, the game creator or whatever probably doesn't want us interacting with people... but maybe it's making those creatures... no, those can't be it either. Well, maybe not making them plain to see to regular people... um, well, let's see what else these pins can do, and then we might figure out what exactly we need to make plain to see."

Gloria sighed at the fact that each of hers, and her partner's ideas were jumping up all other the place. Then, Gloria paced a bit, aimlessly, until...she jumped. "O.M.G! ZORYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--OH WAIT, YOU'RE RIGHT HERE!!" Gloria called excitingly as she hopped, skipped, and jumped all the way to Zorya. "I-I UNDERSTAND NOW! IT WAS THAT COMMERCIAL! THAT ADVERTISEMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS GARBAGE! Well Zorya, first, you know about Silph Co, right? Following me so far? Now, POP QUIZ-- URGH! I'M BORED TALKING -- JUST FOLLOW ME! THE FANS ARE WAITING!!"
    She then stumbled over, and fell on her face as she was trying to rush to recklessly. Very Bad indeed.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City
    Silph Scopin' the ideas

-----

"O.M.G! ZORYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--OH WAIT, YOU'RE RIGHT HERE!!"Gloria called excitingly. "I-I UNDERSTAND NOW! IT WAS THAT COMMERCIAL! THAT ADVERTISEMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS GARBAGE! Well Zorya, first, you know about Silph Co, right? Following me so far? Now, POP QUIZ-- URGH! I'M BORED TALKING -- JUST FOLLOW ME! THE FANS ARE WAITING!!" Gloria then tripped as she tried to rush away.

I walked over to her as she got back to her feet. "Oh, you mean... the Silph Scope or whatever? Making invisible things like Kecleon visible? I've also heard that it makes ghosts visible... at least, apparently it did once in Lavender Town." I was a bit excited for a moment, thinking we might have solved the puzzle. "But, wait... how would we get one? I mean, WHERE could we get one? It's not like we can stroll right into Silph Co. or something and just grab a Silph Scope. We're invisible, and I don't even know if we can interact with the living world like that or anything...," Okay, now I was just confusing myself. I decided to follow whatever crazy plan that Gloria had.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E
    <<Theme>>

"Don't sweat the small stuff!" Gloria replied as she and Zorya both arrived outside. It was definitely Saffron City alright; he people buzzing around to catch a train to work, the people who were lining up to go to the gym, even the Silph Co. building can be seen in sight. "I dunno where we would get it eaither, but trust me -- Silph Co. is our only lead to the Silph Scope. Remember that laaaaame Silph Co commercial months ago when they introduced that lame product? Well, I JUST HAD A BRAINSTORM REMEMBERING THIS, BECAUSE AT FIRST I WAS LIKE DUUUUUDE I'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE! Then I was like: duuuuuude, NO WAY! And then I was like: duuuuuuude, YEAH, WAY! I remember watching that Silph Co. commercial just before my band had practice, in which, that Silph Scope commercial was like: Make the invisible plain to see! But one and one together, and viola! You've got your clue solved!"

Of course, the Silph Co. building was the largest, and most profitable technological company in Kanto. Having products that no one as ever dreamed of before. Gloria wasn't always the one that was the biggest fan of Silph Co, however, because they weren't exactly a music industry. She was always the type to just go with her own flow of things, having things that interested her.
    "Have you always liked Silph Co.?" Gloria asked. "Because...meh. I saw better things in Vermillion. Not a fan. I do remember they had an electric guitar once, but it sounded like a...like a siamese transvestite hawkgirl; I'm not sure how to describe it. Bottom line? IT SUCKED. "

Nakuzami

Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City
    The invisible; seen

-----

"Don't sweat the small stuff!" Gloria replied. It was kind of hard not to when our lives could depend on it. "I dunno where we would get it eaither, but trust me -- Silph Co. is our only lead to the Silph Scope. Remember that laaaaame Silph Co commercial months ago when they introduced that lame product? Well, I JUST HAD A BRAINSTORM REMEMBERING THIS, BECAUSE AT FIRST I WAS LIKE DUUUUUDE I'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE! Then I was like: duuuuuude, NO WAY! And then I was like: duuuuuuude, YEAH, WAY! I remember watching that Silph Co. commercial just before my band had practice, in which, that Silph Scope commercial was like: Make the invisible plain to see! But one and one together, and viola! You've got your clue solved!"

