• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova's "Isolation" from other regions

tmega1990

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I like it. It is a fresh start and you get to use all new Pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I cant see Unova being across the world by its self. Even if there not based on U.S locations there should be one or two more regions near it. They did NY city , maybe base a region on california, Lol how about Las Vegas and the criminal organization could be like the mob. Imagine a giant city filled with neon lights, im talking bigger than castella city lol

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    I like the idea of an isolated reigon. It truly feels like a new game is on the horizon. Besides their weren't any islands left in japan to base a reigon off

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah Unova obviously has land to it's "North" and "left" sides they could use in the future :)
    Though I hope they don't end up making a return to Unova like they did to Kanto in GS which was all dead...I want a live Unova...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I like the feature, however Nintendo hopefully won't make a habit of it. >_>

Maybe Orre and such are close by! <:

I also like how only Unova Pokemon were able to be caught and no others until later on.

Years
    It's a nice change and I hope that if they continue to make new games they'll spread out to more places in the world. I don't think I'd want to see three more regions based on America. It was fine with the other games since basing them all on Japan was their 'thing' but now that they've broken with that I'd rather they tried new places entirely. A second region connected to Isshu would be okay so you can have a large area in one game, but that's really not necessary and it it never comes to be I won't be disappointed.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    We've had four japan-based games and one american, it would be interesting to see what it'd be like elsewhere like England, Africa, even Australia

Venomoth Z

Lazy Trainer
    Years
    Does anyone else think it would be cool, if in one Generation in the future the new region was split into different continents? So you could get on a Plane and fly from say a Japanese based continent to an Australian based continent or something cool like that.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I like Unova like this. It gives a fresh start. It wouldn't be good with all the Pokemon games though. What I do wonder is how far Unova is from the main regions. Is there a map of all the regions together? I know Pokearth, but that doesn't show where Unova is in relation to all the other regions.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I like it. It's a fresh feel. I know there are other regions connected I even said it might have it's own Johto. I don't want a fresh start all the time and I would like the next region to be based off elsewhere. Like London, and we can have a long river going through the region like the Thames. Oh and Battle double-decker Buses! :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Does anyone else think it would be cool, if in one Generation in the future the new region was split into different continents? So you could get on a Plane and fly from say a Japanese based continent to an Australian based continent or something cool like that.

Hmm, continents are big. For the pokemon world I guess it's safe to say that each region is sort of is a country, and all the regions make up the continent, or pokemon world. Come to think of it I wonder how the pokemon world map would look now that Isshu/Unova is added to it. 4 giant landmasses (since kanto/johto are connected = one landmass) in totally seperate parts of a globe?

We've had four japan-based games and one american, it would be interesting to see what it'd be like elsewhere like England, Africa, even Australia

I'd love an Australia region. It'd be sooo big! Australia is actually closer to Japan than the US, so I'm surprised that they didn't go to Australia for inspiration. Plenty to find there. Isshu could have been based off of Australia. It has all of the geographic features that Australia has(disregarding mountains and snow)....

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Yeah Unova obviously has land to it's "North" and "left" sides they could use in the future :)
    Though I hope they don't end up making a return to Unova like they did to Kanto in GS which was all dead...I want a live Unova...

That extra land could still be part of Unova, just unvisitable in the games, and unimportant in the Anime. Or it could be like national parks or something to base the future Pokemon Ranger games off. Because pokemon ranger game areas are included in PokeEarth too.

I like that it is based in like a whole knew continent, this will allow many more generations of game play, as they can now build off Unova. I would really like to see a region influenced by Africa ;)

--Pipvoda, we do have some snow and many mountains and ranges ;) We have the biggest variety of Fauna and Flora too due to our isolation, so I hope we get a game based on aus.

BrainChord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    It was stated from the start that Unova is far away from most of the other regions in the Pokemon world. This can be proven by the lack of connectivity with the other Pokemon games, until the main game is completed. This was most likely to give Unova a feeling of freshness and to set it apart (figuratively) from the other regions. So, what are your thoughts on the isolation of Unova? Do you prefer all Pokemon games were like this, or would you rather have full connectivity with all of your other games as soon as possible?
    I would want, every time they isolate (4-5 games maybe?), that they should release a game where you travel through all of the regions released in those games, then isolate to a new area for a brand new start :D
    Then, when GF is making its last game, make a collab of all regions :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    That extra land could still be part of Unova, just unvisitable in the games, and unimportant in the Anime. Or it could be like national parks or something to base the future Pokemon Ranger games off. Because pokemon ranger game areas are included in PokeEarth too.

I like that it is based in like a whole knew continent, this will allow many more generations of game play, as they can now build off Unova. I would really like to see a region influenced by Africa ;)

--Pipvoda, we do have some snow and many mountains and ranges ;) We have the biggest variety of Fauna and Flora too due to our isolation, so I hope we get a game based on aus.
    Wow Australia is even more unique than I thought. :D

And hopefully that extra land in Isshu is used for something, but it doesn't seem like much so...ehh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I thought since nobody has yet done this, I'd post a picture showing the north of Unova. Although this is from the anime, I think it accurately represents how much more landmass connected to Unova there is.

It's interesting because I can't see Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh on there. Perhaps there are really that many other regions between them? And of course I doubt this is to scale or anything of that nature, but it does tell you Unova is only one small part of the landmass (such as Kanto and Johto are one small area of a much larger one.)

Unova's "Isolation" from other regions

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I thought since nobody has yet done this, I'd post a picture showing the north of Unova. Although this is from the anime, I think it accurately represents how much more landmass connected to Unova there is.

It's interesting because I can't see Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh on there. Perhaps there are really that many other regions between them? And of course I doubt this is to scale or anything of that nature, but it does tell you Unova is only one small part of the landmass (such as Kanto and Johto are one small area of a much larger one.)

Unova's "Isolation" from other regions

i noticed it too, i figure the whole pokemon world could be concluded in couple more generations. But it would be foolish just to leave unova by itself , i mean i think people are taking this so called FRESH start a little too far by not wanting any connection to past pokemon regions in the game.

Years
    Well it's better, definitely.

I mean, it gets annoying after say 10 years of the same old Pokemon, Gamefreak did pretty well this time around. Though HG/SS made the oldies a bit better, but yeah isolation is much better.

And Unova's isolation reminds me of Japan's isolation too XD

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    it would be nice if they would make it where you meet like a professor from another region about halfway through the game
    and they take you back to another region and that way you can start trading for pokemon on your other games

Back