• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated

Years
    Elgyem and Beheeyem. They are among my fave Psychic-types and have awesome designs (who doesn't love how cool aliens are?) but I hardly see any mention or love of these things.

Years
    A Pokemon I definitely think is underrated has to be Sudowoodo. In the later Gens it has a great move pool, so I've heard, but even in it's debut games it can learn a good, balanced range of attacks, and is great on a Sandstorm team. Plus it just makes me laugh, it's so cool looking, one of my favorites ever.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Charizard, because of the sheer amount of hate he's gotten from both the community because of being "overrated" and the competitive scene because of Stealth Rock. Be lucky that he along with Gyarados isn't weak to Fairies like the other dragons.

Years
    Charizard, because of the sheer amount of hate he's gotten from both the community because of being "overrated" and the competitive scene because of Stealth Rock. Be lucky that he along with Gyarados isn't weak to Fairies like the other dragons.

Wait....are you suggesting that it's underated for being overated?...I don't think that makes much sense.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Wait....are you suggesting that it's underated for being overated?...I don't think that makes much sense.

It is possible for a Pokemon to be considered as underrated for being called "overrated" in a negative term, because it means they're underestimating its capabilities for its exaggerated capabilities brought up by non-competitive players and anime fans.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
    Well it'd have to be the glorious Dunsparce. You rarely hear anyone talking about it and when you do, its often much more negative than positive. It has a godly ability and a moveset to compliment it, and one of the greatest designs in the world.

So please, when you next play a gen 2 game or its remakes, give Dunsparce a chance.

Years
    It is possible for a Pokemon to be considered as underrated for being called "overrated" in a negative term, because it means they're underestimating its capabilities for its exaggerated capabilities brought up by non-competitive players and anime fans.

No no no, that's not how those two words work. To be overrated in our context, the subject must be so well received and liked that it's supporters refuse to see or acknowledge its faults.To be underrated, the subject must be widely unpopular and its redeeming abilities dismissed because of said unpopularity.

And based on the fact that everyone who grew up when Gens I & II just came out knows Charizard as one of their favorites or in the very least a complete beast, we can determine that it's not underrated...you'd have to be silly to honestly think that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    No no no, that's not how those two words work. To be overrated in our context, the subject must be so well received and liked that it's supporters refuse to see or acknowledge its faults.To be underrated, the subject must be widely unpopular and its redeeming abilities dismissed because of said unpopularity.

And based on the fact that everyone who grew up when Gens I & II just came out knows Charizard as one of their favorites or in the very least a complete beast, we can determine that it's not underrated...you'd have to be silly to honestly think that.

But Charizard has received a lot of hate in the past couple of years, especially on 4chan, because of its tier status on Smogon and the existence of Stealth Rock. Therefore, I consider him to be underrated.

Back