"Have you always liked Silph Co.?" Gloria asked, "Because...meh. I saw better things in Vermillion. Not a fan. I do remember they had an electric guitar once, but it sounded like a...like a siamese transvestite hawkgirl; I'm not sure how to describe it. Bottom line? IT SUCKED. "

"Um... not quite sure there, actually. I probably use things produced by them more often than I think, but then again, all of us probably do. Even you. I'm kind of nuetral on where I stand about completely loving the company though...," I almost flinched at the word; love. It made me think of... things that didn't need to be clouding my judgement while I was fighting for my life. "Well, here we are." I said as we arrived at the Silph Co. building. I walked towards the building and inside. That's when the clerk or whatever at the desk spoke;

"Hello, may I help you?" She could see us...?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The impact that was supposed to come, never came. Sitting there, braced for the bruise of his lifetime, Arron slowly let himself peer out from behind his make-shift shield and realized the pidgey's place, there was a little girl with grassy green hair and a stuffed animal laying motionless on the pavement a few feet away. Arron Hale had just been saved by a freakin' runt with a toy! He flushed in embarrassment, both offended at her outstretched hand and the fact that he'd looked severely uncool just moments earlier. "Do I LOOK alright?!" He snapped sharply, glaring into her eyes, "I'm sittin' on the ground with a rabid pidgey attackin' me in broad daylight and not one person in the freakin' vicinity gives a flying aipom! Oh yeah, I'm alright!" Arron made a half hearted effort to scoot around the girl, finding that his weight and increased distance from the wheelchair were not conducive to his attempts. Giving up on the idea of a graceful escape from his mortified pride, he instead whirled back to the girl, opening his mouth to let out another stream of displeased insults and complaints. However, he suddenly seemed to see the kid in a new light, as he'd just realized one very important factor.

"You can see me?!" Ever slow on the uptake, Arron scooted back towards her, "Fan-freakin'-tastic! Listen, I got a plan, but ya gotta help me out, so I'm not crawlin' around on the ground like a useless caterpie!" He reached out to take her hand, hoping she could help pull him over to the infernal contraption on the other side of the street-- but upon feeling the size difference in their hands alone, he realized that asking a little girl like her to drag him over to the wheelchair was probably not the best course of action—

Beep beep beep!

Arron released the girl's hand, reaching into his jacket pocket. What now!? "I ain't exactly loungin' in the pokecenter over here!" He yelled at the device, flipping it open nonetheless.

Confirming pact…

Ok, now this was just getting bizarre— The cellphone flashed, beeping at it's owner once more as Arron angrily mashed down on the "OK" button to open the new message. "Now what?!"

Pact confirmed!

…. Wha—Arron jumped in surprise, or, as much as he could without sensation in his lower body. Lights erupted, flashing and all the what not around them. This was weirder than weird. This—this had to be some kind of bizarre dream or something. But even if it was, Arron wasn't going to sit here in his dream world and let some mutant pidgey take him down!

Still gaping at the weird light show, he quickly came to notice the pidgey was now back. Shaking his head he snarled, "Forget it—" Arron shoved the cellphone back into his pocket, looking back at Nel, "Change in plans, grab that wheelchair—over there, and I'll get into it myself! As long as I'm not flailin' like a pansy down here, I can send that pidgey into next week!"

The beast in question shook it's head, a fast, twitching movement to recollect it's senses after being hit with the plush. As it jerked it's gaze back and forth, it finally let it's gaze rest on it's prey.

Arron grabbed the hem of the girl's jacket, pushing her over towards the wheelchair, commanding her urgently, "Hurry up!!"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Sabrina

Saffron City was her city. Sabrina could never imagine owning a more perfect city. Others would protest that nobody owned a city, but it was technically true. She was the city's Gym Leader. She controlled the influx of trainers and the main source of funding of the city. If she decided to take a vacation (like she would), the entire city would crumble. The only other source of money was Silph Co., and the last breakthrough they made was years ago; the Silph Scope. What a useless invention. To see ghosts? Please, everybody can see ghosts. It's a question of if the ghosts wanted you to see them.

"Still daydreamin', missy?" came an annoying drawl from her left. "You'll blow a fuse thinkin' too much." Sabrina shot a look at the man.

"I am not a child, Matis, and you will not treat me like one," Sabrina crossed her arms and leant back against her gym. "You will respect me."

"Don't call me that," he growled back at her. Sabrina gave a triumphant smirk. Hardly anyone knew of Lt. Surge's real name. And less than that actually knew what it actually was. It gave Sabrina the utmost satisfaction to know she had a upper hand towards the Lieutenant. And he had nothing but "Aren't you meant to be workin'?"

