• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Unluckiest/Stupidest Moments

danielthmaniel

???-Confused-???
    Years
    Well, we have a "best" moments in R/S/E, so we should have a reverse. Post you're worst moments in any of the games here. Here's mine: After painfully managing to catch Raquaza, I flew back to Lillycove where I happened to go into the grass before I saved. Just as I went into the grass for a second, somehow, Latios appeared. Figuring it was quite tough, I called our Raquaza and used one of it's attacks, fainting it. I was then forced to turn off my game and catch Raquaza all over again. :P

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Wow! Is this the thread for me! I have the PERFECT story to tell. I have it saved on microsoft word so it'll be just a quick paste.
    It's actually in fanfic form but I'll make the subject bold.
    Title: Weak Castform, Tall Mountain
    ?Castform,? said a young trainer named May. ?We?re going to train today! Since you?ve been away from the team so long, you need to catch up with the others. You?re not alone though. Clair the Flygon is only around level forty five but you?re at level twenty eight.?
    ?Cast, castform,? said the small gray lavender Pok?mon.
    May and Castform walked around the grassy areas of Mt Pyre where it was misty when suddenly, a Duskull appeared.
    ?Castform!? May ordered. ?Go get Duskull with your Secret Power!?
    Castform began glowing as a bunch of bullet-shaped leaves soared into the air. But instead of hitting the wild Duskull, they went through it.
    ?Aw! Darn!? May exclaimed. ?Run!?
    The two escaped from battle.
    ?The only thing that could help now is if I let you hold the experience point share, Castform,? said May. ?But as I remember I left that down the mountain and none of the Pok?mon are holding it.?
    A sweat drop appeared on Castform?s head. ?Casty!?
    ?Darn is right!?
    Yup, that was so horrible. And I ALWAYS go outdoors with EPS.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Not saving the game frequently when...
    a) Batteries are running low.
    Then when I'm thinking of saving, the batteries die.

b) Encountering the Thunderbolt bug.
    What are the chances that I will encounter this bug? Especially when EV training for 3 hours without saving?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Well, since this is for "any" of the Pokemon games, this would be better suited to the Pokemon General Games Discussion forum.

danielthmaniel

???-Confused-???
    Years
    I understand. I was more thinking of just in R/S/E. Quite sorry I didnt completly specify that before. Ill make sure to edit my post.

Anways, to add another of mine on, there was once when I spend an hour searching for Relecanth (Sorry, likely spelt wrong) After finaly finding one, I accidently used a masterball instead of an Ultra ball. I was forced to restart.

Everyone has some good ones. XD

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Lol, that sucks. Look at the bright side. Atleast you would've caught it XD

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    danielthmaniel said:
    Well, we have a "best" moments in R/S/E, so we should have a reverse. Post you're worst moments in any of the games here. Here's mine: After painfully managing to catch Raquaza, I flew back to Lillycove where I happened to go into the grass before I saved. Just as I went into the grass for a second, somehow, Latios appeared. Figuring it was quite tough, I called our Raquaza and used one of it's attacks, fainting it. I was then forced to turn off my game and catch Raquaza all over again. :P
    I have one similar to yours. I had tried for hours to get over the delicate floors in the Sky Pillar, and I finally gave up. I went outside, and began to surf in the water going towards Pacifidlog, and Latios appeared. I got something a little rarer in my opinion.

Then in Emerald I was searching for Latias. I was searching and on Route 131 I found it. If you know your routes, Route 131 is where the Sky Pillar is. Yup, I caught Latios and Latias both on Route 131.

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    I was searching for a Bagon for an hour in a cave. Until it popped out, I got all excited and accidently fainted it XD; And it took me awhile to find another one again x3;

And as for others, I was a n00b when I got my first Pokemon game (Gold) I killed all the legendaries. So I don't have any legendary except Suicune cuz I thought it was pwetty XD *brick'd*

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    I caught a Shiney Pokemon in my Ruby game, traded it to Fire Red, and restarted Fire Red...

