• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unfair

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    When is Nintendo going to do something, about players who shut off there game after you beat them in random match up. I mean my rating is 81 wins and 85 lost and im proud off that. My score should be in the high 90s low 100s.
    This is unfair because i can spend 2 hours of my time battling people and come out with 2 losses only because the 8 people i beat shuts off their game, and my rating reflects that. Now i agree some off the lost connections could be just that a lost connection, even i lost connections 4 times. I just don't think its fair really , i mean my 81 wins would mean absolute nothing without those 85 losses.
    Do you guys have any ideas on how Nintendo can fix the problem?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • When is Nintendo going to do something, about players who shut off there game after you beat them in random match up. I mean my rating is 81 wins and 85 lost and im proud off that. My score should be in the high 90s low 100s.
    This is unfair because i can spend 2 hours of my time battling people and come out with 2 losses only because the 8 people i beat shuts off their game, and my rating reflects that. Now i agree some off the lost connections could be just that a lost connection, even i lost connections 4 times. I just don't think its fair really , i mean my 81 wins would mean absolute nothing without those 85 losses.
    Do you guys have any ideas on how Nintendo can fix the problem?

They should have made it so whoever disconnects (or shuts off their game) is the loser. It's a silly oversight on their part. They count you as the loser when you shut your game off during the battle Subway/Tower, so I don't see why they can't do it with random WiFi battles.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • I know this is a horrible problem because i have done loads and loads of battles and just when i'm about to make the winning move the idiot on the other side disconnects so on my record i only have the losses (because i dont disconnect when i'm about to lose) and then about 3 wins which i think is absolutely horrible considering i should have won about 50 battles but thanks to selfish people all i have on my record is losses which makes me feel like a complete looser. So to be honest nintendo by now should know that people do this from previous games and other games of theirs that do online battling (such as legend of zelda games) and they should have found a way of making sure that the power button gets deactivated and that when the lid closes the game stays open.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    They should have made it so whoever disconnects (or shuts off their game) is the loser. It's a silly oversight on their part. They count you as the loser when you shut your game off during the battle Subway/Tower, so I don't see why they can't do it with random WiFi battles.
    That's exactly what me and my friend thought, the problem with this however is, that some people really do have a weak connection, and it wouldn't be fair if they would 'lose' every time their connection fails. It's true that they should do something about it, but since whether the connection succeeds or not is not in your own hands, that solution wouldn't be fair.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • That's exactly what me and my friend thought, the problem with this however is, that some people really do have a weak connection, and it wouldn't be fair if they would 'lose' every time their connection fails. It's true that they should do something about it, but since whether the connection succeeds or not is not in your own hands, that solution wouldn't be fair.

The current system as it stands now is even more unfair than that. This would be the best and most efficient system. For every one person that disconnects due to a weak connection, there are many more that disconnect because they are losing. Messing up a comparatively small amount of people's scores is much better than messing up the scores for pretty much everyone. It would be a good tradeoff.

I wonder what would happen if, in addition to wins and losses, the game would also record how many times you disconnected. After all, if games can mark down disconnects as losses, then I don't think this would be too difficult. Would it be a good idea just before the battle to have the game show your opponent's number of disconnects, in addition to the number of wins?
    Phantom Hourglass was able to pull it off, so Pokémon should be able to as well. It would still be an inferior system to the above (imo) due to the fact that people would still disconnect anyway.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    To add to this , i tried playing today but i keep getting a lost connection from the other player. Now this only happens in triple rating battles. Could it be that Nintendo has Band me from playing. I refuse to believe that Im that feared that almost 7 different people would disconnect on the sight of me, I mean My name isnt Minato is it lol

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I only have 1 freaking win, when I should have 24 by now I think. Right as I'm about to make the move, they "conviently' disconnect. Where as I have about 15 losses because I won't disconnect. I think that the top person on the leaderboard isn't just good, but they're lucky, because people don't disconnect on them as much as someone else that might have the same amount of talent.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The current system as it stands now is even more unfair than that. This would be the best and most efficient system. For every one person that disconnects due to a weak connection, there are many more that disconnect because they are losing. Messing up a comparatively small amount of people's scores is much better than messing up the scores for pretty much everyone. It would be a good tradeoff.

Phantom Hourglass was able to pull it off, so Pokémon should be able to as well. It would still be an inferior system to the above (imo) due to the fact that people would still disconnect anyway.

That might be true, but like I said, disconnecting due to a weak connection is not in your own hands, while however unfair it may be, you should actually expect that people are capable of disconnecting when they're about to lose, and brace yourself for it. But when you're battling someone, you're about to win and you disconnect because of your connection, and you 'lose', you'd feel even more bummed out because it was due to your own connection, and not because of the other person being a jerk.

I think the idea of counting disconnections is the best one. You'd just see the number of times someone has disconnected, won, and lost. If someone has battled a 100 times, with 30 wins, 2 losses, and 68 disconnections, you can probably guess what's going on. And if you're saying that people with a weak connection would then be judged unfairly because they'd have a high number of disconnections - they would probably also have a decent number of losses and wins, and that would prove that the person is playing fair. I think this is the only way to be really sure about your opponent, or at least for the most part, because you can never be 100% sure.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • It is extremely annoying, it means I can't save the video after flogging them. It should be an automatic loss for a power-down, accidental or not. I think they will do something about it in the third version and maybe in the current games, like they did with Sky Drop.

Back