• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unique Movesets.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    I'm getting bored with the current meta-game right now, and thought I'd create this.

It's for people to post their 100% entirely original pokemon movesets here, so maybe people could stray away from standards, and perhaps use their brains and become more inventive, like Kirby.

Anyway, since I started the thread, I'll post some of my creations:

Electrode @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry
    -Substitute
    -Taunt
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Grass/HP Ice

I made this little beast up to stop certain things from being able top set up properly, such as ruining Jolteons Substitute, and stopping Ninjask from passing/dancing, it works quite well.
    The idea behind considering Petaya is that he gets 387 Sp.Atk with the Petaya Berry, which isn't really that bad, the bad thing is, it still doesn't pack a humongous amount of power, thus Leftovers is overall better.

Walrein @ Leftovers
    -Yawn/Encore
    -Ice Ball/Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -HP Electric/Rest

My original Walrein set was Yawn/Ice Ball/Surf/Rest, but he doesn't have the defenses to Rest properly, and so HP Electric may become more useful, however, since the idea is to use Yawn then Ice Ball, a non-attacking move could play a better role here.
    The idea behind Encore is that you may catch a Dragon Dancer or something off-guard, which allows you to get your Ice Ball running.
    It seems a little weird, but it's worked before, and if it hits every time, you'd be amazed at how much power it packs even when not very effective.

I've got a few more that I've created, but I'm at school right now, so I don't have access to my Netbattle Boxes.

Anyway, tell us your creations, as I'm sure we'll all appreciate a nice change in techniques.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    Well I tried this set once but it failed pretty miserably.

Sableye @ Leftovers

~Seismic Toss
    ~Night Shade
    ~Knock Off
    ~Recover

This was mainly as a counter to tanks with Leftovers, KO their item, then start NS or ST. If its a recovering poke like Blissey then you have to switch to a damage dealer. But unfortunately it doesnt have the staying power even with max EVs in both defences.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Toxic>S toss is a pretty good set actually

I use the crappy

Evs:252 HP/129 Def/129 SpDef
    Bold(+Def,-Atk)

My newish sets

Kingdra@ Leichi
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~sub
    ~Flail
    ~HP: Ghost/Agility(sp?)/Rain dance

Its works it really does

Heracross@ Leftovers
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Mega Horn
    ~Rock Slide
    ~EQ/Focus Punch

It takes lots of predicting to work but, the payoff is humungous

I'll explain it l8r I'm sort of short of time right now

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    I haven't TRIED this for competitive battles, but I did use it for Colosseum's Mt. Battle.

Feraligatr (Hardy Nature no effect)
    EVs: 170 Attack, 170 Sp.Attack, 170 Speed
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Aerial Ace
    -EQ

:/ anything works ingame...

Years
    for smeargle, i do: spore, imprision, transform, mean look. *this puts them to sleep, traps them, u get their moves, and all the while when they wake-up all they can do is struggle b/c transform+imprision=no moves acessable by the enemy. also good vs ninjask, except i just do imprision and transform to quickly stop them *and maybe mean look so its stuck, but usually they will just swind or aa and 1 hko it if they get 1 sdance in b/c of smeargle's low def... also, while they struggle, u can use ninjask's moves w/ smeargle to bp to the rest of ur team...
    or i just made this up: spore, mean look, leech seed, bp. they cant do a thing, and get leeched while u bp to a sweeper/bper.

Last edited:

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    I've seen your Changing Smeargle thing somewhere before, I even tested it out to annoy people with heh..

And Sapphire, yeah, anything works in-game..

I'm thinking, maybe something like this:

Charizard @ Leftovers
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch/Brick Break
    -Overheat/Fire Blast/Flamethrower/HP Flying
    -Dragon Dance

I'm unsure of it's originality, but I just came up with it then, the Sub is to avoid status (I love using Sub as a stat avoider), and from there you are able to Dragon Dance (If he can), then you are able to Focus Punch/Brick Break away, the Fire moves are thrown in, as I know that have Earthquake and HP Flying is unoriginal, but perhaps Fighting + Fire (Or perhaps HP Flying) is original.

Years
    dragon and fire combined=no pokemon immune/resistant to them *less se (super effectives) than bolt/beam, but a gr8 alternative* so maybe: heatwave, dclaw, swagger, sub?
    or prob better: sub, belly drum, atrract/swagger, eq/bbreak/aa.

