• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
  • I'm sorry if there is a thread like this. I DID search for one like this and couldn't find it. What underrated pokemon do you use? I really like using my Vivillon. It has good defenses. It sweeps with infestation and struggle bug. I always use infestation first, then depending on the pokemon, I use psybeam or struggle bug. Sometimes I use stun spore, but I will replace it with fly once I find it. Soooo...discuss!

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • I just lurv my Electivier, Magmortar and Flygon. While none of them are outstanding, each of them are unique (especially Electivier and Magmortar in design). They don't have outstanding stats, but you can't scoff at them either. Usable in competitve play, but not very feasible.

As for you Vivillon, Hurrican will be your go-to move if you have Compound Eyes. 120 damage, STAB, and increased accuracy? Vivillon can easily sweep with the right EVS and Nature.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I really love Leafeon. I can see why it's not very popular, among other Eeveelutions and even other grass types, it fades into the background in terms of stats. But while Leafeon has a strange arrangement of stats, I think it's movepool compliments them nearly perfectly and there are actually many options when choosing how to set up your Leafeon.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Talonflame with gale wings. Talonflame is pretty weak in battle, it's stats are low except for speed, and a trick room could render them useless in most situations, unless they have gale wings and are strong to the opposing pokemon.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • What do gale wings do? I have the hard helmet thing on my Vivillon. In one turn: infestation, get hit and pokemon gets damaged by hard helmet, infestation. Second turn: struggle bug, KO

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • What do gale wings do? I have the hard helmet thing on my Vivillon. In one turn: infestation, get hit and pokemon gets damaged by hard helmet, infestation. Second turn: struggle bug, KO

Gale wings increases the priority of flying type moves by one. Thus they are executed faster, making speed less of an issue. That is why it can negate the benefit of trick room for a Talonflame, because priority moves still go in order of priority first.

Years
  • Well, I use a Cinccino on Random Battles, and kicks butt like a boss, Skill Link Ability + King's Rock = 41% chance of flinching lol.

I also use Florges as my healer and Special Wall, she can take pretty much special attacks(well except for her weaknesses).

And by the time Pokemon Bank is released, I'm gonna get my Physical Attacking Lopunny from Black 2.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've taking a liking to Seadra and Gourgeist. Seadra with the Eviolite is pretty bulky from what I've seen so far, and Gourgeist is just fun to use, regardless if it's a bit lackluster.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I've taking a liking to Seadra and Gourgeist. Seadra with the Eviolite is pretty bulky from what I've seen so far, and Gourgeist is just fun to use, regardless if it's a bit lackluster.

Gourgeist is really underrated, though I don't use it, I do panic a bit when I see one. lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I've been using Wailord a lot this gen. I think he could be great you just need to find the right team for him. I've been trying to run him with a toxic team and it's working okay. He's been one of my favorites for years and he was my first ever ex card.

Aminta

past the point of no return
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    By "underrated," do you mean Pokemon with unrecognized but great battling potential, or Pokemon who might not be so great stat-wise or for competitive play, but are fun to use or decent regardless?

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • By "underrated," do you mean Pokemon with unrecognized but great battling potential, or Pokemon who might not be so great stat-wise or for competitive play, but are fun to use or decent regardless?

This kind of post saddens me a bit. The stats are not the only part of the pokemon's capabilities. Combine the correct ability and moves and those with lower stats can dominate a battle, like Talonflame for example, since I have already shown how it can dominate. Talonflame has low stat values all around, except speed. I have seen a Talonflame almost sweep a battle because of the ability and moves, stats had no role in the battle, it was trainer and pokemon that did it all. Also, really good strategy breaking moves like trick room are only available on pokemon with low stats, and trick room can devastate a team if unprepared for it. That is why they are called "underrated" and not "unpopular."

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This kind of post saddens me a bit. The stats are not the only part of the pokemon's capabilities. Combine the correct ability and moves and those with lower stats can dominate a battle, like Talonflame for example, since I have already shown how it can dominate. Talonflame has low stat values all around, except speed. I have seen a Talonflame almost sweep a battle because of the ability and moves, stats had no role in the battle, it was trainer and pokemon that did it all. Also, really good strategy breaking moves like trick room are only available on pokemon with low stats, and trick room can devastate a team if unprepared for it. That is why they are called "underrated" and not "unpopular."
    It's a valid question. I'm not sure what saddens you here.

Aminta

past the point of no return
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013

I wasn't trying to make a statement suggesting that Pokemon with low stats are worthless or anything like that. I'm not a competitive player at all, I know next to nothing about competitive battling, and that includes all aspects of it - from stats to strategy. :3c
    I totally agree with you that stats aren't everything in Pokemon, in fact, I'm glad to hear that someone else holds that sentiment, as I get kind of discouraged seeing everyone talk about breeding for IVs and taking all manner of other steps to obtain "perfect" Pokemon, an activity I've never participated in.

Years
  • Talonflame with gale wings. Talonflame is pretty weak in battle, it's stats are low except for speed, and a trick room could render them useless in most situations, unless they have gale wings and are strong to the opposing pokemon.

You kidding? Talonflame is the 3rd most used Pokemon in competitive OU. (Showdown)

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • You kidding? Talonflame is the 3rd most used Pokemon in competitive OU. (Showdown)

LOL, I honestly based it on the reaction of people when I said I wanted one for competitive battles. :P

Not really sure how to qualify something as underrated, so I just used that as a measure with this one.

Back