• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unlikable qualities

Years
    Ignorant, dogmatic, selfish people, people who lack empathy... etcetera. As long as someone is a reasonable person, I'm ok with them.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    Not knowing when to stop talking, irrational, won't listen to reason, I'm basically describing myself here, hah.
    Probably the one thing I hate most is when they're conformers who try to make you conform as well. Then if they say you're "scared," I just wanna hulk smash that twit.

Years
    Being inconsiderate, ignorant, stubborn are very unlikable qualities in my opinion.

I also loathe trolling, especially in more serious situations. I guess it ties with being inconsiderate and ignorant, but it really grinds my gears when I see someone saying something stupid just to get some reaction out of others.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Arrogance, tryhards, fakers.

The three sorta tie in when you got that person who think's they're the shizznit, but they'll go out of their way acting all nonchalant and try to downplay their strengths or accomplishments, often displaying facades of ignorance.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Ignorant, Selfish people, Disrespectfulness, People who think one doesn't need to have the respect,irrational. You know The thing i hate the most ? When someone Ignore me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Chiming in with a bunch of you. I don't like when people are intolerant, inconsiderate, condescending, or disrespectful. Basically I don't like rude people. I also dislike when people continue to argue a point for the sake of continuing an argument or don't empathize or always take the opposing side just to do so. That's just irritating.

And excessive hyperactivity and loudness just tends to grate on me after a while. I get really stressed sometimes when there are a lot of small shouty children around.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I generally get on well with others. The one thing that grinds my gears though is probably people asking something along the lines of "Geez can you talk? Why are you so shy?" First of all, it's rude and disrespectful. People don't have to participate in a conversation if they don't want to. Secondly, if the person is actually shy, it'll just make them feel worse. Plus it adds to the pressure of opening up and talking. Another quality I hate is probably being self-centered. I mean, come on, how long can you talk about yourself? It comes off as arrogant and boastful. Then there's also being rude for obvious reasons. Lastly, I absolutely can not stand people who spread terrible rumours about someone else. It's just not on, okay? :[

Years
    So I mostly agree with some of you. But I also situationally display some of these behaviours.
    Namely, condescension in the face of the ignorant, and arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Arguing is now a sport.

I might as well contribute while I'm here.

I really hate stupidity. Like oh my god hate. I also hate people who are exactly like me. Everything I am, is entirely repulsive in someone else.
    This is actually only a me thing, I don't know anyone else who has this problem.

Sirfetch’d

I generally don't dislike a whole lot about others because their traits are a part of who they are and I respect that. There are a few things though that tend to upset me and the biggest one is when people lie or are deceiving about who they actually are. If you can't be yourself around me, don't try to be anyone else. It only makes you come off as fake and I don't want to be around someone like that.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Was this topic made for me ?

-Selfish people
    -People who will not leave me alone
    -Nosey people who must know all my business

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I like people in general but condescension is an instant turn off. Even if they didn't direct it towards me I don't think I could get along with them at all if I see it happening.

You're not as smart as you think you are buddy, relax.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Ignorant, foolish, nosy, judgemental, illiterate, and people who ignore you just like that. You know, all of a sudden.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I hate anyone who is disrespectful. Another thing that I hate is anyone with a massive ego.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    People who can give others a look with the purpose of making the other person notice that you think they are below you. People who can even consider doing it. People who think it is somehow okay to act like they are better than others when it is uncalled for.

You are free to think and believe whatever you want, dislike whoever you want and want whatever you want. But I really, really, really don't think you are a human being worthy of my positive thoughts if you want to show someone else that you think you are better than them. Oh, I'm fuming here just thinking about the times I've seen this happen. And I really hope I have never done this, if so I regret it very much.

So, the ability - or maybe habit of doing this, is an unlikable quality in my eyes.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
    A lot of things already mentioned, especially intolerance and lack of respect for those around you.

But on a less drastic level to those, I dislike noisy people. I could never be friends with someone who feels the need to shout all the time or doesn't know when to give it a rest.

Back