• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uno, Dos, Tres

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    I feel like an idiot. So, somehow I just realized a few months ago that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have uno, dos, and tres in them. XD Hahaha. Though there's nothing Spanish about them..

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I just realized that a couple weeks ago when I saw a Facebook group about it. :P
    So don't worry, you're not alone.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Why do a lot of people believe that Pokemon names are just some made up gibberish.
    They all have an origin to them.

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    You're an ornery one, aren't you? It's because most of them have random origins that people don't know about, such as languages and scientific fact, while others are so blindingly obvious that it's embarrassing.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i didn't know that they had those in their names until i read this thread.

Years
    I had always noticed the uno, dos and tres in their names (in fact, I've always nicknamed them Articune, Zapdeux and Moltrois when I catch them in games), but apparently my cousin didn't notice until a few weeks ago when I was talking about it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    i never noticed because when i catch them i cut out their entire name and leave the fire three leaders :P

Back