• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • I'm not sure if Kingdra is actually underrated, but I don't see too many people use it. Which is a great shame, Kingdra is awesome! With just one weakness (two in Gen VI), two super-resistances, and a killer learnset, it's a really effective Pokemon and has a lot of strategies at its disposal.

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
    Years
  • Probably the only one, but my Dedenne is definitely one of my favorites. Other than her speed, her stats are miserable. But she just belongs, you know? Also: Play Rough and Volt Switch. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Floette was my lead until I got a Sylveon and didn't have a use for two Fairy-types. I liked her a lot more than I thought I would.

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
    Years
  • I have a Dedenne and I can say she's very useful. She is a wonderful lead, very fast and can hit hard with Play Rough or Thunderbolt. I just slapped U-turn on her, and I think that'll help a lot.

Years
  • I had a Grumpig on my elite 4 team and I think it's a pretty good pokemon. I don't see it that much when I watch wifi battles. It's a pretty good special wall and it can learn a pretty good variety of attacks. A couple of days ago I got destroyed by a Grumpig in the Battle Maison. It outsped all my pokemon and it one shotted my Charizard with a Power Gem, One shotted my Roserade with a Psychic, and one shotted my Trevenant with a Shadow Ball. It was a pretty sad day, but it did teach me to fear the power of the Grumpig.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Absol is one of my favorite pokemon ever in existence, so now that he's got a Mega i'll be using him VERY soon. I always felt sad when reminded that he was sub-par and fragile, and anything he could do Weavile was better at.

BUT NO MORE. >;C

I KNOW RIGHT D;
    Absol's stats were so sub-par outside its Attack stat, and even if you wanted to use its attack, it had the defenses of paper, so it'd be ripped to shreds. With the mega evolution, however, I'm thinking of adding one to my team.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I haven't tested them out yet, but I'm going to try Carbink and Slurpuff. Carbink for Stealth Rock and maybe dual screens, Slurpuff I'm gonna try a Belly Dance set and a support set. These guys are completely underrated, but I think they'll do fine.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • My usually just go with my favorites and those tend to be under used. Back in the day, that would be considered my Blaziken that Ive transferred and had for a very long time....Now I guess he doesnt count anymore because of the speed boost ability everyone has now lol.

im thinking that ill be making pikachu, abomasnow, and blastoise some of my new pokemon to to use in battle.

Wow! I also use Raichu, Abomasnow, and Blastoise! Mega Blastoise is a beast!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I had a Grumpig on my elite 4 team and I think it's a pretty good pokemon. I don't see it that much when I watch wifi battles. It's a pretty good special wall and it can learn a pretty good variety of attacks. A couple of days ago I got destroyed by a Grumpig in the Battle Maison. It outsped all my pokemon and it one shotted my Charizard with a Power Gem, One shotted my Roserade with a Psychic, and one shotted my Trevenant with a Shadow Ball. It was a pretty sad day, but it did teach me to fear the power of the Grumpig.

To be fair all Battle Maison pokemon seem kinda cheaty. My Delphox got one hit KO'd by a bite from a ratata the other day....

Grumpigs idle animation in X & Y is so endearing, love the way he shuffles. Unfortunately Psychic is one of my favourite types and there's so many I still haven't got around to using (Gothitelle, Exeggutor, Meowstic, Beeheeyem etc) that I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to using a Grumpig.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • To be fair all Battle Maison pokemon seem kinda cheaty. My Delphox got one hit KO'd by a bite from a ratata the other day....

Grumpigs idle animation in X & Y is so endearing, love the way he shuffles. Unfortunately Psychic is one of my favourite types and there's so many I still haven't got around to using (Gothitelle, Exeggutor, Meowstic, Beeheeyem etc) that I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to using a Grumpig.
    I think the Battle Maison generates Pokemon - eventually - that have advantages against your team. I was doing Triple Battle mode with Vaporeon, Luvdisc (because... first shiny ever!), and Heliolisk as my starting three and after the first few days of playing, nearly EVERY freaking team had at least two grass Pokemon :(

I gave my Vaporeon the move Roar and Heliolisk got Hyper Beam and I was able to beat the Triple Battle mode even against all of the grass users.

My secondary team was filled with Cloyster, Klefki, and the sixth slot constantly changed.

Years
  • To be fair all Battle Maison pokemon seem kinda cheaty. My Delphox got one hit KO'd by a bite from a ratata the other day....

do they cheat? I dunno, I assumed it was because they start to use pokemon that are properly EV trained and maybe have good IVs. The only team at a high level I have right now is the team I used in the main adventure so their Evs and IVs are bleh. Also I agree about Grumpigs Standing animation, that's another reason why I like him. :)

Back