Last edited:

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SDef
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Belly Drum
    - Ingrain
    - Spore

for bp teams.ninjask bp speed to him if sub doesnt break.
    example situation.

ninjask used sub!
    opponent used sthsth.( lets say sub doesnt break)
    ninjask bp to smeargle.
    opponent switches to roarer
    smeargle used ingrain
    opponent used roar ( useless )
    smeargle used spore
    opponent sleeps
    smeargle bd
    opponent switches to sth else
    smeargle bp and get the hell outta there

of course,this is just an example,there are many areas where it can go wrong =(

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 85 HP / 85 Atk / 85 Def / 85 Spd / 85 SAtk / 85 SDef
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look
    - Curse
    - Wish

Tauros (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 6 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SDef
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Facade

the idea with these two is to get tauros to be sorta 00ber.im not sure if this idea is old.anyway,get umbreon to trap someone and start cursing and wishing.then bp to tauros and sweep.white herb sets his speed back to normal,which is on par with the like of gengar.also,only normal,psychic and dark types and ghost types work with this thing,cos these 4 types only have physical weaknesses,which can be covered with curse =D.

Last edited:

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
    Rapidash (M) @ Leftovers ** Lovidash
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 70 HP / 188 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Charm
    - Double-Edge
    - Overheat
    - Quick Attack / Double-Kick

Good pokemon, makes sure that Curspert, Salamence, etc. switches by Charming. QA for Enduresal/Subreversals. Double-kick breaks subs. Double-edge for sheer power, but you might want to take Return instead. Overheat is obvious.

Volbeat (M) @ Lum Berry ** Lovebeat
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Tail Glow

Good UU pokemon. Element of suprise. I sub then haze or attack me. I FP. Meh, saved my arse a LOT. I'm seriously considering a HP:Bug/Swarm/Liechi combo. I'll post later.

Last edited:

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Well I created this raticate and it did do suprizingly well against some over used pokemon

Unique Movesets.

Raticate@leftovers
    ability:Guts
    trait:-spdf,+atk
    -facade
    -thunder wave
    -shadow ball
    -Hyper fang

Basically the idea is simple paralyze the opponent super fang (which automatically takes 1/2 of the opponents HP regardless of defense stats or type, unles its a ghost) once or 2 then use shadow ball or facade if Raticate has a status problem, facade has a base power of 70 and does 2x more damage if Raticate has a status problem and guts increases attack if Raticate has a status problem too, then use shadow ball for those dang ghost. What I found out really screws this raticate are baton passing shedinja's (sp) because theyre so fast and sub before I can get a thunder wave off, double team probably would compliment this set well in the place of shadow ball but meh to many people complain about double team because its too annoying for them :) .

p.s. This was a good idea for a thread I think Im gonna just sit here at work and do this all day (I have nothing else to do) so Im just gonna update this post whenever I get new ones

Unique Movesets.

Magmar @ Leftovers
    Female
    ability:Flame Body
    trait:-atk,+spatk
    -attract
    -confuse ray
    -flamethrower
    -thunderpunch

attrat and confuse then special attack away, I think I can call it an annoyer/special attacker I havnt tested this all ground and rock types rape this Magmar but then again why would I leave it out against a rock or ground? :\ , made it female so the attract works, might wanna consider leaving it male for a male attracter :\

Magmar @ leftovers
    Male
    ability: flame body
    personality: +atk, -spatk
    -attract
    -confuse ray
    -fire blast
    -crosschop

basically an attempt to counter blissey + Skarm, male attracting and confusing Blissey would be helpful, plus if it does get off an attack 9 times outta 10 its gonna use seismic toss and flame body's effect may burn it, so it would be confused, burned, and attracted then i could crosschopper away, gotta make sure the water pokemon are gone first, Skarm gets handled with fire blast might wanna try and luring it out by baton passing some amnesias or some swords dances

Magmar @ leftovers/ petaya
    Male
    ability:Flame body
    trait: -atk, +spatk
    -hp ice
    -fire blast/flamethrower (preference)
    -Thunder punch
    -psychic

I like this one, special attacker nough said this moveset only work if youre GOOD at predicting, I put leftovers on it becuase....well......your supposed to but I was thinkin I can put the Petaya berry on it to boost his special attack in a pinch, only problem is I dont think its fast enough to pull that off Magmar's speed is ok its not bad but not good either so I considered changing his trait to -atk,+spd which would do it alot of good. Now I put hp ice on it to take care of rock/ground, ice beam is supposed to be for dragons but the speed thing is kinda funny.

dragonite max speed 299
    salmence max speed 319
    altaria max speed 239
    Magmar max speed + personality 313

So IF they havnt boosted the speed of Dragonite and Altaria with personality magmar is faster so if you can predict altaria and Dragonite switching in you can get off 2 hp ice before they attack you which can really help.

