• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova Gym leaders disscussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • The old thread died so I'm remaking a new one in it's place.
    Suggestions questions to base your posts on: Who is your favorite gym leader? Why?
    What strategies did you used to beat them?
    What gym leader did you find the hardest?
    Which is your least favorite?
    Who was the easiest?
    What do you think over all about the Unova gym leaders?
    English Gym leader name list:
    Cilan (Dent) /?/?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?/ Iris

Last edited:

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • I guess my fav gym leader would be the flying one. She's purrdyy. :3
    I haven't played B/W yet so I can't say much about them...
    I think the gym leaders should have more pokemon. ._.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ahaha, I haven't looked at the OP because I want a surprise at the types of Gym Leaders (that is, if they are listed) for Unova, however I've managed to find out 6 or 7 unfortunately.

Years
  • Furou for the win! She is like the reincarnation of Winona. Flying types for the win!
    I know what you mean :) I wonder if she might be related to her like Lance and Clair were...
    My favorite gym leader so far has been Isis because she's the only one I really know the most about.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Who is your favorite gym leader? Why?: Kamitsure because she's sexy. I also like Dent and Iris because they're traveling with Ash in the anime.
    Which is your least favorite?: Hachiku. How does he not get cold when he's not wearing a sweater or a jacket? I also don't like Arti.
    What do you think over all over all about the Unova gym leaders?: They could use some more Pokemon on their team, but otherwise, they're cool.

Years
  • I agree they do need more Pokemon I was disappointed when I saw that Iris only had three Pokemon despite being the Eighth gym leader >_> Two of which were of the same evolution line...

saint paxton

Wat it do baby boo~
    Years
  • Who is your favorite gym leader?
    Oh man. Aloe. <3 Kamitsure's, Dent's and Yacon's designs are great, too.

Uhhh, Arti.

I hadn't seen them until now, but I'm pleasantly surprised at their designs. I wish Aloe had, like, grass/poison pokemon or something, rather than normal. (regardless of what her role is in the games/anime. I'm sure it will make sense for her to have normal type, I just think that grass would go with her design.)
    & I don't like the Elite Four at all.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
  • Who is your favorite gym leader? Why?
    I am in love with Kamitsure. She has a Zeburakai, which is ultimate badarseary and she just looks easy going. But, I am also quite torn between Furou and her.

I am really not found of the stereotypical Aunt Jemima gym leader. Seriously? Do we SERIOUSLY need her :/

I think they are pretty chill from what I've seen. The only complaint I've had is that the gyms aren't as pretty as D/P and HG/SS.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Who is your favorite gym leader? Why?: I like Kamitsure because her design is really awesome. And she's an Electric Trainer, and the Electric Pokemon this Gen are so cool.

Which is your least favorite?: Arti, definitely. I just hate the design.

What do you think over all over all about the Unova gym leaders?: They're really cool, but I wish their Pokemon were more diverse for some reason. Other than that, I love most of them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Who is your favorite gym leader? Why?
    My favorite would have to be either Iris; Idk why she's just awesome, and she has Dragons so yeah, or Aloe; cause she's beast :DD
    What strategies did you used to beat them?
    I use the only normal strategy, pinpoint the weakness and make use of it. (Used should be use.)
    What gym leader did you find the hardest?
    Dento/Poddo/Koon, they were just to hard, and I refused to use the fugly monkeys.
    Yakon and the Ice person, they've received no attention; not like the other leaders.
    Who was the easiest?
    Ice person; He was just to easy.
    Tbh... I think these leaders are the best, O' wait; except for Hoenn; But I really like these Leaders :]

Years
  • I found the Unova gym leaders from what I have read about them kind of Black and White, half of them are interesting to me but the rest are boring...

Perriechu

Years
  • I found the Unova gym leaders from what I have read about them kind of Black and White, half of them are interesting to me but the rest are boring...

I see what you did thar

That is actually quite true lmao.

Interesting;
    Iris, Kamitsure, Dento, Aloe, Wind Lady,

Boring;
    Everyone else u.u

Years

• I see what you did thar

That is actually quite true lmao.

Interesting;
    Iris, Kamitsure, Dento, Aloe, Wind Lady,

Boring;
    Everyone else u.u
    Ironically those are the one I find it interesting, how funny that it's only the girls that are interesting this gen, lol they usually make the guys cool ex:Geovanni Blue,Norman,Volknor.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • My favorite Gym Leaders:
    Kamitsure & Furou because I find them both...(Tries to think of an appropriate word)...attractive

Least favorite Gym Leader:
    Only Arti because the guy has a butterfly belt. Not epic at all...

Hardest Gym Leader:
    Iris was the hardest for me because we all know from Lance, Clair, and Drake how hard it can be to take down a dragon

Easiest Gym Leader:
    Hachiku, I swept him with Hihidaruma and that was the only sweep of any of the gym leaders I've faced in gen.V

Overall Opinion:
    I think this set of gym leaders are 2nd best to HG/SS's Kanto gym leaders

Solaceon Glaceon

earthbound..
    Years
  • ^ What pokemon did you use against her? I didn't imagine her Emonga being that powerful 0_0...

ah the fighting pokemon with the steel thing, i had the grass starter and dorian with a few other fillers. they kinda hit me a little hard with the volt change X.x you'll go through the terror X.x i've only beat like 4 gyms.. I cant find the 5th one xD

i don't know, i guess from where it was normal effective on most of my pokes it killed them pretty quick. their rabid beasts.. X.x

ah then again, the gyms on the game are on a new level. all four so far have been somewhat tough..

Perriechu

Years
  • ah the fighting pokemon with the steel thing, i had the grass starter and dorian with a few other fillers. they kinda hit me a little hard with the volt change X.x you'll go through the terror X.x i've only beat like 4 gyms.. I cant find the 5th one xD

i don't know, i guess from where it was normal effective on most of my pokes it killed them pretty quick. their rabid beasts.. X.x

ah then again, the gyms on the game are on a new level. all four so far have been somewhat tough..

You should be able to trash Emonga since there horribly weak D:

Glaceon; read this if your stuck :]
    Spoiler:

Also I think Shaga is pretty cool, only because he's related to Iris though u.u I hope in the 3rd version they become a double battle.

I think His and Iris' team should of been different; keep the first fugly Dragon but swap the last 2.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My favorite is obviously Kamitsure. Her design is totally rad, and she's an electric type trainer. I do however wish she had more diversity on her team, rather than having two Emonga's. I can't remember what my strategy was against her lol, I most likely just went head on against her. She wasn't really tough. My least favorite would probably be a tie between the Cowboy guy and the "snow ninja" dude haha. Not huge on their designs for some reason.

I found the hardest leader to be Aloe. That dog of her's was packing some serious power, and then the rat thing was pretty quick and a pain in the ass. The easiest trainer though... hmm, probably Arty. That was most likely because I picked the fire starter haha.

As a whole, I think the Unova gym leaders are all pretty cool though. I wish we had seen a Psychic or Dark type trainer though, but the Elite 4 having those types definitely made up for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back