"Aren't you?" she snapped back. "Why are you even on duty today?"

"Gee-Em's rules," Surge shrugged. Sabrina knew he was a useless dolt. He always got the bare minimum of points. He was lazy, arrogant and the worst reaper on the team. Sabrina could pick ten thousand better candidates, but the Composer had to pick him. "I was enjoyin' my holiday."

"Well, go be annoying somewhere else. I have work to do. I'm close to promotion and I'm not letting an intelligent ape ruin it for me," Sabrina huffed, folding her wings back behind her. "This week is my week."

"Whatever you reckon, kid," Surge sighed heavily and strode off, his wings lazily hanging beside him. The wings were a sign of a reaper and were meant to be held proudly, not hung limp like a dead animal. What an annoying, selfish, unnecessary waste of space he was. Sabrina needed all the points she could. She could almost taste the promotion. She already was in the officer's good books, all she needed now was to get the points and persuade the Conductor and the Composer. Shouldn't be too hard for someone with Sabrina's... talents.

DAY 1; Rose (Silph Co. Employee)

"Hello, may I help you?" Rose looked up brightly at the new customers. "Here is a list of items we have on sale..."

¥300
    silph_scope.png
    Silph Scope - A scope that makes supposedly unseeable Pokémon visible. It is made by Silph Co.
    ¥550 052 Meowth - The Scratch Cat Monster. Using this pin lets you attack your enemies with vicious claws, also causing them to drop a small amount of money pins on impact.
    ¥500 063 Abra - The Psi Monster. Using this pin allows you to teleport at will across a battlefield.
    ¥1000 133 Eevee - The Evolution Monster. The effects of this pin depend on the environment.

"Or, if you like, I can take you on a tour of the building! For a fee, of course."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E

"You can see us?! KICK FREAKIN' ASS! Cause whew...I didn't want to be ignored for any longer!" Gloria cheered, greeting the lady at the counter; it looked as though hse was part shopkeeper, part tourguide. She turned to Zorya. "Say, I've noticed something; did you see that red...graffiti mark when we entered the building? Well, at first I was like, OH EW, VANDILISUM! But then, I thought: why here of all places? This is a hunch, but do you think that mark has anything to do with us being visable in certain places and buildings? ARRRRGH, NEVER MIND, DON'T ANSWER THAT! ITS TOO LATE TO THINK NOW!!"

Gloria then turned back to the lady, as he responded with a warm smile. "Hello, may I help you?" She looked up brightly at Gloria and Zorya. "Here is a list of items we have on sale..." Gloria quickly viewed the list of merchandise on sale, until she found what they were looking for: a Silph Scope. Gloria then suddenly slammed on top of the desk. She glazed deeply to the shopkeepers eyes, but then soon, she suddenly gave a smile.

"Huh..." Gloria whispered, as she looked back to the list of merchandse for sale, being sidetracked from her actual perchase. She noticed that there were other pins for sale; including one that has a picture of an Abra, and one that has a picture of an Eevee. "...What in the name of magnificant Muk is a Abra? Erm..that's not important!! Don't worry Zorya, I got this covered!"

"Or, if you like," the lady suggested. I can take you on a tour of the building! For a fee, of course."

She then glanced back to the lady employee, trying to reach for her three 100 yen pins. The Silph Scope costed about 300 yen, so it was perfect. She then scattered them neatly on the desk, as she called out her order. "Actually, my buddy here and I would like a Silph Scope, if you please! And no pickles! God help you if I find pickles--Ah, whatever. 300 yen, right? Its right here, flush them out of the pier, and maaaaan do I need a beer! Well, not really; I don't need a beer, but the yen is right here."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City
    Pin Shoppin'

-----

"You can see us?! KICK FREAKIN' ASS! Cause whew...I didn't want to be ignored for any longer!" Gloria cheered, greeting the lady at the counter. She then turned to me, "Say, I've noticed something; did you see that red...graffiti mark when we entered the building? Well, at first I was like, OH EW, VANDILISUM! But then, I thought: why here of all places? This is a hunch, but do you think that mark has anything to do with us being visable in certain places and buildings? ARRRRGH, NEVER MIND, DON'T ANSWER THAT! ITS TOO LATE TO THINK NOW!!"

I asnwered anyways, "Um, no, I must have missed that. I was in a bit of a rush to get in here for a Silph Scope."

