• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen uneventful gen

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    what's with the lack of events in this gen?

there was a lot of speculation on various leaked pokemon that have yet to show up, and being unlocked through events.

and what we have had weren't particularly great. sure, some had HAs, but i was at least expecting some less common legendaries to be rereleased.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    X and Y are still fairly new. We'll get some good events later.

Besides, there were no events for Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai until 2 years after Diamond/Pearl came out; X and Y aren't even a year old yet.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As the movies come out, I think we'll be getting more events. Because that Diancie movie is coming out soon, and this was really like the first confirmation of its existence. Plus, as mentioned, the generation is pretty new. XY is just the beginning of the sixth gen.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Funny you should say that..

uneventful gen

I'm sure they will introduce and distribute more events in the lead-up to ORAS too.

Years
  • As a lot of people above me have said, XY aren't that old, so it's only natural that they'd put off on the events for a little.

And yeah we might get Diancie alongside its movie release, but we still haven't gotten any major word on Hoopa (save its stats) or Volcanion, at least none i've caught onto, unless there has been a word and i've been under a rock for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When OR/AS are released and people start moving away from X/Y, I think then they will begin rolling off some events; that way, they could bring players back, and keep popularity of all four of these games at a balanced level. :] Aside from that, I really have no idea what they're waiting for, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Funny you should say that..

uneventful gen

I'm sure they will introduce and distribute more events in the lead-up to ORAS too.
    Isn't it a crying shame that this is only for those who go to the Pokemon Center in Paris? Vivilion is one of my favourite Pokemon of Gen VI and once again because I live in the UK I'm being locked out of a notable event Pokemon...
    Let's hope the pattern can be passed down, I will trade a Shiny Groudon for a legitimate Pokeball Vivi >.>

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Isn't it a crying shame that this is only for those who go to the Pokemon Center in Paris? Vivilion is one of my favourite Pokemon of Gen VI and once again because I live in the UK I'm being locked out of a notable event Pokemon...
    Let's hope the pattern can be passed down, I will trade a Shiny Groudon for a legitimate Pokeball Vivi >.>
    Aw, that Vivillon pattern is only for the people in Paris? That's no fun. Vivillons are one of the few pokes I like to collect (they got all them pretty forms). Does my collection now have to be incomplete because of this? ;_;

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I agree with everyone, XY isnt old plus do you really want all the events to happen at once

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll release some new events with the release of ORAS. I think this is the case because we still haven't heard anything about the Mega Latios/Latias, which are two Pokemon native to Hoenn ;) Maybe there will be a tie-in event somehow.

I think it's also because XY doesn't seem to have a lot of events to give out (Diancie, AZ Floette, Lati@site) so they are spacing them out a bit more :) I'm positive they're saving them for later because if they had released them all by now, people would be done with XY by the time ORAS comes out.

Back