• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Union Room/Cable Club everywhere?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Hey what's up,

I just started making a Pokémon game with Advance Map. I don't have any experience with it yet but I do have some experience with an other game and a similar tool (though this was an MMO).
    I just have one question regarding the 'multiplayer' aspects of the game; When you're in the Union Room or the room of the Cable Club you can see other players's characters and interact with them. Is it somehow possible to do it so you can see each other's characters and battle and trade with each other everywhere? Or would this be like way too hard to program? I'm guessing it could cause issues with player-specific variables getting mixed up and whatnot since the game isn't meant to be a multiplayer game.
    I tried googling for more info on the subject but couldn't find anything.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    To make a long story short, no. Not without a rewrite of the communication systems and protocols.

First of all, the union room isn't even really a multiplayer area, in that you can't see people walking around. You just use NPCs as a menu with which to interact with another player that receives your menu choices.

Second of all, others have tried to do similar things in the past. Players desync, several things are disabled, and larger maps than the link rooms aren't very feasible.

It's a good idea though. Being creative is important when beginning ROMHacking.

Back