• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova-only Pokemon during the main story: Debate

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As a player who played Gen I to Gen III multiple times and Diamond just once, I have to say that I really liked the change. It really got tiring seeing Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp and Abra all over again. I like the evolutions of all of them, and I used them often in my recent playthroughs, but it's just boring seeing them in every game.

Besides, it's not like they are unavailable. It's already been stated that you can get them via trade and Dream World, so I don't see a problem with Unova only in the wild. It's still possible to get your Kantomons after first gym.

The only older Pokemon I used was a Machop I got early in the game. I trained it until it evolved to Machoke, traded with a friend to evolve it and then ditched it since I found a better Unova substitute.

tbh on the Dream World note, I'm kinda of the view that older Pokemon shouldn't have been in the region BECAUSE of the Dream World. I mean you have this extra add on with lots of past Pokemon and yet you have them all running around the region. Why bring in so much old when you wanted to start over brand new? In other words I'd extend the main game thing to post game too, really.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I loved that it was Gen V only in the main storyline. This is one of the main reasons why Gen V is my second favorite generation. It really made me feel like I was playing Gen I again. Everything was fresh, everything was new. It reminded me why I fell in love with the Pokemon games in the first place. When I was playing through and I encounter a Pokemon that I had never seen before I got this excitement that I hadn't felt in a long time when playing a Pokemon game.

Back