• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Apparently Jynx, Chansey, Mr. Mime, and Miltank are all unpopular. This is news to me. They were all my favorite parts of both the anime and Pokemon Gold.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • I absolutely love Spinda myself. I chuck a TrickScarf Spinda on my team when I'm playing in the low tiers on Showdown or something, there's just odd things about it that are appealing. I try to use it in playthroughs of games as well if they are able to be encountered.

Years
  • musharna :< no one likes tbh

I do! I've always considered it to be adorable and I really liked the whole "dream mist" thing that was a part of Fennel's research in generation 5!

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    idk if you count Ludicolo as "unpopular" but I feel like it's certainly overlooked, and it's actually one of my favourite Water-type Pokemon out there!

Ludicolo gets a nice arc in the anime with Brock, so in that regard I think it has a decent level of popularity. Although, among the community, I will agree that it is not mentioned as much as it probably should be.

I love Vanilluxe. I think it's a great design and one of the few "object" Pokémon I actually like.

The claim is that Vanilluxe can only learn ice type attacks, but I thought attacks were stronger if known by a Pokemon of the same type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Dunsparce!! I feel like Dunsparce doesn't get much love but it's so cute. How can you not like Dunsparce

Some other less popular Pokemon I feel like most people pass up on / underappreciate are Gulpin, Stunfisk, Rampardos, Druddigon and Magneton.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Apparently Aromatisse is not very popular, according to the last top 10 least liked Pokemon list I found. Can't imagine why! She's so fluffy and gorgeous!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Apparently Aromatisse is not very popular, according to the last top 10 least liked Pokemon list I found. Can't imagine why! She's so fluffy and gorgeous!
    I actually think Aromatisse is cute, and that it doesn't deserve so much hate.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2020
    I absolutely love Trevenant! I've never used it on one of my teams but it's design has a special place in my heart. Maybe one day I'll use it.

KawaiiDuocorn

The Weird Pokémon design lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2019
    I love Crabominable and Jynx and I am proud. Don't @ me. Okay? \(^-^)/

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I actually think the majority of object Pokemon are more creative than the ones that are based on living creatures...anyone can design a Pokemon based off an animal. ANYONE.

I understand what you are going for here, and I agree that it is far easier to design a Pokemon based off of an animal than it is to based one off of an inanimate object, but to say that "anyone can do it" feels like a stretch to me. Just because a design looks nice and attractive does not necessarily mean that it is a good idea for a Pokemon.

Years
  • Does Dwebble count? I don't see a lot of people talk about my absolute favorite Pokemon. It's so adorable. I've loved it ever since I saw it and use it when I can.

Put Dwebble in Sword/Shield, please?

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • people say a magikarp is useless. but i really love it
    all you have to do is just wait...
    until...it becomes
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Dusnoir and smiley coffin may struggle on the battlefield but they're both extremely cool!

Mimi-Q and Gegnar (and Haunter) are my favorite ghosts, however, but they're popular.

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Gulpin!
    Gulpin is that Pokemon I'd carry around like Misty carried around Togepi.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Litwick is my baby ♥
    Idk if Pyukumuku is unpopular but I like them too
    I always liked Bronzong as well

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    vanillite
    how do people hate a cute ice cream cone thats 2 great things

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Some Pokemon I love that don't get love:

Torterra
    I have a soft spot for turtles, and especially Alligator Snapping Turtles, which Torterra is very reminiscent. Plus, Shinji/Paul's starter was a Turtwig and he often uses Torterra, so that helped the Pokemon to grow on me. And its got a tree on which other Pokemon can perch. ; 0; How cute!

Weavile
    There's something very appealing about Weavile's design. My love for this Pokemon is almost purely aesthetic. I love the body type, I love the feathered ears, I love the haughty and mean look, and those fangs and claws just don't quit. Yet another of Shinji's Pokemon. Huh... Hopefully, that's not a pattern.

Murkrow/Honchkrow
    ... Hoo boy. A Shinji Mon. Well, I also love dark things and Honchkrow's design is very dark. A witch's hat, being a crow, dark sheened feathers with red eyes. And I'm a sucker for dark-type Pokemon, like Houndoom and Tyranitar :3

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Ferrothorn
    So helpful to me in BW. Such a great wall with few weaknesses and many resistances. Gyro Ball makes it beastly. I can't stress how much I love Ferrothorn and how cool I think its design is. Got it's own creep factor to it, without actually being creepy.

Quagsire
    He's just so fat and doofy and squishy. I love that cute vacant look, and I enjoy amphibians in general. And Wooper is pretty high on this list, too, because any mofo that can be that happy without arms is okay in my book.

Swirlix
    Aka, the way cuter of the two, aka I will never forgive Slurpuff for what it did to my perfect and cute Swirlix. I wanted my cute cotton candy monster with dopey feet. Pretty weak, though. Poor thing.

Last edited:
    Back