"Huh..." Gloria whispered, as she looked back to the list of merchandse for sale, being sidetracked from her actual purchase, "...What in the name of magnificant Muk is a Abra? Erm..that's not important!! Don't worry Zorya, I got this covered!"

"You don't know what an Abra is?" I asked, thoroughly confused. Abra was, after all, fairly common in the Kanto region, especially in Saffron City.

"Or, if you like," the lady suggested, "I can take you on a tour of the building! For a fee, of course." A tour of the building... there might be some use to that... then again, probably not.

"Actually, my buddy here and I would like a Silph Scope, if you please! And no pickles! God help you if I find pickles--Ah, whatever. 300 yen, right? Its right here, flush them out of the pier, and maaaaan do I need a beer! Well, not really; I don't need a beer, but the yen is right here."

What? Pickles? I decided to ignore the comment as I reviewed the list of available items. It seemed odd that they would be selling these pins... maybe there was more to this place than I had thought. Perhaps this... game was a bit more complicated than I originally anticipated. "Once we get more money, we should come back and buy the Meowth pin. It could be useful, just in case we need more money for any future purposes."

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Rose (Silph Co. Employee)

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you very much!" Rose said with a cheerful smile and a bow, handing the Silph Scope to Gloria. The goggles caught a hint of light as they exchanged hands. Though they looked innocent, these goggles contained several years of research and hard work embedded into its circuits. This buyer better appreciate what they were purchasing!

silph_scope.png
    Gloria obtained the Silph Scope! For ¥300!​

"Please feel free to browse our other wares too," Rose then gestured to the other items on display.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E

Gloria triumphantly picked up her newly purchased Silph Scope. She then observed it thoroughly to try to see how it works. She turned it all over the place, she softly tapped on it with her right knuckle to see if it makes a sound; she even put her ear on it, and smelled it just a bit. It sure had that...new Silph Scope smell. Gloria then turned to her partner.

"Okay, now that we have this bad boy," Gloria started to say, holding the Silph Scope. "Hm...what do you think we should do now? I don't think we can use this thing as a weapon of mass destruction...OH WAIT, DUUUH, CAUSE WE CAN SEE THINGS THROUGH IT! Ew...did I just make a dirty joke without realizing? AH, WHATEVER! Some of my fans are quite the pervs you know; that can be a little tribute to them."

"Please feel free to browse our other wares too," Rose then gestured to the other items on display.

Gloria's partner, Zorya then added: "Once we get more money, we should come back and buy the Meowth pin. It could be useful, just in case we need more money for any future purposes."

"Not a bad idea!" Gloria complemented. "For now, why don't we head outside? This place smells like a goldfish about to eat big foot's diaper -- UM! NO OFFENSE GIVEN! And...hopefully none taken."

Gloria then headed out the front door, with the Silph Scope in her right hand. She didn't know how to operate though, so as she was coming out of the door, she stuck out the Silph Scope from outside, and waved it around, trying to signal Zorya if she knew how to operate this...thing. Gloria always forgot about the commercials. Gloria then had an idea. "Oh duuuuuh, we're supposed to look through it! Now...where's the hole on this thing...ah! Okay, Zorya. Here's goessss something!"

Gloria, now fully outside, then eventually found the glass whole on where one would normally peer from the Silph Scope. She then slowly was able to fit her head in through, and slipped the scope on her forehead, and had the glass window through her right eye.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City
    Scopin' the crowd

-----

Gloria grabbed the Silph Scope and held it as she began to speak, "Okay, now that we have this bad boy, Hm...what do you think we should do now? I don't think we can use this thing as a weapon of mass destruction...OH WAIT, DUUUH, CAUSE WE CAN SEE THINGS THROUGH IT! Ew...did I just make a dirty joke without realizing? AH, WHATEVER! Some of my fans are quite the pervs you know; that can be a little tribute to them."

"Not a bad idea!" Gloria complemented after my comment about the Meowth Pin, "For now, why don't we head outside? This place smells like a goldfish about to eat big foot's diaper -- UM! NO OFFENSE GIVEN! And...hopefully none taken." Gloria then proceeded to walk out the door, before she began to wave the Silph Scope around, like she was wondering if I knew how to operate the thing.

