• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
    If we're talking underrated, it's gotta be my Dugtrio!
    this guys speed is Phenomenal !, he also has dcent attack and defense so he can really do a number on an opponent in battle, he learns moves like Rock slide, Earthquake and FISSURE, that make him essential in battles (especially the Battle Frontier in Emerald!) overall, just an awesome Pokémon :)

Years
    I like to rep Wartortle through my playthroughs instead of evolving him into blastoise. I think it would have been cool if the mega stone let the lower eveolutions mega evolve too but that's just getting way to complicated.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Mawile is actually used a lot. It also has a mega evolution and a very high attack I think.

I beg to differ. Normal, Mawile. Used a lot? That's completely new to do, please do tell what makes you think so? Only Mega Mawile is used a lot. Mawile didn't receive any remarkable attention before that.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
    Hum... Raichu. Not that Raichu is really underrated, but I don't often see it used competitively. At least in my experience, anyway. Aside from a defense which is slightly lacking, my Raichu is the second best on my team.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Diggersby thooo

Diggersby's huge power ability makes it formidable, same with mega mawile and azumarill.

Hmm.. as for what I use that's underated/underused..

Charizard. Much more common now obviously, but my team so far is quite common:

Charizard y
    Mr.Mime
    Rhyperior
    Azumarill

tbf, if you're talking random battles over wifi, my Mr.Meme is my most underused pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2014
    i bred a dodrio with a good nature and IVs, gave it a choice band and taught it thrash. its not a good pokemon but its hilarious when it sweeps teams not prepared for it in single battles.

Non-Legend

Forever Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    I've been playing a bit on showdown and I don't see Weavile get used too often, especially in ou tier, and even in UU it doesn't come up too often from my experience so far. So I'm not sure if it can be completely defined as underrated but underestimated yes.

I've had people send in Garchomp and gengar in attempt to out speed the sucker only to have weavile OHKO those types of pokemon immediately.

I've also found that Weavile is a brilliant user of punishment as well which has become my favorite move. I've taken gyardos and charizard by encoring them into dragon dance, U-turning into Weavile and OHKO with punishment. I once had the perfect conditions to hit blaziken with punishment and finished it off with ice shard. Weavile is very dangerous when its underestimated.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Heliolisk
    Good speed and sp. atk, can learn surf, and even gets STAB hyper beam. Also can benefit from sandstorm (sand veil), rain(dry skin), or sunlight (solar power) depending on which ability he has.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I love my Aromatisse in Y. It can take a loooootta hits and still keep going. It has one of the highest HPs in my team.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Definitely my Rhyperior. I searched for a shiny one in the Friend Safari for five days and as soon as I told one of my friends he said "wow, Rhyperior sucks." :'( I'm sure it'll be useful though, especially with Talonflame and Aegislash so common this gen. :)

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Definitely my Rhyperior. I searched for a shiny one in the Friend Safari for five days and as soon as I told one of my friends he said "wow, Rhyperior sucks." :'( I'm sure it'll be useful though, especially with Talonflame and Aegislash so common this gen. :)

I use Rhyperior in battle station singles and doubles. He Usually wrecks face.

edit:
    The Rhyperior sweep is here! #shofu
    CWNG-WWWW-WWW3-XA6Z
    Y2VG-WWWW-WWW3-XAN3

Last edited:

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Idk about Crobat and Dugtrio being Under-Used. They're both pretty top tier IMO lol. I really like Ninetails w/Drought and something like Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, and Roar/Substitute/Hex/Confuse Ray. PERFECT for Sun Teams, espcially with either Mega Charizard as your sweeper.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    I have two to add, I think these are underrated, correct me if I am wrong:

Galvantula and Seismitoad .... especially as a duo in a doubles match.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I use Dusknoir right now.
    If it's a ghost pokemon people use Aegislash, I caught two players with Aegislash off guard today with Pain Split and Earthquake.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
    Mightyena. I don't care he's supposedly 'awful' for competitive use, I'm still using him for it. In fact, my team:

Mightyena
    Umbreon
    Hydreigon
    Absol
    Zoroark
    Bisharp

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    I use Dusknoir right now.
    If it's a ghost pokemon people use Aegislash, I caught two players with Aegislash off guard today with Pain Split and Earthquake.

Pain split is a highly underrated move. Only one trainer was smart enough to us it against my team, I think they defeated me because of, can't recall, but I do remember that it made things very difficult. Dusknoir looks so cool, I just wish it was not a monotype, I don't use monotypes.

Back