• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova Link: Memory Events

Years
  • I've just completed my Pokemon White 2, three days after I got it, but anyway, I just tried out Memory Events on Unova link. I carelessly put in my nickname, Banshee, for my trainer's name, after my previous Black trainer. Bad idea. A person was like, "Hey, Banshee! Have you ever heard of the hero trainer Banshee?" or something like that. I facepalmed. And, I need to tell ya, I'm a real weakling for sad flashbacks. On the first Memory Event, the one with the Pokemon Breeder featuring N, I was probably intent on crying myself a pond finding out more. And I was seriously curious. When I got to Numeva Town with the Mom event, I felt so, so sad. Your previous character's mom mistaking you for her... But yet, I was even more curious. What happend to the other character? My theory is th-slapped- I need to shut up. Anyway, how did you feel about the Memory Events?

Sirfetch’d

Well the other player is in search of N. I like the Unova Link. It is super cool:)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think the Memory Events really add a special something to B2W2. It makes them feel even more like solidified, direct sequels. Giving more backstory on previous events was a very smart move on Game Freak's part, and the flashbacks definitely succeeded in tugging at my heartstrings.

The only thing that wasn't accounted for was, as you mentioned, people who like to name their trainers after themselves. Thankfully, it was kind of obvious which player the characters were talking about, but it definitely would have helped if they could have said "another [player]" if they both had the same name.

Back