If I knew how to operate something as simple as that. Of course I did, and in a second she had figured it out. I walked up to her and began to speak, "Now, onto Lavender Town." I began to walk without waiting for Gloria's reply.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Rush & Manny

"Listen, Manny, can you just try and focus on the mission at hand?" Rush gave his partner a glare. Manny was a cute kid in all, being eleven with his cute blonde hair and his cute brown eyes, but he was really getting on Rush's nerves. He gave a long sigh and flicked his dark hair, putting it back above his dark eyes. He might be cute, yeah, but he was sure as hell hopeless.

"No! No, no, no! You don't understand, I can't, I can't!"

"You can't?! Why not?!" Rush folded his arms. "It's not that hard to think, you know?" They had been partners for barely even half an hour and they had been bickering the whole time. Rush pretty much hated kids and Manny wasn't too hot on adults either (though Rush was seventeen). The two were opposites, though maybe that's how they had found eachother. Opposites attract, right?

"Because I-- oh look, look over there Rush! Players!" Manny thrust a finger towards Silph Co. Tower, pointing to two girls standing outside of it. Rush narrowed his eyes at Manny's cunning segue.

"How do you know?"

"I can't read their thoughts with the player pin! Let's go say hello!" And with that, Manny dashed towards them. Rush almost facepalmed.

"Kid, we have to stick together!"

DAY 1; Brock & Janine

"If you're trying to solve today's mission, you're doing it wrong," Brock glided over to Gloria and Zorya. "You still need to go for a walk, if you know what I mean."

"Why are you helping them, Brock?" Janine appeared behind him, her face bowing away a little. She couldn't help but feel shy.

"Because if they actually live through what we're about to give them, they deserve a prize," Brock smiled, then looked over at the two approaching players. Oh, more points? "This is your chance Janine. Look, two sets of players! Give it all you got!"

"Yeah! Okay!" she thrust her hand forward, creating three Muk noise and four Scyther noise. "Take this!"

Nakuzami

Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Day One
    Saffron City
    Double the people, double the noise

-----

Not long after I had left Silph Co., I noticed something approach Gloria and I. Not only that, it seemed to be flying, and it looked human. "If you're trying to solve today's mission, you're doing it wrong," What the hell? Brock?! Now I knew this game was much much more complicated than I had thought. "You still need to go for a walk, if you know what I mean."

"Why are you helping them, Brock?" Another figure I recognized approached. It was Janine, but she had a shy look to her, which was a bit unusual for Janine. I knew my face had a look of total bewilderment, and I couldn't resist making a face like that. This was just plain weird. Brock had also been flying, which was not normal, at all.

"Because if they actually live through what we're about to give them, they deserve a prize," Brock smiled, then looked at something else. I followed his gaze and saw two more people approaching. I grabbed my player pin and tried to read their thoughts - I couldn't. Maybe they were players? "This is your chance Janine. Look, two sets of players! Give it all you got!" Yeah, they were players. Though, who were...

"Yeah! Okay!" Janine thrust her hand forward, creating more of those creatures from earlier, Noise, but in the form of two Muk and four Scyther. "Take this!" This game was getting a little too complicated, and a bit dangerous.

I didn't bother to ask what was going on, and I didn't bother to ask the names of the other two players. What I did bother to do though, was fight. I grabbed my Geodude pin, summoning a barrage of rocks that hit the noise. It seemed to hurt to the Scyther a bit, but not the Muk.

I then grabbed my Magnemite pin, causing all of the noise to fly towards me. I hadn't really been expecting that, so I reflexively grabbed the Paras pin. Suddenly, all of the noise were laying around me, asleep. "Okay then... attack, I guess?" I said to the other players, a bit confused.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E

Gloria was looking through the Scope Lens...but she saw nothing. "Wha--it didn't work?" Gloria pondered, as she stopped looking through it, and tapped it a bit to see if it was broken. It wasn't, however, which made thins all the curiouser for her. "...I am officially confused. FANS! HELP GLORIA! WHAT SHALL I DO?!"

She then heard a voice as she saw Zorya pass by her, saying something about Lavender Town. "...If you're trying to solve today's mission, you're doing it wrong."

"Huh...?" Gloria asked, turning to Zorya. "Did...you just say we're doing it wrong? Wait...you don't have a manly voice like that...OR DO YOU?!"

All her questions were to be answered as she was soon able to see a man with black wings as he soared towards Zorya and Gloria. Black wings...Gloria didn't struck him as a noise, but like a half-man, half-noise. This was all to weird. She took a step forward as the man spoke once again: "You still need to go for a walk, if you know what I mean." he pointed out. In that time, a girl could be seen floating towards him.