I also caught a Shiney Pokemon in Silver, but then gave the game to my sister, forgetting it had a Shiney on it, and she started a new game.

I also used the Master Ball on Suicune in Crystal, thinking that it would run o.O

And I killed Entei on Gold and saved the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I caught a shiny clampearl and gave the game to my brother and he restarted

also I finally found a Latias after hours of searching and my batteries died

Off-topic:what is the thunderbolt bug?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Let's see... I think mines the stupidest thing that any pokemon trainer in the world has done. In order to complete my pokedex I needed 3 more Pokemon:Caterpie,metapod,and butterfree. So I fought a battle with a caterpie and it was ready to be caught, when all of the sudden I see that I've got no pokeballs except a masterball so I used the masterball in order to catch the caterpie. Pretty stupid because I still forgot to catch Deoxys. WaH!!!!!!!!!

Years
    i was fightnig a shiny ho-oh on silver and my pokemon were on level 99 all of them i hadn't saved for 5 hours and in that time i half finished the game, then i accidentally used surf instead of crunch and killed it forcing me to start the game from badge 5... that sucks!

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Uhmm when I was at the beginning of the game(before fighting may)and I didn't have pokeballs I saw a shiny wingull but couldn't catch it:(

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Jirachi3 said:
    Off-topic:what is the thunderbolt bug?
    It's when you use Thundebolt with the battle animation on, the "buzz buzz" sound at the end of animation loops onto the BGM. It's very annoying.

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare

*sparkle sparkle*
    Years
    Where should I start?

-I was looking for Latias on Sapphire when I found a Surskit in the same area. I was playing for 3 hours looking for Latias, so I was pretty mad. I decided to catch it anyway (because it's rare). I send out Sceptile and use False Swipe. I caught it, then ran into Latias. I went to bring it's health down with False Swipe, and I found out I had no more False Swipes left! -.-;
    -I raised my team to level 100 while training for at least 6 1/2 hours when my batteries died.
    -I KO'd Rayquaza in 1 hit (I thought Thunder wouldn't hurt it THAT much)
    -I filled all of my boxes with Ralts (remember this for a later mistake)
    -I taught a Lotad Bullet Seed (what a waste...)
    -I devoloped a near perfect Pokeblock for my Swampert, then my brother fed it to a Ralts. I spent a day looking for the right one.
    -I picked up a hot Pop Tart and dropped my Game Boy after I got Kyogre.
    -I was eating a Pop Tart (I love Pop Tarts...) while playing against Kyogre (second time). Some of the filling fell out anf landed where the moves were, and I fainted it AGAIN
    -I deleted Dragon Dance for Fly on my Altaria.
    -I taught Salamence Fly at level 50, hoping it could forget it later for Dragon Claw.
    -I didn't evolve my Mudkip before facing the 3rd gym (I had no idea it was pure water-type...)
    -I gave my brother a Slakoth. He trained it to a now level 84 Slaking that knows Earthquake, Rest, Focus Punch, and Body Slam. It also holds a berry that wakes it up...
    -I traded an Altaria for a Bulbasaur...
    -I put a Wigglytuff in my team (Thunder, Blizzard, Psychic, Return)
    -I told my brother about the Return TM. Everything he has (except Slaking) now knows it.
    -I thought Swampert could beat Vileplume with Earthquake. Stupid Stun Spore...
    -I used a level 40 Torkoal against Wallace. I thought he used ICE type...
    -I forgot to take EXP Share off of my Venusaur before trading it.
    -I traded my Latias for a Torchic...
    -During my first Elite 4 challenge, I relyed solely on my Swampert and Kyogre (levels 61 and 54)
    -I trained a Xatu to level 41
    -I went on a Phanpy catching spree and wound up releasing them all (this was before Ralts)

I have plenty more, but I won't waste any more of your time.

Back