• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unfinished Business

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Have you ever bought a game, played it for some time, and never got around to beating it? I've done this with many games that I currently own. It's not because I don't like them, it's because I either don't have the time or I'll find a different game that's more entertaining.

What games, if any, do you own or have owned that have never been finished? Are there any reasons for quitting the game(s)? By finished, I mean beating the main story, excluding post-game events.

Here are just some games that I haven't finished:

Mass Effect 3 - only finished three or four priorities {:3}
    Super Mario Sunshine & Galaxy - made it far in Sunshine, but not Galaxy
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - stopped at the second mansion
    Sonic Unleashed - was so long ago, I don't even remember why I stopped
    Crash Twinsanity - the game was too hard for me :|

I'm hoping to finish these games someday, but at this rate it'll never happen...

Years
  • This has actually happened a bit more than it should for me. It's either because better games come out and I play them more than the unfinished game or simply because the game I am playing bores me. This happened with Dishonored; new games came out and I didn't get round to playing Dishonored since so I might just do that when I deal with my huge backlog of games. I am certain there are other games where this is the case, I have just forgotten which games. Though it's usually the games which have a repetitive idea to them; you do a similar thing over and over again. So in games where you do quests all the time and you just have to kill people each time or something of the sort. If there's a twist to the game or something which makes it different, I might keep playing it.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
    Years
  • This happened to me with so many games, I can't even remember all of them. Most of the time my reason is that I get stuck at a tough boss fight or the game just gets boring.

BlindKnyttStories

Advance Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    Many games has this happened mostly with sequals to games that didn't improve on anything and just copy and pasted the same crap with new levels

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Not finishing my games is the worst gaming habit I have... and I've done it with most of my games. What bothers me is that most of the games that I don't finish are SO CLOSE to being completed, but I always suddenly get an urge to start playing a new game. Then when I feel like finally beating the game, I've lost my familiarity with the controls. Which is no help when trying to beat the final bosses... I recently did this with the original Paper Mario for N64 and I've lost where in hell I am in-game. UGH

Years
  • I do this with a lot of games, recently Borderlands 2 and Skyrim. Though I'll definitely get around to finishing the ones I've mentioned so far, there are a lot of other games I just stopped in the middle of it to play another.

TY

Red Alert 3: For some reason i rage quitted at the Allied mission where you have to stop the President from launching a nuke.. it was difficult ;;
    NFS Most Wanted: The last chase in the BMW... SOOOO ANNOYING... It took me 4 years and its still not completed...

Years
  • Ah, I'm glad other people are similar to me... I do this with pretty much literally every single game ever.
    There's only a few I haven't left without finishing, including Luigi's Mansion (the first and second), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, all the Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright titles... I could go on, really.
    Having said this, I tend to go back to games I haven't finished a couple of months later... notable games in this category include Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • There have actually been a few games which I haven't completely beaten:

Assassin's Creed Revelations - I'm still only in the beginning of the game and I haven't made any progress since I bought it. I mainly played it for the multiplayer and I even decided to read about it's storyline because I knew I wouldn't get around to finishing it.
    Battlefield 3 - I never beat the campaign yet even though i'm more than halfway through.
    Uncharted 3 - I'm about 1/3 of the way through the campaign and I haven't finished it yet due to me wanting to collect all the treasures. (who doesn't like treasure?)
    Bioshock - I started this game after playing Bioshock Infinite for a little bit and I haven't made much progress.
    Bioshock Infinite - Haven't beaten this yet either.
    The Legend of Dragoon - This game is just ridiculously long. Though, that is what happens when you play a PSOne RPG...
    Final Fantasy IX - I can't technically advance farther in the game since I played on my dad's PSP, and he let his friend borrow it. My save is on there and I don't feel like starting over, although I probably will someday because I don't know when he is getting it back.
    Far Cry 3 - My save was on my laptop and my laptop broke. I don't know if Ubisoft has cloud saves on the PC but it's going to be a pain starting over. I invested so much time liberating outposts and doing missions.
    Fable The Lost Chapters - Even though I beat this game years ago, i've played it for a bit last month and haven't gotten around to beating it yet.
    Bastion - As much as I love this game, I never bothered to finish the game yet. I don't really know why.

I'm sure there are more but I can't remember which ones.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Long list

White knight Chronicles 1 and 2, I think I got just past the opening and into first random fights on both... and stopped.

AC:Revelations. In sequence 7 and have no motivation.

Uncharted 2. Save file was deleted and had no motivation to start up again going for platinum.

and I really don't want to list anymore as I will see how much money I have wasted haha. But there is atleast 20more.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Countless games.

Call of Duty: World at War, Guardian Heroes, Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Island, Bioshock Infinity and Phantasy Star Universe.

, to name a few.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I put like 2 hours into Heavy Rain and never picked it up again. .____.; I just didn't have time to be so emotionally invested in a story line and ever since then the thought of playing it has been pretty daunting.

And then, you know, times 1824839573475 for every other game I've never finished.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    This is a really bad habit for me. Almost every time I pick up a video game, I play it for three hours non stop, take a break from it, and never look back. I'm not entirely sure why; it could be because I get interested in other games or maybe I'm stuck at some part and I'm too lazy to figure out how to pass it. In any case, I've left a lot of games, most commonly when I'm playing them on an emulator, in the dust. If I buy a hard copy, however, I usually finish it to the end. Basically, I either get completely obsessed with the game and finish it within hours of purchasing it, or I play it on and off for months. Depends on how into the game I am, and that varies heavily, lmao. Honestly, I would like myself to be a bit more thorough and actually finish games that I start, as it feels like unfinished business and I'm never quite comfortable thinking about things I've given up on, haha. Hopefully I'll get better at some point! n__n;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I do this from time to time. One game that I never got around finishing is Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I liked this game, but it just didn't have the same feeling to it as the previous Assassin's Creed games. Another reason why I didn't complete this game is because I knew that Ezio was going to die at the end, which I didn't want to see. Need for Speed: Undercover, Grand Theft Auto IV, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded are also a few games that I didn't finish.

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • I did that with Super Mario Sunshine. Got so far, but didn't beat it. So a couple months ago me and a friend beat it in like 3 days. Was a painful process.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • There have been games that I really did not enjoy at all and just stopped playing. Sonic and the Secret Rings. Star Fox Adventrures

Back