"Why are you helping them, Brock?" she said, all flustered, yet shy.

"B-Brock? Pewter's City's Brock? What the hell, man?!" Gloria said, in shock to meet up with Brock. She always known of Brock, but never met him directly. She have heard that Brock was Pewter City's rock gym leader, even though she wasn't a pokemon trainer herself.

"Because if they actually live through what we're about to give them, they deserve a prize," Brock smiled, answering the girls question, as he then looked over at Gloria and Zorya. "This is your chance Janine. Look, two sets of players! Give it all you got!"

"Yeah! Okay!" Janine said, as thrust her hand forward, creating three Muk noise and four Scyther noise. "Take this!"

<<Battle Theme~!!>>

Gloria then found herself and her partner surrounded by forms of Scyther, and Muk, all bunched up together. "So YOU'RE the guys who can create the monsters!" Gloria realized, as she took out her base guitar, ready for combat. "Just great...Zorya! Get ready to rock!"

Gloria then soon saw her partner activate her Magnemite pin, as that pin as able to draw the noise right towards her. Zorya then activated her Paras pin, sending the noise straight to sleep. Gloria smiled as she saw that this was also her chance for an attack. She took out the Whismur pin from her pocket, and gripped it tightly as she then used her left hand to stung down her guitar, which thanks to the Whismur pin, creating harmful sound waves that harmed the Scyther and Muk noises nearby. However, it wasn't as effective as when she fought with the Rattata noises. "Ergh...these guys are tougher than I thought..."

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • ɗɑʏ øɴɛ

"Do I LOOK alright?!The man's response came as a surprise. "I'm sittin' on the ground with a rabid Pidgey attackin' me in broad daylight and not one person in the freakin' vicinity gives a flying Aipom! Oh yeah, I'm alright!" Nel wasn't sure she had ever met someone so rude before. It made her want to put her free hand on her hip and say something like, "I saved your life, so can you please not talk to me that way?" Just as her mouth opened, though, the man's demeanor seemed to take a complete 180, his expression changing to what Nel interpreted as relief and happiness combined.

"You can see me?! Fan-freakin'-tastic! Listen, I got a plan, but ya gotta help me out, so I'm not crawlin' around on the ground like a useless Caterpie!" Nel just stood speechless as he reached out and grabbed her still-outstretched hand (she was going through too many emotions at once to have thought about pulling it back earlier). Just then a phone--not Nel's, perhaps the man's?--began to beep. Nel could've sworn she felt her own phone begin to vibrate, too. The man released Nel's hand and took out the phone, complaining in the process. Nel decided to do the same, since synchronized text messages couldn't be coincidental, right?

Confirming pact...

Nel stared at the words as if trying to comprehend what it meant. What was this about a pact? It took her a few seconds to notice that there was more. She hit the "OK" button smack dab in the middle of her phone, and the words changed to ones even stranger.

Pact confirmed!

"Eh?" Nel cocked her head at the message. This was even stranger than the message she had received not so long ago about "making the invisible plain to see" or whatever it was. Before she could do anything with her phone (or her plushie), Nel could've sworn she had suddenly become completely immobile. She was shrouded in light, and could see nothing other than the color white. Is my...phone doing all this? No, can't be that, so what, then? Not a few seconds after that thought had passed through her mind had the light faded away. Nel found herself staring at her phone yet again, her mouth now ajar. She didn't feel any different, so why did it seem like everything had just changed for the better?

"Forget it--" Nel had almost forgotten about the young man. Did he get the same message, too? She turned to ask, but he already had his mouth open yet again. "Change in plans, grab that wheelchair--over there, and I'll get into it myself! As long as I'm not flailin' like a pansy down here, I can send that pidgey into next week!" Nel turned to look at the wheelchair. Had it been there before? It probably had been, but Nel was more concerned about the Pidgey--and about her plushie.

The Pidgey and Millie. Nel had also temporarily forgotten about the two. She turned to look at the fate of her plushie, but to her relief, it was fine. On the other hand, the Pidgey was now raring to attack yet again. Things didn't seem to be getting any better, despite the feeling Nel had earlier.

"Hurry up!!" The young man shouted, snapping the still rather confused Nel back into reality. Right, I can't let down someone who needs my help! She ran for the wheelchair, but before she could reach it, the Pidgey flew right in front of her, blocking the path she needed to take. Ah, not good, not good... Nel began to turn to her plushie, but what good would it do to repeat an attack the enemy could probably dodge by now? The only other option was to charge the creature head-on, or...

