• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Universal Santa

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
Years
See, I think the thing is that Amachi isn't necessarily required to respond to the main topic since she's just doing her job to make sure everything in PC is in order.

But here in the U.S. I've only really heard him called either Santa Clause, Saint Nick, or Kris Kringle. (The last one I find pretty funny)

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
Years
I think that in the US it's generally Santa or Kris Kringle.
I call him Papa Noel sometimes though. 8D;
And they call him Sinterklaas in the Netherlands, I believe.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, these are both for neighboring countries but...

Santa is Jultomten in Swedish while Russia -- unless they've changed it without me noticing -- doesn't have a Santa at all but instead they have Father Frost who's essentially the same thing but far less western capitalist, apparently. They might have finally given room for Santa now that they're essentially capitalist themselves, though. =O

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
PAPA NOEL is used in France, it means Father of Christmas :D It's not supposed to be funny...
Here in Lebanon we call him BABA NOEL, it's similar to the french word except for BABA which also means father :)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think that in the US it's generally Santa or Kris Kringle.
I call him Papa Noel sometimes though. 8D;
And they call him Sinterklaas in the Netherlands, I believe.

Yes, Sinterklaas would be right. I have friends studying the Netherlands, so therefore I should know. In Sweden Santa Clause is called Tomte, who isn't exactly Santa Clause, but is like him.

Back