• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova's "Isolation" from other regions

Mist_Ketchum

Daughter of Ash and Misty
Years
  • I don't really like the whole isolation thing because personally, the new pokemon seem kinda strange to me and it makes it even worse that you can't even catch the older pokemon. And they probably would be very convenient at some points. But to comment on my own "Strange" comment, I remember looking at the Sinnoh region pkmn when the game first came out and complaining about how different they were and then later getting used to them and growing to like some of them.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • It makes sense, i just hope the next couple of regions are near unova and are based off other places in the U.S.

Uhh... The Unova region is said to be the Tokyo area, so I bet it's not going to be U.S parts until the Japanese have used all of their land area for their pokemon games.

Years

• Uhh... The Unova region is said to be the Tokyo area, so I bet it's not going to be U.S parts until the Japanese have used all of their land area for their pokemon games.

I'm sorry, but it appears that Junichi Masuda must be an idiot as he says Unova is based off New York City. If you don't believe me, please, read it in all of it's glory dear sir: Click Me!

Oh, did I mention he's a director?

In any case, Unova's isolation brings up many things that could be done for it, and it's descendants. In fact I hope the next region is separated as well.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
  • I like the isolation. It makes the region feel like how Kanto was. Oh (even though this is miniscule) I like how they've gone back to starting from Route 1; just gives a sense of a fresh start, really!

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I used to like it but then two many people started to complain how it wasnt isolated enough i mean did you really want no connection to a previouse game? i think the best thing about a game thats been going strong for 15 years is that and 5 gens ......you have 15 years and 5 gens of connection you can include in it but call me crazy

Austy

Cannibal
    Years
  • I rather enjoy this magical isolation, for the newness of it all. It also eliminates some of the pesky Pokemon like Geodude, who are just obnoxious after so long. And not entirely sure how relevant this is, but reading some posts I imagined a region that was all a bunch of islands, sorta like LoZ Wind Waker. I kinda liked some of the water traveling of Hoenn, and I think it would be fun to have some game add a new element to that.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I rather enjoy this magical isolation, for the newness of it all. It also eliminates some of the pesky Pokemon like Geodude, who are just obnoxious after so long. And not entirely sure how relevant this is, but reading some posts I imagined a region that was all a bunch of islands, sorta like LoZ Wind Waker. I kinda liked some of the water traveling of Hoenn, and I think it would be fun to have some game add a new element to that.

Lol almost the same thing i thought. I imagined the region would be like on great beach or something ....but it is kinda it has many beaches in the game

Years
  • I guess I'll have to see when I play it. To be honest I think it'll purely depend on how much I like the new pokemon, if I can't find enough that I like I will be longing for the end of the game so I can play with other gen pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I guess I'll have to see when I play it. To be honest I think it'll purely depend on how much I like the new pokemon, if I can't find enough that I like I will be longing for the end of the game so I can play with other gen pokemon.
    my problem is that you cant get most really good pokemon until after the 5th badge

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok having played the english vesion i realized the only thing isolating unova is water lol. There are so many reference's to previous gens , like alot of people you meet come from hoen there are mentions of stuff like poffins in books and one of the bridges is nicknamed the charizard bridge. im so glad the developers chose tto include so much of other gen stuff in the game

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    I like it, when a new generation of Pokemon is released and comes with 150+ new Pokemon, I prefer to just use Pokemon of that generation rather than seeing Pokemon from two generations prior. As long as there is atleast some way with connecting to previous games :D

Back