• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Universal Pokedex for RmXP?

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
  • Being your local revolution instigator, I think it would be a cool idea if all games made with the same program had a universal pokedex and were compatible with each other. That way, we would literally be a real community of fangames. Also, this would save time for all of us making stats for already existing pokemon. In that sense, we all spend a heck of a lot of time when we could all contribute to one big Starter kit (Credit would be properly given to all) so we don't all have to work for weeks on one system. I might do something like that if I get help from not just game developers, but from spriters and planners and other revolution instigators. Just out of curiosity, who'd be interested in doing something like that?

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • I think that would be awesome. Even though i'm not very good at anything but i would help in anything i could. We could all start a Pokecommunity Project StarterKit.
    PM me if you need help for anything.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Oooo! I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can. I can't script or sprite, but I'm good with events and making stats.

PM me with what you would like me to do.

Maybe now someone will finally be able to contribute the Pokemon Storage System Script that I so dearly need!

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • We could also make a starter kit for each game system like Rm2K3,Sphere,gamemaker and rmxp as most people have got used to the game maker of their choice

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Good idea space guard. I can help on the RMXP and RM2K3, but I've never used the others.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • For starters, I think we should create different teams for each game maker (divide and conquer).
    What do you all think of that?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    I do think this idea is good, but its impractical. And can not possibly succeeeeed. It is a good idea though. :D

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I'll help. Well, if anyone nows how to link to a MySQL database with RGSS... That is where my info is at.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    exteradude said:
    I think it'll suceed! This is a great idea!
    How can this suceed if every game dev team will have its own new pokemon and even new types that will counterdict otheres. Unless every one that is working on a pokemon game gets together and works together this wont suceed. Also what about people having problems with others pokemon and sprites. I for one would not want crappy non nintendo quality sprites in my game or in my Dex. The idea is great, but i dont see it suceeding...maybe a few games could use it. yeah any ways alls been said. Good Luck.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • We can always change the sprites. Not only that, but you could make your game the way you wanted and make other people's games' pokemon obtainable through trade-only. That will solve most of your problems, wala.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    Hmmm didnt think of that. That is a pretty good idea. But there are still problems. First of howmany decent pokemon games ever got finished? like 2? lol and they are already finished. I Dont think their will even be very many good poke fan games in the future. Possibly 3-4? Youll have to work it out with them. But a universal trade system is possible to make and would be intresting. Well the only why I see this working is if you possibly get cooperation from games that are being made now. Good Luck with that. I will consider it for my future game if i ever get to it. Seeya

Years
  • Good idea, so nice to see a community unite for a common goal. This has been a much needed part of pokemon game development since the beginning :)
    I suggest to be very wise with the data and graphics, you should keep them seperate in case of a new system/gfx. Organise the variables/hashes/arrays needed before starting (eg. height, weight, etc.) It would be very good to see something like this completed ^_^

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Thank you. The new problem is that you can't insert your own pokemon in the game the traditional way (programming troops and such. I'll keep looking though.

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    I think it would be cool if the whole community got together for a common goal. Soo, can I help? I'n fairly good at spriting, if you need a sample of my work, I could PM you one.^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2015
    I got something

hey guys, to help with the pokedex i have these idas, i found a website which computes the stats of every single pokemon at whatever level you choose. i was using it to design stats for my pokemon in my rmxp game, basically id get their lvl 1 stat and their lvl 99 stat and set auto curve between those 2 stats. Its a handy website. It also gave their stats based on alignment also and a number of other features.

I cant post the link coz i havent got 15 posts and im too lazy to go do sumthing stupid like spam. But if you pm or email me for it i can help out, plus i have access to a massive amount of pokemon resources and my own half complete pokemon rmxp project, im pretty skilled with rmxp and rm2k3 as ive been with them since the beginning.
    Hope this helps.
    the sites pokemon.marriland/statcalc

Back