• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Unobtainable event Pokemon

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • Recently whilst browsing a well known auction site for a cheap copy of X (or another Y) I stumbled across people selling Pokemon. Normally I wouldn't bother with this type of thing, but being as Vicitni, Meloetta, Keldeo and such are unobtainable now by conventional means, and people don't seem keen to trade them, I dare say I'm tempted.

Where does the community stand on this? Is it acceptable to acquire pokemon in this way?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • This pokemon community forum is firmly against the notion of selling/buying pokemon data through financial means. I once saw a post made by a new member who thought it was a bright idea to sell their breeding service for a quick buck. It got closed by the moderators pretty quickly and they respectfully warned him about the forum rules.
    As for event legendaries, I managed to acquire all of them simply through trading in this forum and having a lot of patience. Heck, I even seen someone in the thread requesting a free mew and got it (it's been cloned).
    My advice to you would be to either Matsuda Method a shiny pokemon and offer it in the trading thread or wait patiently for the next distribution event.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Well, if that's not relevant and ironic I don't know what is! Sebastian being 'Rocket Grunt' - thought Team Rocket were all for getting rich selling Pokemon? :P

Guess I'll leave it then.
    I've managed to get everything now except Meloetta! Why do shinies take such an absurdly long time!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just wanna say that's highly against the rules to sell things (and/or to ask people to sell you something) on this site. We don't care so much what you do on other sites.

Years
  • I find it dumb to buy/sell pokemon. If everything else fails and you want a specific pokemon, you can just generate it through GTS (idk if it works in Gen 6, but you can transfer from Gen 5 in that case), i only ever did it for in game events or event pokemon i lost when i deleted my save data to replay the game out of boredom.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I find it dumb to buy/sell pokemon. If everything else fails and you want a specific pokemon, you can just generate it through GTS (idk if it works in Gen 6, but you can transfer from Gen 5 in that case), i only ever did it for in game events or event pokemon i lost when i deleted my save data to replay the game out of boredom.

online functions for gen 5 and older no longer work as of may 20

Back