• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unreal Expectations

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Does anyone have unreal expectations of you, whether it be your family, friends, teachers, peers, workmates etc? Do you make it a goal to try to achieve such expectations? Is it fair?

Years
  • Honestly most people I know don't have overly unreal expectations of me as long as I do the best I possibly can. The only person I can honestly say has overly high expectations of me is me - I tend to expect to do better than I really should in a lot of areas and push myself very hard to achieve a lot of the time (which means I'm also hard on myself when I fail).

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • My extended family wanted me to go to an expensive university and study for a career that I would not be happy with. They still yell at my mom for letting me become a "cheap maid slave" and they compare me to my cousin, who's the same age and having the typical college life.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • My mother wanted me to attend a newly-built university in my hometown - Lakehead - but it doesn't have a good reputation yet, being new and all, and she just wanted me to stay in that crappy city with her :\

She also harassed me about getting an average around 97%. I told her I'd be happy with 90%, but she didn't agree. I ended up getting 95.2% but she didn't care about my grades anymore lol said it doesn't matter anymore.

All wishywashy.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my grandmother wanted me to be more like my sister who is studying to be a teacher, not going to happen gran as I am not in to being a teacher.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    People who don't know me as well (even relatives) actually have low expectations, then they act surprised/impressed when they realize I'm not the idiot they thought I was.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well, I have the reputation of being the smart kid, and it weighs on my shoulders a lot. It's hard because everyone expects me to get the highest scores. The problem is I hate attention, and don't believe that I can keep going so well. I have this cloud hanging over my head, I don't know how long I can stay ahead of everyone. So yeah, it sucks. But you know what? Yolo.

Back