• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular movie opinions

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    People don't like 2001? I mean I can understand your average joe looking for a Michael Bay movie not enjoying it, but anyone who is even slightly into movies needs to step their game up if they're not enjoying that.

Frozen is disliked by a lot of people, same for Avatar. Two prime examples of where it seems like the critics have simply been bought out...

Anchorman is good, but not great. There's nothing to get... it's just silliness.

My unpopular opinion: I think Napoleon Dynamite is amazing, and a fair amount of people I've spoke to hate it.
    Even more unpopular opinion: I think Gentlemen Broncos is also really good. I definitely have similar humour to the Hess couple.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
  • Birdemic is actually one of my guilty pleasure movies.

I am actually very happy that Disney bought Star Wars, and have put J.J. Abrams in charge of directing the sequels to the original trilogy.

George Lucas is a hack director

I cannot stand the new Michael Bay flicks

The only good things about the Star Wars prequels was Ian McDiarmid having a blast with his role as Palpatine and Christopher Lee as Count Dooku.

Why did Peter Jackson split "The Hobbit" into three movies? Seriously it's not even as long as the other LOTR novels.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    I just want somewhere to vent...so, here:

I don't like "her" at all. I couldn't even get halfway through the movie and it kind of annoy me how some guys are all emotional over it. in fact, i don't care much for spike jonze's stuff at all.

don't understand why people say pacific rim is great. it's average at best.

i think frozen is overrated.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • My unpopular opinion: I think Napoleon Dynamite is amazing, and a fair amount of people I've spoke to hate it.
    Yeah, definitely, Napoleon Dynamite is amazing. I'd never watched it until last year and now I've seen a multitude of times. I don't think there's a single line/part of the film that doesn't make me smile or laugh.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Star War's classic "Luke I am your father," is not surprising at all. THE GUYS NAME IS VADER WHICH MEANS FATHER IN GERMAN

Years
  • Star War's classic "Luke I am your father," is not surprising at all. THE GUYS NAME IS VADER WHICH MEANS FATHER IN GERMAN

That's great if you know German, otherwise, nobody will get the meaning of Vader 8D
    Also, it's not a surprise now because it's pretty darn iconic. I was told about it before I ever watched the original trilogy (and I was young when I did so), so there was no surprise for me, really. Back when it came out though it was an enormous shock to so many.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    fun fact Michael Bay = satan

Also wanted to add I never liked Titanic. I always found it really boring and the romance in the story never did anything for me.

Why did Peter Jackson split "The Hobbit" into three movies? Seriously it's not even as long as the other LOTR novels.

money honey

Space Jam....it's another guilty pleasure of mine along with Top Gun.

I want a vhs copy of Space Jam buried with me.

Years
  • Inception was an okay movie, nothing mind blowing about it.

^ This. Except for the "nothing mind blowing" part that is.

I've watched it twice, and while Christopher Nolan movies tend to be overrated, I did enjoy Inception but I guess that's because I liked the plot and the cast were pretty good. Other than that, I hated most of Nolan's other movies because of the overrated thing.

Sir Codin

The Dark Knight is the only Christopher Nolan movie that isn't overrated. Everything else by him just seems off in terms of pacing and scene placement.

Years
  • At first when I saw the OP about not bashing each other I was like "ha how patronising we're all adults here" and then I saw Lance's post saying that The Dark Knight Rises was better than The Avengers and I just got so unreasonably angry that I now understand it lmao

Can't help it that I'm usually right. :p

Anyways, I thought that the newest Transformers was pretty decent, so long as you go into it knowing Michael Bay directed it, as a disclaimer of sorts.

And while we're talking about Nolan, no, TDKR isn't some corporate, wall-street loving propaganda film. Notice how Bane's populist revolution was never about actual social justice or fighting inequality, it was a facade used to justify his extremist views and to facilitate his agenda. Bane was always a totalitarian fascist, not a Starbucks-toting liberal. A literal wolf in sheep's clothing. So, actually, it skewers things like the Tea Party, not Occupy, but is made to look like the opposite. So Batman is not the savior of the 1% elite.

/justice served

Last edited:
    Back