There were pins, weren't there? Nel shuffled through her assortment of pins and looked at them. The one with the Poke Ball pin didn't seem like it would have any effect (Nel thought it might work as a normal Poke Ball, but could an abnormal Pidgey be caught?). The pin with the Chansey design was also a no-go, as Nel knew the Pokemon wasn't a big attacker. That left two more pins. The first of two had a baby Kangaskhan design on it. That probably implied its attack power to be as high as the Chansey pin. Sighing, Nel took a look at the last pin. It had...what looked like a Ghost Pokemon on it. But it didn't look like any Ghost Pokemon that existed in the Pokemon Tower.

...The tower. Nel remembered a story that the Ghost Pokemon living in the tower wouldn't reveal themselves unless a special item was used, right? What if that were what the mission referred to? Now, what was the name of the special item...?

"Wait, Nel, now's not the time to think about how to solve the riddle on the phone. We're being attacked here, so we gotta get rid of this thing first," she muttered to herself. She took the Ghostly pin in her hand, hoping that it would do something. What happened next made Nel speechless. As if by some miracle the wheelchair began to float. Not only that, but Nel found her hand glowing. Was the pin doing this?

"Time to kill two birds--or, in this case, Pidgeys--with one stone!" With all her might Nel quickly brought her arm back so that the wheelchair flew right toward the Pidgey, hitting it from behind and stunning it. She then moved her arm gently so that the wheelchair landed right by the young man who needed it most. Next up, Millie. But as she tried to use the pin to pick up her plushie, it didn't work. In fact, the light was gone completely. Maybe it needs to recharge? Oh well, better get Millie while I still can. Hoping the man could help himself now, Nel rushed to where her plushie was. Hopefully the Pidgey would stay out or away from her this time...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Rush & Manny

"Ack!! Rush, we got trouble!" Manny said stopping in his tracks as the noise spread out and attacked both teams. He readied his own psyche; with his Gengar pin, he could manipulate his shadows and use them to attack. Which he did, spreading his own shadow, attaching it a Muk's and held it in place. "Rush, Rush, Rush, I got it!"

"I can see Manny, shut up!" Rush had a whole bunch of pins; a Charmander, a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur mainly. He could use an onslaught of elemental attacks that did surprisingly well if he used them together. The downside? Using them together meant they ran out quicker and left them defenseless for a while (Manny couldn't hold the shadows on forever). After he released his triple attack, Manny let go and jumped backwards, getting away from any attack the Muk released.

"Let's work together, guys!" Manny yelled at the girls, waving at them. "We can beat them easier that way!"

"What the kid said!" Rush stepped back with the kid as the Muk swiped forwards.

DAY 1; Brock & Janine

"Teamwork between teams? Hmm..." Brock nodded as he watched the battle, leaning against Silph Co. Building with a coy smile on his face. He didn't bother to intervene and actually help Janine. She was doing fine and if they failed here, they'd move on to a different team. No big. "They've got the right idea."

"Don't we want to erase them?" Janine said, ordering a Scyther to attack with a flick of her wrist.

"Yes, but the Composer always wants to hear of the better players. Plus that gives us more of a challenge for later days," Brock shrugged. That and he liked to see who were the players with real potential. What was the point of erasing players who could later help the Composer in some way? To most, the game was a chance to win your life back. But to Brock, it was a way to ween out the people who deserved to die from those who had the real talent. It was a little cruel and a little harsh, Brock could admit that, but that was the truth.

"Are they better players?" Janine looked back at Brock, frowning a little.

"We'll see."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E

"Ergh...!" Gloria grunted as she was struck by an attack from the Scyther noise; she was hit on her left arm, which was fortunately not her dominant arm, but it still made it tricky for her to hold up her guitar. "I'm not beat yet! In the name of my fans, I SHALL PREVAIL! Hm...so THAT'S what a Muk is...wait! Augh, WHO CARES!!" Gloria then held up her guitar the best she could, and played it once, trying to harm the noise even more, so they would be pressured on a counter attack. She glanced over to her partner Zorya, who was using her Paras pin to make some of them fall asleep. Most were awake, however, as she then saw a Muk noise right by her was begining to strike once again. Gloria quickly blocked it with the base of her guitar, fortunately, it didn't shatter.

Soon afterwords, she heard voices coming from her left: "Let's work together, guys!" someone yelled; Gloria saw it was a younger boy, along with a more older boy who was with them. "We can beat them easier that way!"

