• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova characters!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Unova has some pretty well developed personalities for their characters, that are pretty non-existant with most of the characters in other generations (as far as the game is concerned). What Unova character do you feel you identify the most with? Why?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I feel like I can identify with Skyla, somewhat. While I have a fear of heights, which kinda makes you question why, take into mind that she does care for sick Pokemon, and specifically makes the effort to visit them, much like Jasmine of Johto, who I identified most with. Skyla also has flying Pokemon, which used to be my favourite type but even now I still find quite awesome.

I'm just going to say it now: I hope many people can't identify with Elesa, just because I feel like her personality is... lacking.

Years
  • I feel like I can identify with Skyla, somewhat. While I have a fear of heights, which kinda makes you question why, take into mind that she does care for sick Pokemon, and specifically makes the effort to visit them, much like Jasmine of Johto, who I identified most with. Skyla also has flying Pokemon, which used to be my favourite type but even now I still find quite awesome.

I'm just going to say it now: I hope many people can't identify with Elesa, just because I feel like her personality is... lacking.

A Model that is a Gym Leader and a apparent role model who butts into people's family affairs? Yeah, I guess you have a point.

- MegamanC

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah pretty much, I don't really consider her a role model to anybody, (not even Bianca), and really, she seems like the most fake out of all the characters. Members: Prove me wrong. :)

As a result I'd actually least identify with her, really.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Either Susan of the Riches because she's so elegant and refined, or our good friend, the former Rocket member who talks funny.

If I had to choose some sort of main character, I suppose I'd go for Ghetsis, since I also have dreams of ruling the world, but have plans on accomplishing it on the sly.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Chill. Pretty talkative and such. :) also, it feels like he is indifferent to his brothers, (which I am PARTIALLY.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I identify myself most with Cheren. I look similar to him and I want to be the best when it comes to Pokemon.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • I like Hilda and Elesa, there soooo cute! -^^- I love how Elesa is a model, and that she's a Gym leader to AND my third fave typing. :3 Plus Elesa's awesome and cool, and wears awesome clothes. xD And then there's Hilda, i love how people are making cute pics of her cause she is cute. I liked Hilda from the start when i saw her, i just don't really think the name Hilda fits her, she's more like a ..... Zoey, type of person, lol. :P

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
    Years
  • A Model that is a Gym Leader and a apparent role model who butts into people's family affairs? Yeah, I guess you have a point.

- MegamanC

haha Yeah I would have to agree there.

And to answer the question, I think I would most identify with Bianca. Even though she isn't the best trainer, she is willing to keep trying. She also is very happy and a bit ditzy at times.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I can identify with Cheren as he is a high example of an over achiever with that dream to soar high and always reach his full potential in everything he does and throw off the skeptical few that either put him down or try to prove he can't do what he says he can.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd identify with Alder a bit due to Alder losing one of his companions back then reminding me of the times I had to go through that same experience as well TBH.

Years
  • I'd identify with Grimsley best probably because I'm kind of an effeminate male. He's also hot. Okay, that's creepy but I think he's really cool, too!

I might also identify with Cheren just because I can be smart-butt sometimes and I want to be the best Pokemon trainer everm

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ace Trainer Austin, ya know, the kid on the ferris wheel who nearly pees every time he gets on it. I'm like that too. If it's too tall, I'm too scared.
    That, and he's adorable.
    And so am I

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Alder and Skyla here. They both help people and pokemon, I love Alder because he is unique and has a lot of native type pokemon he helps people try to see to have fun and batleing and not always take is seriously. Skyla cares for sick pokemon,plus she has flying types which I love.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    For some reason, I find myself most like N. I mean, during the first time you see him and his last speech, he really knows how to take care of Pokemon. He cares for them and I can understand his goals and why he would want to do them. I mean, if it wasn't for Ghetsis and his "Legendary" plan, he could've been a sucessful trainer that treats everyone and anyone equally. I just don't know how to explain it, but I really look up to him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    ... Alder, actually. Not due to personal loss — relating to that always seemed rather baseless to me due to the matter's ubiquity as a fact of life. I identify with his actual personality, his 'old master' demeanour; calm, steadfast, the sort of thing I am to my friends. Of course, unlike him, I am very reserved.

Back