• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Underground

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • I really liked it there, but there was too much to explore in my opinion ~.x I still liked finding things like fossils and the such, and testing out the various traps that you could buy. That bubble trap looked really cool to 8 year old me. xD Sadly, I didn't have wifi back then, so I couldn't enjoy the online features of the Underground.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • I really love this feature since I am playing this with my friend.Mining,decorating,playing tag with my friend,getting each other flag, I do all of that with my friend :3

Years
  • I was honestly blown away by this when first playing through Diamond. After playing all the previously released Pokemon games, this feature was entirely new and brought a whole new dimension to the game play. I spent countless hours in the underground, trying to find stones and fossils. Definitely would like to see it make a comeback in later games! The Underground was kind of a neglected mechanic after Sinnoh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It was one of the best side-content things Pokémon has ever had in the games, imo. If only it had more of the RSE elements of bases in it (e.g. being able to battle with friends' teams in their bases too).

When I first unlocked it in Diamond I sort of dropped the Pokémon aspect for a good while because of it, haha. Good fun, and really offered a lot of neat stuff too with the fossils and plates and shards, which proved especially useful in Platinum.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I absolutely loved the Underground back in the Gen.4 games! I would go in there several hours a day to decorate and hunt for Fossils and neat items as well as checking out the latest Trading Items for my Base every day and to bury some Spheres :3
    I really loved the concept about digging up your own Items and Fossils (if done wrong, better luck next time!) and so on. They should definintely bring this back (Secret Base in ORAS please make a return!). Only downside was that there was "limited space" for stuff in your Base so hopefully there comes a time when this will be eliminated :3

Is there any way you can go play this with friends (you know, when you both can see each other) now when WiFi is down?

Actually, if I'm right, the connection you make with your friends in the Sinnoh Underground is done by a local wireless that will still be available after the shutdown :)
    So it's still possible to play with your friends Underground and catch that Spiritomb when you have met 32 people :D

Years
  • I absolutely loved the Underground back in the Gen.4 games! I would go in there several hours a day to decorate and hunt for Fossils and neat items as well as checking out the latest Trading Items for my Base every day and to bury some Spheres :3
    I really loved the concept about digging up your own Items and Fossils (if done wrong, better luck next time!) and so on. They should definintely bring this back (Secret Base in ORAS please make a return!). Only downside was that there was "limited space" for stuff in your Base so hopefully there comes a time when this will be eliminated :3

Actually, if I'm right, the connection you make with your friends in the Sinnoh Underground is done by a local wireless that will still be available after the shutdown :)
    So it's still possible to play with your friends Underground and catch that Spiritomb when you have met 32 people :D

Ah great, thanks for the explanation :D

Years
  • I'm playing The Underground for the first time and I love it. I could spend hours in this place. I am wondering one thing though, is there a limit to digging? I am currently in the underground and cant find a single spot to dig in. The only time I do find something, its unreachable.

Back