"What the kid said!" the older boy called out right after.

Gloria didn't notice any black wings on them, so they weren't like Brock or Janine; perhaps they were players in this game as well! Gloria then glanced over to her partner, Zorya. "Hey, see those two guys?" she started, pointed at the two. "What do you think, should we help them? Cause I see a rockin' PARTY soon! Either that, or they can become our slaves! Um...again, not trying to make a sex joke or anything."

Gloria soon played her guitar once more, fending off some of the noise on her side.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The girl was good, Arron had to admit. Although he would've liked it very much if she'd been so kind as to think to help him into the chair, he wasn't nearly that helpless—In a dire situation like this, Arron could find a way to hoist himself up! Even if he didn't look like a graceful ballerina in the process, it wasn't like anybody could see him anyhow. He reached up, putting his palm on the base of the chair and hoisting his weight up off the ground, swapping hands to twist his torso around. He plopped halfway on, halfway off, of the wheelchair, shifting around clumsily and getting himself into the seat by scooching up and pushing on the armrests with his hands. Probably the most foolish show on earth, but the fact stood that he, who had never ridden in a wheelchair before in his life, had gotten into one all by his lonesome.

… Ok well he'd gotten some help in terms of getting TO the wheelchair itself, but that was beside the point.

The next question was, why did the girl have pins, and he didn't? Well, it was more like, why did she seem to know a hell of a lot more about their situation than he did? There hadn't been any real foul play yet, so there weren't any outstanding reasons to be particularly distrustful of her, but…. But now wasn't the time for useless thinking like this!!

Arron reached down to zip up his pockets, to make sure that in the midst of battling this mutant pidgey his cellphone wouldn't fall out. But as he zipped up the empty pocket, he felt little objects at the very bottom. Tilting his head, Arron reached in quickly, extracting a small handful of what looked like button pins. Well damn if he'd felt a little left out of the party earlier! He recognized the pidgey, the chansey, the rotom… But what was the meaning of this pokeball pin? Could he CATCH this mutant pidgey?! Because… if he could, then wouldn't that be the solution to all their problems?!

Except now came the problem of how he'd even go about using these plastic doohickeys. Couldn't they have given a "How to Be Dead 101" crash course or something? So far, being dead was a heck of a lot more of a pain in the butt than being alive.

"Damn!" Arron cursed under his breath, "If I could just give that Pidgey a good smack—WO- WOAH!!"

Arron flew backwards as suddenly his wheelchair flew forward—o fcourse, with him still in it. Flying through the air in a wheelchair had not been on the top of his To-Do List, and he gripped on for dear, sweet life. … Or… death... Whatever his current state happened to be.

The wheels spun rapidly as soon as they rammed straight into the beast, whirring at a speed that would surely leave a nice mark—like rug burn. The pidgey was thrust back, and the chair touched down on the ground. Arron, for one, was ready to get the heck offa the crazy contraption. But it had a different plan in mind, wheels flying into motion again as it drove towards the pidgey like a raving dog. Upon contact this time, the pidgey suddenly fizzed out—like it had been on a television screen, and static had just blacked out the picture. And then…

It was gone.

But that wasn't important.

Because Arron, upon his wheelchair, knuckles white from gripping the armrests and heart pounding a thousand times a minute, looked over at Nel and said with genuine confusion, "Didja see that? That wasn't just me goin' crazy er nothin', right?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Thomas Carter

Today was definitely not a good day for Tom. He woke up dead (if that was even possible) in the middle of a city he barely knew and now some crazy, mutant, psycho plus other adjectives that he could not get off the tip of his tongue Pidgeys had been chasing him since his phone went off. Despite all this, Tom still had a stupid grin on his face and could do nothing else but see the cheery side of things.

"At least they can't kill me, I'm already dead!" He laughed as he ran, not quite sure who he was talking to. It's not like anybody could see or hear him. Because if they could, he was sure at least one decent person in this giant city would turn their head or use their own Pokémon to attack them. Unfortunately for Tom, he didn't have his Pokémon anymore. Just some pins in his pocket and this stupid smile on his face.

As he skidded around the corner, the Pidgeys right on his tail, his eyes fell on a sight which was similar to his own situation. Oh! Another player!! Excellent, excellent, excellent! This was just his luck, wasn't it? Or it just was, since the good luck was kind of cancelled out by the bad luck of the swarming Pidgeys.

"Hey, you!! Form a pact with me!!" He yelled out to the girl.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back