Last edited:

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Smeargle sets (newish)

Smeargle@ Lefties/QC
    EVs: 252Hp/129 Def/ 129 SpDef
    Calm(+SpDef,-Atk)/Jolly(+Spd,-SpAtk)

~Spore
    ~Sub
    ~Stoss
    ~Super Fang

Counters: Something fast with a good attack (or SpAtk)

A (lol) smeargle sweeping set it takes out slow pokemon that would give your team trouble. Pokemon you send this thing out against should have 186/204 (depending on if Jolly or not) or less speed

Best Smeargle Bp'er ever:

Smeargle@ Salac
    Evs: 4 Hp/176 Def/252 Spd/78 SpDef
    Jolly(-SpAtk, +Spd)
    ~Spore
    ~Sub
    ~Belly Drum
    ~BP

Counters: The heracross I posted previously, Multi -hitting hits, Thing with a STABbed QA or Extreme Speed (or a nice atk), things with Lum berry.

You spore, You sub, you belly drum (your sub breaks), salac activates, you BP +6 Atk and +1 Speed to a Physical sweeper of your choice possibly the Heracross below.

Heracross@ Choice Band
    ~Endure
    ~Reversal
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Megahorn

CB Endure (lol). Switch out, Pass it some speed, and sweep.

counters: Tyranitar (sandstorm), anything that can take a powerful hit

Novelty Gengar

Gengar@ Petaya
    Evs: 252 Atk/ 176 Spd/ 82 SpAtk
    Nature: Naughty(+Atk,-SpDef)
    ~Sub/ Giga Drain/ Ice Punch
    ~Thunder
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~FP

Sludge Bomb running off Stab will deal
    Minimum 28%
    Average 31%
    Maximum 33%
    to Blissey.

Focus Punch is doing

Minimum 64%
    Average 69%
    Maximum 75%

Thunder is does 93% minimum (with petaya its an Ohko) to Skarm.

Thunder also does a lot to the many water types.

It counters skarm Bliss Fairly well and it can sweep a few pokes every match

Strategy: Sludge bomb blissey until you predict it is going to soft boiled and then FP it for the K.O.

The rest is just easy sweeping (grab the petaya boost and then take out things)

Comments: I prefer Ice Punch/Giga Drain over sub since predicting a switch isn't too hard.

Ice punch covers: Dragons and Grasses

Giga Drain covers: Swampert

So choose Ice punch unless you need pert coverage from your Gengar

Thunder has a nice paralyzation chance and another reason to use Sub over Ice punch/Giga Drain.

Gengar K.O.'s Blissey

Opponent sends out Salamece (its faster than you if it is Jolly and Max Speed)

Sala used Hp: Flying

Gengars Sub broke!

Gengar used Thunder

Salamence was paralyzed!

Gengar used Thunder (again) for the K.O.

Last edited:

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Nice, some of this is real nice.

I'm glad that fella liked My Electrode aswell ^_^.

Anyway, the Rapidash suggested earlier couldn't stop a Cursepert, as it'll just get Earthquaked after the Charm.

Magmar is an odd pokemon I've never tested, but it seems to have an alright moveset though.

Some nice Smeargle sets here though.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I think that cleared up the value of the gengar set I posted right?

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    its doesn't have a recovery move so if someone wears it down before it is amnesia/iron def 'ed up its screwed.

Same set with Regi and rest and it works

Registeel@ Lefties
    ~Amnesia
    ~Iron Def
    ~Toxic
    ~Rest

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    nuh uh if your gonna use a special attacker magmar would be better

base stats: defense attack sp.atk sp.def speed hp

Magmar: 57 95 100 85 93 65

Electabuzz: 57 83 95 85 105 65

Magmar has eaqual or higher everything except speed, but electabuzz is my other favorite so Ima come up with something for that

Back