• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen unhappy starters

Years
    was anyone unhappy with their first starter. I did. I choose totodile and he didn't have any good moves. I was mad. So I start over and choose chickorita this time.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    totodile=awesome................................

i first chose cyndyquil and played through with him, then restarted and chose totodile and i was more then pleased.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I chose Totodile and I've been happy eversince.
    I never had to restart..I picked wisely.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was never unhappy with the starter i chose. I trained it and it became very useful :3

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Totodile all the way, fave starter of all times. And then i got Charmander (ties with Totodile imo) and then i got Torchic :) goood choices. I never had any complains with the new game SS/HG, beat it, got all the pokes, and now im happier than ever, playing it everyday with my gf at her house, trading, battling, and playing online. And I'm 18 :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Water starters all the wayyy! And I'm never displeased with them.
    Then again...I never really think about it xD

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Totodile is my favorite starter.
    Now my shiny EVd Croconaw which I won't evolve is my trustworthy partner, not to mention how powerful it is. Maybe I'll let it evolve when it reaches Lv100.. I just like it the way it is now.

Totodile can learn Waterfall which is pretty powerful and useful. And Ice fang, Crunch, Superpower.. No way I can be unhappy with it's moveset.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm never unhappy with my starter. When I first get the game, I try out all three to see what they're like and how they do. Finally, I settle on my favorite.

But I always pick my starter based on whatever idea I have for my team. Sometimes, my starter is the main Pokemon, sometimes I box it, and sometimes I have two or three of the region's starters. It all really depends on what I'm going to do. But I'm never dissatisfied.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I don't see how you think Totodile learns crappy water moves he has alot of good ones. Surf, Waterfall, Aqua Tail, Water gun is okay until you get surf. Totodile learns more moves of different type than the other two.

iuo96

iuo96
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    I hated the starters
    I gave it up for a lv 2 pidgey!
    (now lv 61 beat reds pikachu)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Never been unhappy with the starters I choose. There is a reason behind it why I choose that starter and never been unsatisfied with them. For my first play through in my Soul Silver I chose Cyndaquil, and for my second play through I chose Totodile, these little dudes never fail to amused me.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    dude, totodile's a beast. I use a magical process called "Picking the starter you like" when I choose my starter.
    Haven't you played Gold, Silver, or Crystal before? I've never been unhappy with my starter because I don't base it on its moves and stuff. Different people have different preceptions, so don't diss Toto or my Feralgatr will eat your Chikorita.

Years
    Totodile is my favourite Gen II starter, and my favourite Water starter. You know, 'cause it's awesome. But force of habit made me choose Chikorita in HG. Eh, it's a choice I don't really regret.

PokePokePokey

Training Since 1999
    Years
    My favorite set of starters would be from the second generation of games, I chose Totodile and I must say the only trouble I had was at the last gym, I made it forget Ice Fang, bad idea, and it makes the ghost type gym a cake walk.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I picked Cyndaquil, because I was going to use Slowpoke as Water type. (Slowbro is a TANK). I wasn't disappointed.

Back