• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unidentified Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
Years
  • I was messing around outside when our Outside Cat, Dixie, Caught a weird rodent, I ran over to see what it was, But it wasnt a mouse, or a Pocket Gopher, Or a mole.
    It had a Rat's body but a Moles face... Does anyone know what it is? We live on a farm.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • At long last, my genetically mutated race of mutant rat-mole beings has begun its eventual takeover of Earth!

Years
  • Could it be an old mole? Old rodents are larger than the rodents you normally see.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    I'm thinken a Musk Rat :|

Does that seem at all plausible? I mean, ive caught glimpses before, and I think thats it :o

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • For a minute I thought this thread was gonna be about this thing.

A likely explanation is probably that the creature you've seen is a musk rat, but it makes you wonder how many different species in the world are yet to be discovered.

Tranitar

Years
  • This is what it was, I just looked up Weird Rodent on google... This is exactly what it looked like. (Below) It is NOT a Musk Rat
    Unidentified Animal

That thing is freakin UGLY

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hm. Maybe it's a Naked Mole Rat?

for those who don't know, they're real

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Does this discription fit?

The average body length of a common mole rat is 10.5 to 16.5 cm, the tail is 1.2 to 3.8 cm. The fur is thick with many different colors, with a distinct white spot on the head. The shape of the body is cylindrical with short appendages. Common mole rats also have chisel-like incisors that are used for digging.

If it does, I found it an wikipedia. It's called a common mole rat

If not their is a list of other speices of mole rats on the same page.

Tranitar

Years
  • Does this discription fit?

If it does, I found it an wikipedia. It's called a common mole rat

If not their is a list of other speices of mole rats on the same page.
    the wiki thing fits it good but it didnt have many different colors or a spot on its head
    I live on the "South eastern "Spike"" of Minnesota so hwat are the chances of finds any Mole-Rats here?

Years
  • Unless it was white, didn't have hair, had an alien-like belly, a llama-looking face, and spindly legs, I wouldn't be afraid.
    (new animal on news... ^)

That thing reminds me of a sea turtle.

EDIT: And it could be an imported "exotic" pet that was brought in illegally and escaped. There are a ton more of those than you would think in developed nations.

Years
  • HOW IN THE HELL WOULD IT BE THE CHUPACABRA?? IM IN MINNESOTA PEOPLE!!! Lol

I think it could be what I said earlier while posting on my alt:

And it could be an imported "exotic" pet that was brought in illegally and escaped. There are a ton more of those than you would think in developed nations.

Illegally imported exotic animals is a big money business in the United States, unfortunately, and that may be how it got to Minnesota. There are a lot of wealthy people who visit that corner of the state, since that's where the Mayo Clinic is, which is one of the best hospitals in the world.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I've come to a conclusion from the picture that it is a hairless Bidoof in real life. Yup I'm sticking with that.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • It could have been one the African Mole Rat sub-speices. That would fit his first description and pic, as well as the whole exotic import thing. If it's not many different colors then what color is it? That would help.

What about this? Does this fit?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back