• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated hoenn pokemon

Years
  • I don't neccessarily know how "underrated" these Pokemon are compared to the rest of them, but I always used Banette, Tropius and Dustox a lot on R/S/E.

I actually had quite a powerful team that I would use in the Battle Frontier that consisted of Claydol, Banette and Hariyama for Level 50 competitions. I think I ended up beating 2 or 3 of the Frontier Brains with this team alone.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Pelipper!

They are simply the best Pokémon ever, in-game especially. Surf, Ice Beam, Shock Wave. It's almost impossible to not become champion.

Suddenly, Thunderbolt.

Also I think the fossil Pokemon are kinda underrated; Armaldo and Cradily. They're quite strong in their own way but aren't used much. ;;

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020

Suddenly, Thunderbolt.

Also I think the fossil Pokemon are kinda underrated; Armaldo and Cradily. They're quite strong in their own way but aren't used much. ;;

Cradily has always been the best and always will be the best... just saying...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I cannot beleive he hasnt been mentioned yet, this is my all favourite pokemon

SPINDA
    How can you not love him. He's a druken panda!!! And everyone is different/unique. Alright maybe his stas srnt the best but that wonbt stop me lovng him. And I like how his movesets and abilitys are to do with confusion. Hes like the number one confusion pokemon :D

Spinda can be a REALLY good annoyer, if used right. Dusclops also used to be a nice defensive pokemon for an RSE team.

Also, what is wrong with Plusle and Minun. Yeah they may not be too great alone, but together they can do decently. I even remember this girl on WiFi a while back who was straight kicking ass with them.

Also, I didn't see many used, but I really love Ninjask. Also, a Cradily with Storm Drain seems interesting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    [SIZE="a"]Cacture most definitly, ok stats and good movepool plus needle arm kicks the most ass of all[/SIZE]

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
  • I think Cardily and Armaldo are awesome pokemons, but
    nobody remember them these days... but the most underrated
    pokemon in my opinion is Heracross.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Wailord, Camerupt, Grumpig and Zangoose. I don't know if Zangoose is considered underrated, but I've never seen someone using him.
    Wailord and Camerupt can be real destructive. And even though Grumpig is overshaded by Pokemon like Alakazam and Gardevoir, it can still be a more than a decent battler.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Delcatty can be made into a monster if you get a +sp att nature and EV it. This is in-game of course, haha. I had one in a challenge on Ruby and he blew stuff away.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Wait, isn't all Hoenn pokemon except for Metagross, Salamence, Flygon, and Breloom underrated?
    I think Crawdaunt is kidan overrated. I mean, its DW ability combined with Dragon Dance sure can tear up many foes.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Pretty mcuh this whole region is underated because everyone goes on about how good johto was and how bad hoenn was. IMO I like the Hoenn pokemon alot better than any others. But on topic Volbeat is very underatted. His signal beam is extremely strong (still pyhsicial) and with tail glow his electric attacks own as well.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Cradily. I know it's ugly as hell, but it has a real charm about it (and an awesome typing - it's like the best Grass Pokemon ever!). It's probably the only Grass critter I've ever had on a team, as well.

Back